Things you noticed about your parents as adults

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
One verse doesn’t cancel out the other.
It’s direction for the parents and direction for the children. Nowhere does it imply if X occurs then this verse no longer applies.
And I didn’t try to shut anyone out with religion.
I provided a biblical response and a non-biblical response as well, while also empathizing with his situation.

Then why not post both?

You could have quoted both texts but yet you only chose the one to defend the parents.

Your example of parents not trashing each other in front of others or the child is not the same as parents abusing their children.

You are still looking at this from a POV of "parenting is complicated" not "some people should have never became parents in the first place".

You can do your "best" and still destroy everything you touch.

Nothing complicated about treating human beings (Especially your own children) with basic decency.

Part of me is glad you don't have a frame of reference, you don't want to carry pain that isn't even yours to carry.

We clearly have had very different life experiences so we can agree to disagree.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
:what:

I grew up in Brooklyn and I got my love for baseball by watching it on TV :heh:

You self equated from an exception to the rule.
Which created disconnect.

It is just like i know nikkaz in your gen did not play basketball outside. Even though i grew up watching michael jordan
Yet alternative and opposite to your self equation
Plus your disconnect. I do not assume anyone ever saw basketball. Plus know in general people lack resources to see a sport. You in general could not watch unless you had the LUXURY of having cable to watch. I have and use urban intellect. i know people in general do bot have these services. Plus i know no nikka could safely in general hoop outside. Nor find similar people to hoop with in an urban intellectual space. Let alone a port city or rural environment. You on the other hand watched tv. Then thought and self equated and illustrated extreme disconnect. To assume everyone had a tv. Plus also used that luxury cable tv service. in general to watch baseball. While i from Chicago know baseball is a segregated luxury. That only those in segregated wrigley would get to enjoy. While being from the city with the best ballpark. I know from urban intellect regardless of tv and my surroundings. Not to self equate from tv or my surroundings.

You do not that that is the difference.
That is why i know you suffer from disconnect. Plus lack urban intellectualism.

You have a port city mind and would be classified as a port transfer minded individual.

Who lacks urban intellect.
As someone from a port transfer. Atypically lacks urban intellectualism. As they generally think in fishbowl observation. Plus show disconnect to people.
suffering from Being in the antiquated fishbowl they have observed.

Art Barr

Art Barr

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Then why not post both?

You could have quoted both texts but yet you only chose the one to defend the parents.

Your example of parents not trashing each other in front of others or the child is not the same as parents abusing their children.

You are still looking at this from a POV of "parenting is complicated" not "some people should have never became parents in the first place".

You can do your "best" and still destroy everything you touch.

Nothing complicated about treating human beings (Especially your own children) with basic decency.

Part of me is glad you don't have a frame of reference, you don't want to carry pain that isn't even yours to carry.

We clearly have had very different life experiences so we can agree to disagree.
Who said what my frame of reference was or wasn't?
I didn't make any assumptions about anybody's life.
Airing out family grievances publicly is in poor taste however you slice it.
I'm old enough to not find even the slightest gratification or relief from venting online to strangers.
I see the thread as "get out of my room mom!!!!" energy for real.
I know what it is for life to be tough, I also know what it is to address real life issues directly either by addressing the person face to face, or simply keeping it moving.
What I'm saying as far as the parent issue is, if you weren't fortunate to have a solid relationship with your parents for whatever reason, then it's best to remove yourself from that situation, wish them the best on their own, and move on with your life taking into account what to avoid doing with your own children. I'm not trying to make it an oversimplification, but it doesn't change the truth in the situation. Trust me. I have some incredibly wild stories, but they aren't going to see the light of day on an internet forum.

Koapa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Arlington, Tx.
I love my mom but she does not like confrontation or to feel cornered of any type. Slightly press her about anything and she clams up and try to deflect the conversation. I had to teach myself about finances and learn from others. I don't remember my mom talking to me about sex, finances, or relatively nothing important for a man.

She was a single parent of two and never depended on the govt. She made sure I had everything I wanted. So I forgive her.
:mjcry:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Only thing I notice is that I love them more than I ever did. And now that they're older all I can do is think about how different life will be without them. And how I don't want to be on an earth where they don't exist. :mjcry:

I know a lot of people weren't blessed with good parents. Me and my siblings hit the fukking lottery and I have to do my best to be as good a parent to my kids as they were and still are to me. But it might be impossible to match their effort and love. I am doing my best though.

2-Digit

All Star
Daps
My dad is absolutely horrible with money. I've looked through his bank and credit card statements. I don't understand how you can live by yourself in an apartment, pull in $3400 a month from military retirement and disability, make $3200 a month on a 9 to 5, but owe $24,000 in credit card debt. Blows my fukking mind.

Daps
You are just as weird as he is…

I don’t believe any of you are black men. I’ve never met anyone as weird as y’all in real life. Nobody I know acts like this.

dude called his parents c00ns and then said death to all c00ns (his parents)

thats weird

Or maybe in too deep in this Coli shyt...it's realistic to resent parents for refusing to pass down anything or having a horrible personality that stunted or delayed their childrens' growth, but calling them out for being "c00ns"? :scust: Second time I seen this petty ass claim made on this website too

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
My biological father is a piece of shyt with little to no redeeming qualities. He literally saw me graduating high school and living a decent life, and tried to swoop in and take credit for it, even though he raised me for a cumulative 2 years out of 23⅚. He can kick rocks for now and forever.

My mom is kind to a fault, which has gotten her duped numerous times by people she trusted, and that includes family. I inherited that somewhat, but I'm also extremely quick to let people go because I learned from her "mistakes", and took on the mindset of treating 95% of people as expendable. I still give people things all the time and rarely if ever expect or want a reward (for instance, I've given co-workers 40-inch TVs and consoles just because I would feel bad for taking their money).

There's a lot more in regards to my mom, so I'll state more if asked.

My Stepfather is a really honest guy. I don't really see any faults in him besides him being the quintessential "Billy Badass" that thinks he can kick any man's ass. But when you're 6'3 375, who the fukk is gonna call your bluff:pachaha:?

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
They just dont understand life ends and you were supposed to plan.

They honestly just dont understand that their time is gone. You had it, its gone, be graceful now. Dont be bitter. Everything now is as a result of your prior years. Accept it. Dont fight it. Be at peace with yourself. Let the youth be.

Happens to all of us. I would like to think I will remember my own words when its my turn. Lets see.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
What kind of cac energy is this? :gucci:
We dedicating entire threads to crap on our parents now? :martin:

If you don't listen to me, listen to God

“Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you." Exodus 20:12

then quotes Cac bible ... :wow:

King Poetic

W.A.R.(We Are Relentless)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
I have always said this

As a kid Isiah Thomas of the pistons was my role model.. he handled his own contract and money which I like

but once I started getting older and I noticed my dad who work for Chrysler for 40 years, putting me through college, paying his house and car off and taking care of my mom and when he died he left her with a house, his pension and his social security and me his life insurance and truck, I realized my dad was the greatest men in the world

it was all about family with my dad

for my mom.. even though she’s hard headed, she have always been a great mom and probably the last of her generation to be about taking care of her husband and children

all in all my parents was and are GOATS