Those copping a PS5; Digital or Standard?

Which version are you getting?

• Digital

Votes: 45 29.8%
  • Standard

Votes: 106 70.2%

• Total voters

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
Standard. Sony just lost a lawsuit in Australia for digital sales fukkery, so I'm not going to give them the wrong idea. They aren't ready to handle returns yet (clearly), so until they're on par with Steam in that regard, I'll still buy physical games.

Will be grabbing TLOU2 this Friday physical. Ghosts of Tsushima next month on disc, too. :ufdup:

Last edited:

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Same here. I want to the standard so I can get rid of my 4k Blu Ray play. Also I hear the harddrive is only 850 GB, so it's not going to be enough to go all digital w/o needing to eventually upgrade the hd.

You realize it takes up the same amount of space whether it's digital or disc right?

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
Digital. Hopefully they offer a 2tb option if not I'll just buy the bigger drive when avail. I dont need a bluray player.

That SSD combined with all digital games is gonna be magical:wow:

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Hopefully we hear more about which formats the PS5 will support. Some players don't support Dolby Vision, I doubt Sony would be foolish enough to omit this though.
They updated their tvs to support Dolby vision so it would be wild if they didn't come out the gate with that. Alternatively they could maybe update the system to be Dolby vision capable

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Standard plays 4k movies right? Plus its supposed to play ps1/2/3 games so ill go standard.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Standard without question. Discless is the future no doubt, but we aren't at the point where I'd buy a console without one. Especially when it gets 2 or 3 years into the life cycle of the console and you start seeing those Best Buy PS5 game sales that are on disc. Digital only dudes gonna be salty then when the Playstation store still got that same game at full price.
Nah, PSN has some great sales very often. All of the major PS4 games like Spidey, God of War, Horizon and some other big 3rd party games like RE2 you can get for $20 right now.

Unless you day 1 on everything, you can eat good going digital.

Nintendo games are the one that never go on sale.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
You realize it takes up the same amount of space whether it's digital or disc right?
You sure about that? It's been a while since I've looked through my PS4 HD, but I don't remember the disc files on the HD being as big as digital games that were on there.