Tom Joyner offers Rachel Jeantel a FULL SCHOLARSHIP to any HBCU - (Trayvon Martin)

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
Bu but.. We need to unite and help each other ..

When a brother decided to invest his money in a young woman who happen to need an education, it becomes a bad idea :childplease:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
:what: Dude is really arguing the impact black doctors have in delivering adequate healthcare to black patients? I'm sure every negro on this site can count on their hands the times they've been seen by a black doctor. Elderly patients are definitely more affected by this. My god I can't wrap my head around what dude is implying.

Once again you don't need white people anymore for white supremacy.

White Excellence :nonikkas:

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Studies actually show that HBCU grads outperform blacks at PWIs job wise. :ld:

Keep thinkin' the white man's ice cooler though. He appreciates your business c00n. :ahh:
the issue is that college/business etc... is all about competition.
Why wouldnt you want to compete and gain contacts w/ the best of the best?

Of course Joyner can do what he wants...but lets not act like there wasnt a thread where people were coming down on Dre for donating money to USC.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
underhanded insult

Why not give it to another black child that won't waste it :ld:

he's basically telling her she's dumb and needs education without telling her shes dumb and uneducated.

Like offering someone a sandwich because they are dressed bummy.......sure, u think ure doing them a favor.......but imagine how that person feels about how they must look when u do that......especially if they dont feel like they are dressed bummy.........now imagine how they would feel if u did that in front of everyone in the country.

You want to help her like that cool, do it in private. Dont make her a public charity case so u can get kudos off ur "generosity"

Why bother? She'll probably just end up studying nursing and drop out 2 semesters in.

Agreed. shyt like that pisses me off.

Chances are, if you're trying to obtain your GED, then you won't have the education for college courses. Let's be real, you can't fail highschool, get your GED, then expect to go to college and succeed. :yeshrug:

what a dumbass

you could spend those resources on a student who has earned it

Why it gotta be limited to an HBCU though??

This chick is illiterate. Why the fukk is Joyner trying to send her to college?

:wtf:

She'll drop out first semester

why do americans think sending someone to college is a cure for stupidity?

maybe she's just dumb.

:what: The fukk is wrong with you nikkas? :pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit: :pacspit:

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
This only applies if you believe white people are inherently the best/better people and if you don't encounter successful black people friend. :ld:

Have some pride and stop trying to spread your self hate. :blessed:
nahhh man...its about being in a larger pool.
Of course there are smart black people (im black, my dad was a dentist, my doctor as a kid was black..trust, I grew up around black professionals).
But the reality is that being around different types of people is good for blacks. We dont mingle w/ other types of people often.

The truth is that people that test the highest and have the most potential dont go to HBCU's. Its not a knock, its just the truth. Youre also more likely going to meet people w/ connections in the work world (which may be the most important thing to gain in college).

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Of course there are smart black people (im black, my dad was a dentist, my doctor as a kid was black..trust, I grew up around black professionals).
But the reality is that being around different types of people is good for blacks. We dont mingle w/ other types of people often.

The truth is that people that test the highest and have the most potential dont go to HBCU's. Its not a knock, its just the truth. Youre also more likely going to meet people w/ connections in the work world (which may be the most important thing to gain in college).

:blessed: someone gets it

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza

My dude all I will say is that you are sheltered as hell.

Do you think an Ivy League school like Harvard is the real world? fukk no, but you will only come down on HBCUs for such.

If you ever stepped foot on an HBCU campus and seriously communicated with the people instead of just thinking black = substandard, you'd realize how many prolific minds come from these institutions.

I'd go as far as to say that most of your old money in the black community comes from those educated at HBCUs. I know plenty of people who go to HBCUs who could have went to any school they wanted to in this country whether by merit or their parent's pockets and conncetions. I had Ivy League schools gettin' at me just based of my PSAT scores, I could give a fukk about an ivy league tho and thats the story for a lot of people at HBCUs. The network of an HBCU for black people, is dead real, which is why when you go to cities like Atlanta and DC and NYC and Chicago, your biggest movers and shakers are black people from HBCUs. Pretty much every big person in Atlanta I know went to an HBCU or only has a real network because of HBCU alum that they associate with.

At a PWI, a black person will always be second choice. You will not have the strongness of the network as your white counterparts, point blank period. A girl like Rachel would be socially outcasted. She never has a chance at their good ole boy club, even without the drama of this case. Why should she be so thirsty for their ice?

I don't need a white man's connections. I have my own. I understand if you don't though. You probably think that black guy who joined the white frat and was made to dress up like a pimp was doing something positive or some shyt. Lol.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

You are dumb as fukk.

yeahisaidit

All Star
Daps
I don't even want to read this shyt after looking at this page. What the fukk is wrong with some of you?! :mindblown:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
This site has been so disturbing since the verdict

I've found it enlightening. I always thought all that kumbayaa post racial bullshyt when Obama was elected would be dangerous and this was the danger. nikkaz sold the fukk out an ain't even realize it. I know its not wise to use the coli as a pulse for society but real shyt I believe a lot of black folk on this tip right now.

Ol "But saa, we's nikkaz gotsta go to massa fo a weyrk. We's chillins cayn do a thang wit a black skewl." :sadcam: