"Tinashe Is As Close to Janet Jackson As We'll Ever Get" -Complex

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Exactly. She she had hella push. Hella marketing. Hella musical business game.

Janet has classic material no doubt. But she's not untouchable
son she's an icon...slot is solidified...she's not untouchable but this Tinashe chick ain't the one touchin her...I fukkin hate this reactionary as generation...

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I never said she was a better artist. learn how to read my post without your emotions getting in the ways. In terms of raw talents, Tinashe has her beats. Janet had a whole team behind her, production wise and songwriting. Tinashe made alot of her beats earlier in her career and wrote her own shyt. If she had Rihanna's team, she would be a staple in the industry right now. Plus Tinashe doesn't usually do pop records that's radio friendly.:manny:
Janet did Rnb majority of her career and was still an icon...what I'm sayin...is regardless of how talented she is...it's a dumb comparison...it shouldn't even be made...chick didn't even get her feet wet yet...but we comparing her to Janet?..it's dumb...there's plenty of white bytches who could sing or dance better but try to compare them all to Madonna and see what happens...Only one they let rock wit that shyt a lil bit is Lady Gaga..and Gaga is more talented than Madonna..do u see them putting her next to her anymore?...nope...that's cause people come and go...

Last edited:

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
son she's an icon...slot is solidified...she's not untouchable but this Tinashe chick ain't the one touchin her...I fukkin hate this reactionary as generation...
Nobody's calling Tinashe an icon though. They're just saying she's next up in that lane and could give it a real tilt. You too sensitive.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Janet did Rnb majority of her career and was still an icon...what I'm sayin...is regardless of how talented she is...it's a dumb comparison...it should even be made...chick didn't even get her feet wet yet...but we comparing her to Janet?..it's dumb...there's plenty of white bytches who could sing or dance better but try to compare them all to Madonna and see what happens...Only one they let rock wit that shyt a lil bit is Lady Gaga..and Gaga is more talented than Madonna..do u see them putting her next to her anymore?...nope...that's cause people come and go...
fair enough. And to be fair, I'm not even sure if Tinashe will ever reach Janet's level. It remains to be seeing. I just thing she's a better singer and prettier. Doesn't mean I think Janet doesn't have classics and hits. I'll be honest breh, I didn't read the article. I don't fukk with Complex at all, so I don't know the details of what they were comparing her with Janet with.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
At the end of the day, it doesn't matter who sings better...y'all trippin on the dance part...none of these chicks have even been able to graze the level of Janet, and the industry/lane is so wide open right now. You got rihanna and beyonce as they said...Janet stood out and became and icon and top seller in the middle of packs of talent (including some who sang better like Whitney, Celine, Mariah, Toni Braxton) or had white privilege like Madonna. Bey and rih are "old" as far as industry standards go, not one of these fly by night "the next" chicks has hit, caught on, and stuck around since rihanna in 05 and im supposed to rate them next to GOATs :wtf:

James Dean

All Star
Daps
At the end of the day, it doesn't matter who sings better...y'all trippin on the dance part...none of these chicks have even been able to graze the level of Janet, and the industry/lane is so wide open right now. You got rihanna and beyonce as they said...Janet stood out and became and icon and top seller in the middle of packs of talent (including some who sang better like Whitney, Celine, Mariah, Toni Braxton) or had white privilege like Madonna. Bey and rih are "old" as far as industry standards go, not one of these fly by night "the next" chicks has hit, caught on, and stuck around since rihanna in 05 and im supposed to rate them next to GOATs :wtf:

You be knowing.

The Rhythm Nation, Pleasure Principle dance routines alone son most of the routines these females puttin out these days.