Things you noticed about your parents as adults

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
You self equated from an exception to the rule.
Which created disconnect.

It is just like i know nikkaz in your gen did not play basketball outside. Even though i grew up watching michael jordan
Yet alternative and opposite to your self equation
Plus your disconnect. I do not assume anyone ever saw basketball. Plus know in general people lack resources to see a sport. You in general could not watch unless you had the LUXURY of having cable to watch. I have and use urban intellect. i know people in general do bot have these services. Plus i know no nikka could safely in general hoop outside. Nor find similar people to hoop with in an urban intellectual space. Let alone a port city or rural environment. You on the other hand watched tv. Then thought and self equated and illustrated extreme disconnect. To assume everyone had a tv. Plus also used that luxury cable tv service. in general to watch baseball. While i from Chicago know baseball is a segregated luxury. That only those in segregated wrigley would get to enjoy. While being from the city with the best ballpark. I know from urban intellect regardless of tv and my surroundings. Not to self equate from tv or my surroundings.

You do not that that is the difference.
That is why i know you suffer from disconnect. Plus lack urban intellectualism.

You have a port city mind and would be classified as a port transfer minded individual.

Who lacks urban intellect.
As someone from a port transfer. Atypically lacks urban intellectualism. As they generally think in fishbowl observation. Plus show disconnect to people.
suffering from Being in the antiquated fishbowl they have observed.

Art Barr

Art Barr

You Grew Up Watching Michael Jordan, Michael Jordan Grew Up Watching And Playing Baseball

:skip:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
You are just as weird as he is…

I don’t believe any of you are black men. I’ve never met anyone as weird as y’all in real life. Nobody I know acts like this.

dude called his parents c00ns and then said death to all c00ns (his parents)

thats weird

He's clearly not black. Even the black people I know in real life who legit don't like their parents keep it to themselves. Wishing death on your parents is wierdo CAC shyt.

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
I hate how some of you here dismiss other people's life experiences only cause you have a good relationship with yall parents. Not everyone grew up in a household that was "normal". Some people out here have a valid reason to not fukk with their mom/dad.
Hell some of you worshiping your own have a good reason to hate them but are still under that strong spell/hypnosis of treating them like they could never do wrong just cause they put food in your mouth and bought you clothes (shyt they were supposed to do by virtue of giving birth to you).

Talking about "you never disrespect your parents yada yada" :hhh:.

Was she a single mom or there was a dad in the house? I cant imagine shyt like that happening with a man in the household.
Dad was always around but they divorced way early so both were single.

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
When I would sit on the stoop with the homies trying to look cool, my mom would walk by and ice grill me :birdman:in front of them - to embarrass me (and it worked).

I know she was laughing :pachaha: hysterically on the inside.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Caucasians yes.

But saying that ...

"White is a racialized classification of people and a skin color specifier, generally used for people of European origin; although the definition can vary depending on context, nationality, and point of view. In the US, this term has at times been expanded to encompass persons of Mexican,[1] South Asian,[2][3] West Asian, and North African descent, persons who are often considered "non-White" in other contexts in the United States. In the United States, it has also been alleged that Jews, people of Southern European, and even Irish descent have been excluded from this category, although this idea has been contested.[4][5] The usage of "White people" or a "White race" for a large group of mainly or exclusively European populations, defined by their light skin, among other physical characteristics, and contrasting with "black", "red", "brown", "yellow", and other "colored" people or "persons of color", originated in the 17th century. Until the end of the 18th century, Europeans also described peoples of East Asia as "White".[6][7] The term "white" may or may not be capitalized. The National Association of Black Journalists recommended that the "w" in white be capitalized in 2020.[8] The AP Stylebook says that the "w" should not be capitalized.[9]"

White people - Wikipedia

Dude, there weren't even any White Christians until the 4th Century.:stopitslime:

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
Realized that while my mom only rarely said I love you or showed me affection, she showed her love for me in different ways. Two of my fondest memories are her building me bunk beds from scratch. I’m not talking about some IKEA shyt either. She got limber and screws and bolts and built that shyt from the ground up. The other is one day when I was about 5 I “found” some Atari games under a chair (:flabbynsick:) and she said she didn’t know where they came from but since I found them they were mine :russ:

Awww. This is sweet.

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power

You've basically told the story of my life. My mom is literally ( well was) like this. She was very very beautiful. Ex model and beauty queen but looking back now she was clearly a woman who loved male attention. We always stopped seeing our family friends because my mom would get too buddy buddy with their husbands. Looking back now I realise she basked in the attention and 'one uping' the wives despite having her own whole husband :/

This wasn't a one time thing it was recurrent. She's be kiking with the husbands and enjoyed her place as the woman they'd fawn over. She'd tell the husbands what the wives had told her.

What she also taught me? Women like her really struggle when beauty fades. Her whole identity and life was built on how beautiful she was, how it could manipulate people etc etc. And she has not taken the aging process well at all. She has not coped well without people fawning over her. She hasn't coped well without people telling her how pretty she is.

She's my mom and I love her so much. But it is something I now notice now that we are older.

I wonder how my dad felt. As he lost many of his friends which we'd made as family friends when the wives clearly told them to cut us off.

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
As an adult? I notice how much my mother was mentally abused tbh. Her mother an father cut her off from all her dreams an told her she'd not be shyt. She tried to break that curse THREE times. Told my bro an sis that shyt. Brother wanted to play the streets and is only NOW getting his life together at 40, and my sis is nearly 40 herself but still loves at home, bad job, no husband or kids.

It's only really me that broke that shyt, and I had to walk in on my mothers suicide attempt, grew up with no family, was a huge black sheep. It's only really now in the last few years I understand how she mentally destroyed by everyone close to her (even her siblings). and tried to desperately avoid that shyt for me.

She succeeded, by the way. But I've seen what it cna do when those close to you not only don't support you, but actively SHUT you down. Both parents did the best with what they could, and I'm legit shocked they still smile.

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
Both my parents didn't graduate high school .. pops killed his step dad @13 was locked up till 21.. painted houses in watts for 20+yrs

They live in a multimillion $, home in palm springs CA

How ? . I'm still n the dark
Wait, no disrespect, but how and why’d he kill him?