To this day, I'm the ONLY person to say "Big Papa" by Biggie was blatantly biting west coast sound.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
:snoop: :camby:

WOAT Banner is there for a reason.

Your trolling just keeps getting debunked with truth.

I already pointed out there wouldn't be no Boyz N The Hood without Whodini. How the fukk u gonna say we weren't known for melodies? West Coast hip hop had absolutly nothing melodious on a popular mainstream level like Whodini in the mid 80's.

I'm not gonna even mention the Fantastic 5 MCs

:francis:

BOYZ N DA HOOD IS NOT EVEN MELODIC U FUCCIN MORON

SMFH

U HAVE NO IDEA WHAT MELODIC IS... GO LISTEN TO SOME DJ QUIK CUZ U SOUNDIN MUSICALLY INEPT RN

NOW HOLD THIS L N SHUT THE FUCC UP RIGHT QUICK HOMEBOY

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
tenor.gif

Yeah play dumb like those Whodini videos I posted dont exist. :mjlol:

Speaking of holding Ls....Word thru the Discord grapevine , when the coli has its next purge, there's a small group who are ready to overload by pushing to have that slash thru ya name. Just passing the word.

:mjgrin:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Yeah play dumb like those Whodini videos I posted dont exist. :mjlol:

Speaking of holding Ls....Word thru the Discord grapevine , when the coli has its next purge, there's a small group who are ready to overload by pushing to have that slash thru ya name. Just passing the word.

:mjgrin:

CALLING THE WHODINI JOINT MELODIC GOTA BE A TOP 5 DUMBASS COMMENT ON THIS FORUM

U A BIASED EAST COAST GROUPIE LIKE THE SOURCE

SIT THE FUCC DOWN

“DISCORD GRAPEVINE”

:mjlol:

U NERDS BE KILLIN ME MAYN

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES

THE EAST IS KNOWN FOR RAW SHIIT

JUST BECAUSE THATS WHAT THEYRE KNOWN FOR DOESNT MEAN THEY DONT HAVE THEIR SHARE OF MELODIC SHIIT

ONLY A COLI WEIRDO WOULD NOT REALIZE THIS - U MUST BE ONE OF THEM WEIRDO NY DICCRIDERS WHO GET TIGHT REAL FAST AND START EVERY CONVERSATION WIT “IM FROM NEW YORK!”

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Yeah that sounds nice but you already said that the horn samples dont count as G Funk but your source says

Another early G-funk pioneer, also from Compton, was rapper and producer DJ Quik, who was already using P-Funk instrumentals as early as 1991 in his debut album Quik Is the Name, though his most recognizable G-funk album is 1995's Safe & Sound

According to "your source" it counts as G Funk if it samples P Funk......Quik wasn't doing non of that specific shyt u been stressing is G Funk on his first 2 albums yet your source has him as a "pioneer." So who the fukk am I to believe? You or your own source?

a large amount of g-funk is based on p-gunk but it's not the only source. Synthesized funk in general is the source of g-funk

:stopitslime:

So if your source says Quiks "non g funk style on his first LPs according to your definition of what G Funk is" was a pioneer and u say the horns on that NWA song dont count as G Funk, then thats just u bending the rules in your favor like u always do. :ehh:

DJ Quik is only partially G-funk. He's actaully more jazz than the shyt Dre was doing

Add the fact that your other source about "electro" has Kraftwerk and Zapp as "familiar artists" and my overall point was the influence on what would later be the influence of "west coast sound" and Dre being super fans of Kraftwerk and Zapp.....I further conclude thats just u bending the rules in your favor like u always do. If Dre says Kraftwerk is one of his influences why in the fukk would I listen to your bullshyt?

dude, dre's stuff with world class wrecking crew was kraftwerk/electro influenced, not his G-Funk stuff. Don't you have ears?:dwillhuh:

electro-hop/kraftwerk influeced

synthesize funk

g-funk comes from synthesized funk, not that electro stuff with that mechanical groove

Holla at me when u ready to have that "facetime" debate u been ducking for 2 years. The type of debate were we are head on and Google cant save u from being fake. That shyt u said about Ricans like me living on Gun Hill dont mean shyt will always have u looking funny to me.

:mjpls:

Dude, hold your L.The ricans who who came into hiphop back in the late 70's and early 80's all acknowledged they needed that pass from black people to get involved into the culture. I showed direst quotes and videos with them admitting to it:umad:

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
a large amount of g-funk is based on p-gunk but it's not the only source. Synthesized funk in general is the source of g-gunk

:camby:

Now its synthesized funk in general. Your own source destroyed your previous claim , not me.

You keep jumping from one thing to the next whenever it fits your narrative.This game is old now. I'm done.

Dude, hold your L.The ricans who who came into hiphop back in the late 70's and early 80's all acknowledged they needed that pass from black people to get involved into the culture. I showed direst quotes and videos with them admitting to it:umad:

You showed book nerd shyt and tried to compare it to the OGs in my reality who's accounts say u are full of shyt. It wasnt just other posters......I took what u were saying serious and sent it to my OG......My Og was in that very thread and said u were full of shyt. The day u ready for that facetime let me know in advanced and I'll get my OG with the lamnated pictures and books to shyt on you. His own accounts...Not no bookworm shyt. I'm not gonna even say his name....I wanna set it up and see u repeat that bookworm shyt to someone who was actually there.
:mjlol:
You ran and hid when I tried to set that up last time. I live on Gun Hil Road.....Bronx native all my life and u live in west bubblefukk telling me how my city was..LOL.

Last time I nearly begged u to set it up and u went mute.....And you'll never do it because you'll get exposed. :mjgrin:

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
This thread is:snoop:

The original "Big Poppa" (sheets sample) was made in 86' and remade for Roxanne Shante in 89' both by Jae Supreme

Biggie jacked Pac shyt tho....Pac had to change his whole album up which was to be an "album about death with EAST COAST beats"

Last edited:

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Never thought about it but this is a west coast vibe.

Also found out that "baby baby" he would do is a bay area thing and Tupac did it once on a track before he did.