"Tinashe Is As Close to Janet Jackson As We'll Ever Get" -Complex

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That's why it's never a good idea to do a "next version of" or "better version of" article, you inevitably get an established fanbase to turn on the new artist who never made the comparison themself :francis:.

@Premeditated is right though, she's a better singer technically and is better looking (not that 90's Janet wasn't fine).

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
you really think Janet is a better vocalist than Tinashe?

okay fine, I'll give Janet the edge in dancing but singing and attractiveness, Tinashe has her beat, Tinashe didn't need facial surgery.

post a video of Janet singing an accapella as good as this. It's not even close really. Bae sound so angelic.:mjcry: Janet is in the same category as aliyah in terms of vocals.

You don't know shyt about music - Roger Mayweather voice.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
It all boils down to records and she need classic records to even be in the conversation.

As fukk boy LA Reid said "It all starts with the song."

2 On was a record to get on the radio and in the club but it is forgettable. I can't draw up what it sounds like in my mind. I remember the name because a commentator mentioned it. I would love to work with her and create those classic records, though. Her voice is mediocre compared to great singers but great in comparison to current times.

The best singer of recent shocker.... is

TAMAR BRAXTON. I do not like her records but no one out including Beyonce can outsing her.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
It all boils down to records and she need classic records to even be in the conversation.

As fukk boy LA Reid said "It all starts with the song."

2 On was a record to get on the radio and in the club but it is forgettable. I can't draw up what it sounds like in my mind. I remember the name because a commentator mentioned it. I would love to work with her and create those classic records, though. Her voice is mediocre compared to great singers but great in comparison to current times.

The best singer of recent shocker.... is

TAMAR BRAXTON. I do not like her records but no one out including Beyonce can outsing her.

Is that the one that was crying on tv about being called a muppet?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The thing is, she's a better singer and dancer than Janet ever was.

also prettier.
tmjSNZ2.gif

Singer maybe. Dancer? What the fukk...