Top 4 Reasons Why Female Centric Super Hero Movies Are Often Trash.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Yeah it is. Action stars for men you can be 20 or 80. You can be little tom cruise beating up everyone or skinny ass Timothy Chamalet.

Women get to beat up people too but they have to be attractive.
Mean have to be in shape and super muscular. and for most people outside of Tom, they need to be over 6ft. They not casting a bunch of 5.6' dudes in leading action roles.
Tom Cruise isn't built like most 60 year olds, neither is hugh jackman.
And neither one of them would get these roles if they were built like Jonah Hill. There is a standard for both genders
and those 80 year olds had to have selling out at the box office since their 20s. they not casting any 80 years who aren't already known for carrying a franchise

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Have you seen Keanu Reeves like actually run? :laff:
haven't seen him run in any superhero movies.
stay on topic breh, goal posts have been firmly established for this discussion,
Plus he is another 6ft dude that women find attractive, so it would've been a bad point anyway.

I mentioned already you either have to be tall as a man or an athlete.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
haven't seen him run in any superhero movies.
stay on topic breh, goal posts have been firmly established for this discussion,
I don't know breh, essays like this just seem super corny. Like nobody's writing up think pieces on why movies like Morbius, Shazam, Joker 2, or The Flash failed. Why not?

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Nvm, my fault that was someone else.
As an action star you point was still invalid. Keanu isn't short, isn't ugly.
And i mentioned before you only get a pass for this if you are athlete. you don't have to be both.
If Tom Cruise moved like spike lee he wouldn't be an action star. but he has a reputation for being a cinematically good runner.
YovA.gif

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Wonder Woman and Wanda Vision was the last good female lead movie/show….. the the first Wonder Woman was amazing :blessed: :blessed:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
But men also love other female characters though. Wonder Woman 2 is literally the only wonder woman project people hated. People loved her tv show back in the day and they loved the first movie. Second movie broke all of these rule though,
1) Made her costume less sexy,
wonder-woman-gal-gadot.png

2) Cast a frail snl comedian as a villain instead of somebody with more precense.
MV5BYjU0OTA3NzAtYWNlMi00MWZhLThkNWQtZWM5MTdhOTg1NzhiXkEyXkFqcGc@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

3) All the men went from being soldiers to being clowns
O2XyFfBwDXoZ-z7iKq7KoM9c_GlkQb1nDZVqRpbAZbQ.jpg
Jacket-Chris-Pine-in-Wonder-Woman-1984-scaled.jpg

4) The main villain was a non threatening dude that nobody cares about.
MV5BZTc2ODliN2YtNzhlOC00NDUzLWIyNjUtMDBiYzM5ODBjMmJmXkEyXkFqcGc@._V1_.jpg

They also broke the cardinal rule.

Of nobody likes the Brady bunch's beach summer break special.
Ww84 was nuffin but Brady beach with wonder woman written into it piss poorly. While also revisiting the complete cardinal sin in youth programming. Which is:

-never air the Brady summer special.
-never reboot the Brady bunch summer special about a got damn statue.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I think Galadriel from LOTR is a good example of how to show a balanced female character

early season we seen her kill orcs, a troll, beat up male elves, beat up male humans etc. But when Sauron manipulates her, same way he did the ring maker and everyone else, you see that she isnt a typical Mary Sue and has a legit challenge in the antagonist. She goes back to the elves with shame and high elf punishes her for falling for it. We see a powerful woman make mistakes but the story is bigger than her.

Cap Marvel and others make their films solely about the character but everything they do is a cake walk.

Props.

I love that elf lady, galadriel.

That is how you make a hero.

Male or female

Art Barr

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:yeshrug:Unless they start casting the Jade Cargills of the world. Or it becomes normalized for the women in these roles. To beef up like their male counterparts. Then don’t expect the Wonder Womans, and Captain Marvels to actually look like brick houses lol. That’s not to say that none of these actresses. Aren’t getting into shape for their respective roles.

:banderas: