To this day, I'm the ONLY person to say "Big Papa" by Biggie was blatantly biting west coast sound.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
@Sccit

MI0001522388.jpg

1991 Priority put this album out

Look @ the playlist...its all West Coast gangsta shyt except 1 song. The last song. EPMD

Various - Straight From The Hood

Now ask yourself. How random is it that after all that west coast gangster shyt they end it with an old ass EPMD song? EPMD had newer songs so why this one?

And is it a coincidence that both Cube and Dr Dre would jack the same sample that EPMD sampled first? By the time Stranded On Death Row dropped that beat was already claimed by EPMD. So thats Dr Dre taking an old ass beat EPMD already used for his classic Chronic album. And u wanna deny EPMDs influence on the west?

WHAT UR FAILIN TO REALIZE IS THAT CATS WAS USIN THAT SAMPLE IN THE LA UNDERGROUND SCENE WAY BEFORE EPMD

IT STARTED OUT WIT EMCEES NEEDIN SHIIT TO RAP TO IN CLUBS, SO CATS OUT HERE WOULD THROW IT INTO THEIR MIX.. THEN IT BECAME POPULAR AND KING TEE FINALLY SAMPLED IT ON RECORD.

EPMD JUST TOOK THAT UNDERGROUND LA SOUND TO THE MAINSTREAM. SIMPLE SCIENCE.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
LISTEN CLOSELY

THIS IS FROM 1987

IT SAMPLES THE SAME ZAPP SONG

THE UNDERSGROUND LA SCENE WAS ALL UP ON THAT ZAPP SHIIT WAY BEFORE ERICK SERMON

THAT WAS THE GO-TO SOUND BEIN USED IN THE HIP-HOP CLUBS IN THE MID-80S

U REALLY THOUGHT THAT SHIIT STARTED WIT EPMD? LOL

My dude. I dont here that "gangsta boogie" in none of this bullshyt u posting.

:camby:

My dude....Go back to that Low Profile song u posted. Its just "More Bounce" cut up but with that bounce that I dont hear untilafter EPMD does it first. Everything u posted that sounds similiar came after. The songs u posted before EPMD sound nothing like "gangste boogie" at all. And I dont have to go back and forth with u. U posted the proof. People have their own ears.

:ehh:

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
WHAT UR FAILIN TO REALIZE IS THAT CATS WAS USIN THAT SAMPLE IN THE LA UNDERGROUND SCENE WAY BEFORE EPMD

IT STARTED OUT WIT EMCEES NEEDIN SHIIT TO RAP TO IN CLUBS, SO CATS OUT HERE WOULD THROW IT INTO THEIR MIX.. THEN IT BECAME POPULAR AND KING TEE FINALLY SAMPLED IT ON RECORD.

EPMD JUST TOOK THAT UNDERGROUND LA SOUND TO THE MAINSTREAM. SIMPLE SCIENCE.

Nobody said shyt about "sampling first" thats some bullshyt u made up because u have no argument. I'm talking about that "gangsta boogie" sound. Those bullshyt songs u posted is not the gangsta Boogie sound.

Again...I dont hear that "Gangsta Boogie" in none of those songs u posted that came before "You Gots To Chill"

And u make zero sense. How the hell could EPMD take a sound from LA that doesnt exist until "You Gots To Chill"? There is no way u can say EPMD was influenced to make "You Gots To Chill" based omn those songs u posted. Again, I dont have to go back and forth with u. U posted the proof they sound nothing alike. People have their own ears to judge.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
nah you ain't the only one because lord jamar said the same exact thing on dj vlad around last year

and i guess it's about that g funk "whistle" on the hook as opposed to the sample itself, anybody know the proper term for that shyt? think the musical intro of menace to society, i call it a whistle for lack of a better term.....

I think it's called a saw wave or something like that

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
My dude. I dont here that "gangsta boogie" in none of this bullshyt u posting.

:camby:

My dude....Go back to that Low Profile song u posted. Its just "More Bounce" cut up but with that bounce that I dont hear untilafter EPMD does it first. Everything u posted that sounds similiar came after. The songs u posted before EPMD sound nothing like "gangste boogie" at all. And I dont have to go back and forth with u. U posted the proof. People have their own ears.

:ehh:
IF U DONT HEAR IT THEN CHECK YOUR EARS .. THE KING TEE SONG LITERALLY SAMPLES MORE BOUNCE.

ON THE TELESIS JOINT, SKIP TO 1:15 .. THATS WHAT CATS WAS RAPPIN ON IN LA CLUBS IN THE MID 80S.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Nobody said shyt about "sampling first" thats some bullshyt u made up because u have no argument. I'm talking about that "gangsta boogie" sound. Those bullshyt songs u posted is not the gangsta Boogie sound.

Again...I dont hear that "Gangsta Boogie" in none of those songs u posted that came before "You Gots To Chill"

And u make zero sense. How the hell could EPMD take a sound from LA that doesnt exist until "You Gots To Chill"? There is no way u can say EPMD was influenced to make "You Gots To Chill" based omn those songs u posted. Again, I dont have to go back and forth with u. U posted the proof they sound nothing alike. People have their own ears to judge.

U CAN MAKE AN ARGUMENT AGAINST THE KING TEE SONG (EVEN THO ITS OBVIOUS), BUT THE SECOND JOINT LITERALLY PLAYS THE MORE BOUNCE BEAT ON IT AT 1:15..... SO U OBVIOUSLY DIDNT LISTEN.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
IF U DONT HEAR IT THEN CHECK YOUR EARS .. THE KING TEE SONG LITERALLY SAMPLES MORE BOUNCE.

ON THE TELESIS JOINT, SKIP TO 1:15 .. THATS WHAT CATS WAS RAPPIN ON IN LA CLUBS IN THE MID 80S.

Ice Cube said straight up that before the NWA days the clubs couldnt play So Ruff because it would start gang fights. I'm familiar with Zapps influence on LA. But you're a dunce if u think only LA was fukking with Zapp as if there aren't countless other citys in the other 49 states. You said EPMD JUST TOOK THAT UNDERGROUND LA SOUND TO THE MAINSTREAM. SIMPLE SCIENCE. No. You have zero evidence of EPMD ever saying "well we just took that underground la scene sound and made that beat".....Thats some bullshyt u made up as if NYC wasn't already looping funk records. FOH

Also...

Act a Fool (album) - Wikipedia

...Look at who ya hero King Tee samples on the song

Guitar Playin'

"You're a Customer" by EPMD

"Slippin' into Darkness" by War
:mjlol::russ::heh::laff:

Last edited: