To this day, I'm the ONLY person to say "Big Papa" by Biggie was blatantly biting west coast sound.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
BOYZ N DA HOOD CAME BEFORE THE WEST COAST REALLY FOUND ITS SOUND,

:ufdup:

And this statement destroys all your previous arguments.

U were annoying with the LISTEN TO THE KING TEE JOINT N THEN THE PE JOINT WIT N OPEN MIND N ASK
YASELF WHICH SOUNDS WEST COAST. Talking about "oh well we were sampling Zapp back in 1987"

Only to now admit that the west didnt even have a specific sound by 88.
:snoop:

So all that King Tee ball slurping u were doing was trolling because u just contradicted yourself.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Dope Man sampled that synth style that came to be a main trait of G-funk. Those PE songs that sound like a whistle sampled a horn

see above

BlackAdmirableChihuahua-size_restricted.gif

You just fukked up your previous argument "know it all"

In post #23.....You posted videos saying that G Funk was synths played on a keyboard. Then your fool ass posted examples of g funk from the nikkaz4Life LP as an example of when the G Funk started to really take shape.

But your last statement destroys all that because here u are now saying "Oh well horns dont count"

Well why the fukk was Dre using horns on this specific nikkaz4life song that also has that g funk sound. This isn't a synth fool its a horn and its g funk.

:laff:

He even says in the beginning "Blow the muthaphukin horn" Now what are u gonna do? lie and say O well thats not really g funk? :mjlol:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
:ufdup:

And this statement destroys all your previous arguments.

U were annoying with the LISTEN TO THE KING TEE JOINT N THEN THE PE JOINT WIT N OPEN MIND N ASK
YASELF WHICH SOUNDS WEST COAST. Talking about "oh well we were sampling Zapp back in 1987"

Only to now admit that the west didnt even have a specific sound by 88.
:snoop:

So all that King Tee ball slurping u were doing was trolling because u just contradicted yourself.

IM SAYIN COMMERCIALLY SMH

THE UNDERGROUND CLUB SCENE DEF WAS ON THAT THO

BUT IT WASNT A STAPLE SOUND UNTIL THE 90S, AS WE WERE STILL FINDIN OURSELVES IN THE 80S

PAY ATTENTION

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

In post #23.....You posted videos saying that G Funk was synths played on a keyboard.

I said the g-funk sound was based on the synthesizer sounds. I never stated that it had to be a replayed sample over a straight from record, synth sample

Then your fool ass posted a song from nikkaz4Life as an example of when the G Funk started to really take shape.

I didn't specifically post n4life as an example:martin:. I posted a compilation that included many examples

But your last statement destroys all that because here u are now saying "Oh well horns dont count"

Well why the fukk was Dre using horns on this specific nikkaz4life song that also has that g funk sound. This isn't a synth fool its a horn and its g funk.

I never specifically, pointed out that song as and example

He even says in the beginning "Blow the muthaphukin horn" Now what are u gonna do? lie and say O well thats not really g funk? :mjlol:

yup,I don't consider that g-funk at all

G-funk (which uses funk with an artificially altered tempo) incorporates multi-layered and melodic synthesizers, slow hypnotic grooves, a deep bass, background female vocals, the extensive sampling of P-Funk tunes, and a high-pitched portamento saw wave synthesizer lead. The lyrical content depended on the artist and could consist of sex, drugs, violence, vandalism and distrust of and often degradation of women, but also of love for a city, love for friends and relaxing words. There was also a slurred "lazy" or "smooth" way of rapping in order to clarify words and stay in rhythmic cadence.

Unlike other earlier rap acts that also utilized funk samples (such as EPMD and the Bomb Squad), G-funk often utilized fewer, unaltered samples per song.[2] Music theorist Adam Krims has described G-funk as "a style of generally West Coast rap whose musical tracks tend to deploy live instrumentation, heavy on bass and keyboards, with minimal (sometimes no) sampling and often highly conventional harmonic progressions and harmonies".[3] Dr. Dre, a pioneer of the G-funk genre, normally uses live musicians to replay the original music of sampled records. This enabled him to produce music that had his own sounds, rather than a direct copy of the sample.[4]

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES

In post #23.....You posted videos saying that G Funk was synths played on a keyboard. Then your fool ass posted examples of g funk from the nikkaz4Life LP as an example of when the G Funk started to really take shape.

THIS ISNT THE PARLIMENT G-FUNK SYNTH WE TALKIN BOUT EITHER, THO ITS DEF CLOSER THAN THE PE TEA KETTLE SHIIT LOL

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
when exactly did the jersey /Ohio pfunk sound aka West coast sound transition exactly happen?:patrice:

After the mpact of The Chronic. That album was just that influential. Soon after u heard those Whistles being done by Cypress Hill , Snoop, Eazy E and Cube. And that was when the wests influence started to take hold. OP mentioned Big Poppa but notice he never once mentioned Scarface with Never Seen A Man Cry

You can here those synth whistles all over this 94 track.

OP didnt say shyt about Thuggish Ruggish Bone in 94 either

Nor did OP mention Master Ps Bout It in 95

No....OP only jumped on Big Poppas dikk. But in reality that West Coast whistle shyt was just dope so hip hop was influenced all across the country

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
After the mpact of The Chronic. That album was just that influential. Soon after u heard those Whistles being done by Cypress Hill , Snoop, Eazy E and Cube. And that was when the wests influence started to take hold. OP mentioned Big Poppa but notice he never once mentioned Scarface with Never Seen A Man Cry

You can here those synth whistles all over this 94 track.

OP didnt say shyt about Thuggish Ruggish Bone in 94 either

Nor did OP mention Master Ps Bout It in 95

No....OP only jumped on Big Poppas dikk. But in reality that West Coast whistle shyt was just dope so hip hop was influenced all across the country

YES WE KNOW

EVERY1 WANTED TO SOUND LIKE THE WEST IN THE 90S

U THE FIRST PERSON WHO I EVER KNOWN THAT DIDNT KNOW THIS

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I said the g-funk sound was based on the synthesizer sounds. I never stated that it had to be a replayed sample over a straight from record, synth sample

But you did use Funky Worm as an example. Which makes u come off like u jumping all over the place. One minute its played on a keyboard....Next minute Funky Worm counts as a sample but PE's samples dont count because its not specifically a synthasizer thats being sampled....

Even tho those rules u posted dont even say that shyt. U stay jumping all over the place. :sas1:

But what do I expect from the guy who said that Puerto Ricans in the 70s had to ask Black people for permission to sneak out at night and tag on trains.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Yep, Puff and Big didn’t blow doing boom bap records, they blew using some west coast style...r&b samples, player lifestyle etc. Much more melodic music like the west was doing, not raw NY (his debut had that, but that’s not what blew him up in the mainstream)

Jermaine Dupri used the same formula for Brat for her debut. Very west coast influenced, she was a female snoop, great samples that you could have heard on west coast tracks at the time.
Who was melody oriented than A tribe called quest:gucci:

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
I wish I could find the interview but Puffy said they listened to The Chronic and tried to model Ready To Die after it but an eastcoast version.

So to this day you are *NOT* the only person to have said this. Puffy said it himself in an interview.