Things you noticed about your parents as adults

MoveForward

Veteran
Daps
My dad is too damned helpful and nice. I didn’t notice it when I was younger but when I became an adult, I realized his family calls him every single time something goes wrong. I’ve tried to tell him to start saying no since I’ve been an adult but he can’t do it. My aunt invited him over for dinner a few weeks back and he left $500 lighter, he said, That’s the most expensive chicken I’ve ever eaten.”

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Someone dapped my comment so I found this tread again. Since writing that comment I now have a 2 year old son. All I’m trying to do is let his childhood be better than mines. Not the “you get to drive but in my day I had to walk” type of shyt. Throwing it in your face that you have it better.

It’s tough brehs because it makes you look at yourself. The power over another person’s life is not for everyone. Having children is a gift. The thought of raising my child and they not talking to me when they become a fully grown adult makes my stomach churn. I have to be better than the generation before me
You will be.

You have the intelligence to recognize what went wrong for your parents and the power to make sure that you do better than them.

A lot of people are fukked up and don't even know how fukked up they are.

Those are the people who fukk their kids up.