To this day, I'm the ONLY person to say "Big Papa" by Biggie was blatantly biting west coast sound.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Ice Cube said straight up that before the NWA days the clubs couldnt play So Ruff because it would start gang fights.

I'm familiar with Zapps influence on LA. But you're a dunce if u think only LA was fukking with Zapp as if there aren't countless other citys in the other 49 states. You said EPMD JUST TOOK THAT UNDERGROUND LA SOUND TO THE MAINSTREAM. SIMPLE SCIENCE. No. You have zero evidence of EPMD ever saying "well we just took that underground la scene sound and made that beat".....Thats some bullshyt u made up as if NYC wasn't already looping funk records. FOH

Also...

Act a Fool (album) - Wikipedia

...Look at who ya hero King Tee samples on the song

Guitar Playin'

"You're a Customer" by EPMD

"Slippin' into Darkness" by War
:mjlol::russ::heh::laff:

SO IF CUBE SAID GANG FIGHTS USED TO BREAK OUT WHILE THEY PLAYED ZAPP OUT WEST, WOULDNT THAT MEAN IT WAS INDEED BEIN PLAYED? LMAO .. U JUST PROVED WHAT I WAS SAYIN.

THE KING TEE SINGLE I POSTED WAS FROM ‘87 .. DROPPED BEFORE EPMD AND ACT A FOOL. DUNO WHAT UR TRYNA PROVE HERE.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
But when u go back to 88. Those whistles were PE first. Eazy E's song "radio" samples "Rebel without A Pause" which means Dre was influenced by Bomb Squad. So by the time u get to those whistles on "Dope Man" we already know the PE influence is there. These 2 songs were big in hip hop and came before Dopeman. For further proof of how big Rebel Without A Pause was...go back to that Combat Jack episide were he had Chuck D and listen to how passionate Combat Jack gets when describing how "Rebel..." was when it hit the streets.

Add the fact that Cube said out of his owm mouth that F The Police was influenced by Bring The Noise and that they were trying to sound like PE. I'm not gonna even mention EPMDs influence on that west coast sound. Bottom line..the west coast sound was just a remix of the east coast sounds that we abandoned.

:ehh:

Facts

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
SO IF CUBE SAID GANG FIGHTS USED TO BREAK OUT WHILE THEY PLAYED ZAPP OUT WEST, WOULDNT THAT MEAN IT WAS INDEED BEIN PLAYED? LMAO .. U JUST PROVED WHAT I WAS SAYIN.

THE KING TEE SINGLE I POSTED WAS FROM ‘87 .. DROPPED BEFORE EPMD AND ACT A FOOL. DUNO WHAT UR TRYNA PROVE HERE.

EPMD came out in 87 with "Its My Thing" just so u know.

And since u wanna play tit for tat.

Harlem nikkaz,...Same Zapp sample in 1981. And this has more "Gangsta Boogie" then that Telesis joint

:sas2:

If u aint got nothing from any LA rappers before 1981 then check mate.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
EPMD came out in 87 with "Its My Thing" just so u know.

And since u wanna play tit for tat.

Harlem nikkaz,...Same Zapp sample in 1981. And this has more "Gangsta Boogie" then that Telesis joint

:sas2:

If u aint got nothing from any LA rappers before 1981 then check mate.

LMAO SO THATS “GANGSTA BOOGIE” BUT THE KING TEE JOINT AINT? THAT SHIIT SOUND HELLA EAST COAST WIT THE BELLS.. THEY JUST USED THE SAMPLE BUT IT DOESNT SOUND WEST COAST LIKE THE JOINTS I POSTED

TELESIS JOINT STRAIGHT UP PLAYS MORE BOUNCE, U OBVIOUSLY DIDNT LISTEN TO IT

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
But when u go back to 88. Those whistles were PE first. Eazy E's song "radio" samples "Rebel without A Pause" which means Dre was influenced by Bomb Squad. So by the time u get to those whistles on "Dope Man" we already know the PE influence is there. These 2 songs were big in hip hop and came before Dopeman. For further proof of how big Rebel Without A Pause was...go back to that Combat Jack episide were he had Chuck D and listen to how passionate Combat Jack gets when describing how "Rebel..." was when it hit the streets.

Add the fact that Cube said out of his owm mouth that F The Police was influenced by Bring The Noise and that they were trying to sound like PE. I'm not gonna even mention EPMDs influence on that west coast sound. Bottom line..the west coast sound was just a remix of the east coast sounds that we abandoned.

:ehh:

COMPARE THIS TEA KETTLE SOUND TO G-FUNK WHISTLES EAST COAST BRODIES

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
LMAO SO THATS “GANGSTA BOOGIE” BUT THE KING TEE JOINT AINT? THAT SHIIT SOUND HELLA EAST COAST WIT THE BELLS.. THEY JUST USED THE SAMPLE BUT IT DOESNT SOUND WEST COAST LIKE THE JOINTS I POSTED

TELESIS JOINT STRAIGHT UP PLAYS MORE BOUNCE, U OBVIOUSLY DIDNT LISTEN TO IT

I dont hear it just like u dont hear the g funk sound in those PE tea kettle whistles.

:yeshrug:

Daps
Common sense..its why westcoast nyggas loved some of his big tracks when the West ruled everything. Biggie saved the eastcoast..that's why he's so loved today. They were getting murdered by Snoop, Westside Connection, Dogg Pound, Domino, Too Short, E 40, and then Tupac took utterly over with Me Against the World and All Eyez On Me. Juicy and Big Poppa gave the eastcoast life...Jay Z was putting out Sunshine in some wannabe Mase like outfit but Biggie was on fire. I thought Victory SUCKED but everything else was pretty hot...Junior Mafia and Player's Anthem was blazing. Lil Kim started dropping serious heat too...

Yep, Puff and Big didn’t blow doing boom bap records, they blew using some west coast style...r&b samples, player lifestyle etc. Much more melodic music like the west was doing, not raw NY (his debut had that, but that’s not what blew him up in the mainstream)

Jermaine Dupri used the same formula for Brat for her debut. Very west coast influenced, she was a female snoop, great samples that you could have heard on west coast tracks at the time.