Tom Joyner offers Rachel Jeantel a FULL SCHOLARSHIP to any HBCU - (Trayvon Martin)

holidayinn21

:SmugMoneyMike:
Daps
Reppin
The mutha****in BX
nobody can win with you idiots.

When she's on CNN oh she's dumb embarrassing and setting black people back.

Now she gets a chance to not be dumb and embarrassing and now it's insulting?

Bottom line the chick IS uneducated, but instead of bashing her like even her OWN people are doing this guy is offering her an opportunity to correct that problem. Publicize it yes, cause it shows the general public when someone needs help, you actually help them not condemn and mock them.

Crab in a barrel mentality is what all y'all have. Look for any tit and tittle to insult someone's character:dry:

75% of this site is filled with whites and miserable c00ns.

it's embarrassing.

BlackElitism

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Washington, DC
:what: Dude is really arguing the impact black doctors have in delivering adequate healthcare to black patients? I'm sure every negro on this site can count on their hands the times they've been seen by a black doctor. Elderly patients are definitely more affected by this. My god I can't wrap my head around what dude is implying.

Once again you don't need white people anymore for white supremacy.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
:what: Dude is really arguing the impact black doctors have in delivering adequate healthcare to black patients? I'm sure every negro on this site can count on their hands the times they've been seen by a black doctor. Elderly patients are definitely more affected by this. My god I can't wrap my head around what dude is implying.

Once again you don't need white people anymore for white supremacy.

Only time I go to white doctors is if it's the emergency room and I don't even have a choice.

Other than that, my doctors and dentists gotta be/have always been black. :demonic:

Any city I live in, I scope out the best black doctors/dentists/dermatologists/etc. on Yelp or through the network. :blessed:

Wouldn't have it any other way. :dj2: White doctors make me uncomfortable. :ugonnagetkilled:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yea.. thats a really old saying that really doesn't apply in 2013.. if so, please provide current examples of cac teachers/college professors "oppressing" black students..

or how blacks have this huge advantage going to a black doctor/dentist as opposed to cac one.. i understand and support the idea of supporting your own, but theres no real advantage doing so other than piece of mind knowing you're putting money in a blacks pockets.. cool

if nikkas really on this all black everything tip why not move to a country in Africa.. seriously

HBCU's are not a reflection of the real world... in THIS country you're gonna have to deal with more than just blacks.. theirs really no escaping whitey or other races.. so why not get a headstart with dealing with them before stepping into the REAL professional world

Son, would you go to a white barber?

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
I think this is a great gesture and I hope she takes up the offer...but I agree with those that said this should've been done in private and not make a public spectacle of the whole thing.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Only last because I didn't care to mention the other kinds of schools idiot. :skip:

You're average high school student (white AND black, middle class AND lower class), can't get into GA Tech, believe it or not and HBCU students are recruited right around the same level as them wayyyyyyy before regular state schools are even considered.

Your average high school studnet in Atlanta can't get in Morehouse, Spelman, Tech, or Emory, but I know a bunch of jobless nikkas who grad from GA State, Kennesaw State, Valdosta State, Clayton State, etc. who swore they was breakin' the mold when they applied there. :skip: :heh:

HBCU's already have low ass graduation rates... but nah lets keep lying to ourselves making it seem like their the cream up the crop for blacks seeking higher education... they getting 30k a year from you dummies and can barely get graduation rates above 50%

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
HBCU's are pretty diverse. Blacks may be the majority but you got people of all races and ethnicities. It's still a free education from a good school.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
HBCU's already have low ass graduation rates... but nah lets keep lying to ourselves making it seem like the cream up the crop for higher education for black people

I

And a school like Clayton State doesn't? :laff: You're average state school always has shytty graduation rates as well.

There are so many black kids who go to shytty ass state schools, who think they are getting "diversity", but then can't even land a job. You're average black student who goes to Howard, Spelman, Morehouse, Hampton, FAMU, Dillard, Xavier, Tuskegee, etc. will have no problem getting a good job after graduation, along with internships while there if the grades are good.

What you are missing is that your average black student does not have the standardized test scores or educational background to attend schools like Harvard, Yale, GA Tech, Emory, USC, etc. so when you tell them to go to diverse schools, they ended up at dumb ass schools like Kennesaw State and shyt where they fair no better and even worse that their HBCU counterparts along with wasting 4 years of their life because they still aren't gonna be able to break into that "Good Ole (white) Boy" club.

Chances of Rachel Jeantel ever getting into a Berkeley are slim to none. But an HBCU (some of those I just mentioned) will more than likely take her, nuture her and work with her, and open up those networking opportunities for her later in the future.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Well maybe when you can offer her a scholarship of your own then your reasoning will be more justified. Right now all you look like is someone who can't do shyt for her but complains when someone actually does something.
:whew:

[ame]http://youtu.be/KaZu15iJE94[/ame]