Tom Joyner offers Rachel Jeantel a FULL SCHOLARSHIP to any HBCU - (Trayvon Martin)

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
The problem is that the reason he is only offering the scholarship to an HBCU has been explained numerous times on here but you still don't get it. The reason is because HBCU's are the only schools he supports financially. He feels that they are important for black people, and does whatever he can to encourage black high school students to attend HBCU's rather than let them die off. That should be commended, not shytted on by people like you.

I'm shell shocked at these dudes. Surely with the way white media have ridiculed her and the fact that for the rest of her life she will be known as 'Trayvons friend at the trial'. Wouldn't it make perfect logical sense for her to go to a university among her own.

Her whole existence is now marred by an incident which will probably taint her view of white people for a while, where else to send her but somewhere she can gain an education as well as learn more about her importance as a black person and more about her history.

Seriously. I think a HBCU is perfect for her. You know cac's won't let her live on a PWI campus she would probably be ostracized. :beli:

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
Every HBCU ive been to been raggedy as fukk compared to other colleges and universities surrounding them.. them shyts aint nowhere near worth 30k a year undergrad

So you honestly believe that Rachel Jeantel who for the rest of her life will be attached to this case is better off getting her education at a PWI ? You honestly would think going to a PWI over a HBCU would be a good idea for her ? Seriously.

Seea

rill rill
Daps
Reppin
Nope.
:what:

This thread is fukkin remarkable. Has it ever occurred to the naysayers that something like Tom's offer might could be encouraging and in turn give Rachel incentive to work towards a goal so maybe if we ever see her on TV again she'll be forming whole sentences???

What is the issue here? He could be planning to set her up with mentors for all we know. Something gotta give.

BlackElitism

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Washington, DC
Ok

For starters.. spelman tuition is like $30, 000... The U tuition is like
$20, 000... why spend $30, 000 (which is the price for most HBCUs :scusthov:)on the young lady if she wants to go to the school for 20, 000.. And plus I coulda sworn the environment they were in was predominantly white anyway

:snoop: maybe that's the problem. Having people who look nothing like her, don't live in her neighborhood trying to educate her. What's the old saying? Having your oppressors teaching your children is a recipe for disaster. For some reason I know you don't object to that. You guys really don't understand the importance of having black teachers, administrative figures hands on in a black persons education. I mean I've seen on this site people downplaying the importance of black physicians and those in pursuit because it's too much school :sadcam: and too much student loan debt not understanding the importance of black doctors treating black patients especially those in black immigrant communities like Rachel's.

Sheesh brother look at the bigger picture. Most black kids have learning deficiencies from neglect in the education system.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ok

For starters.. spelman tuition is like $30, 000... The U tuition is like
$20, 000... why spend $30, 000 (which is the price for most HBCUs :scusthov:)on the young lady if she wants to go to the school for 20, 000.. And plus I coulda sworn the environment they were in was predominantly white anyway

And we saw how far that got her. Perhaps her being around educated black people will be encouraging. She clearly isn't thriving in a predominantly white environment.

Edit: Props to Black Elitism for pointing that out.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
The problem is that the reason he is only offering the scholarship to an HBCU has been explained numerous times on here but you still don't get it. The reason is because HBCU's are the only schools he supports financially. He feels that they are important for black people, and does whatever he can to encourage black high school students to attend HBCU's rather than let them die off. That should be commended, not shytted on by people like you.

Well.. I simply do not agree with Tom Joyners reasoning of why he will only support a persons education if they attend an HBCU..

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
:snoop: maybe that's the problem. Having people who look nothing like her, don't live in her neighborhood trying to educate her. What's the old saying? Having your oppressors teaching your children is a recipe for disaster. For some reason I know you don't object to that. You guys really don't understand the importance of having black teachers, administrative figures hands on in a black persons education. I mean I've seen on this site people downplaying the importance of black physicians and those in pursuit because it's too much school :sadcam: and too much student loan debt not understanding the importance of black doctors treating black patients especially those in black immigrant communities like Rachel's.

Sheesh brother look at the bigger picture. Most black kids have learning deficiencies from neglect in the education system.

:whew:

Rep in 24s, DMV holdin it down as usual.