Things you noticed about your parents as adults

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Something I noticed as I got older. My mom was super religious to the point it stifled her progress. She could have been VP of a large financial institution decades ago but she passed cause she didn’t want too many obligations to pull her away from worship.

My dad was piss poor with money and networking. He got a bad reputation for being hard headed and difficult to work with in his industry and it cost him millions. I’m proud he stood on his principles but his ego was so bad it got in his own way. Now that he’s older he’s still working while a lot of his peers are comfortably retired.

They had a Jewish realtor in the 70’s tell them to buy real estate and apartments in queens and BKN and they told her nah and balled out instead. My pops bought a sports car and minks and front row seats to the Mets, took mom to japan for a month. Smh :mjlol:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
if they are baby boomers.
they are deflection artist.
whom suffer from extreme urban Intellectual disconnect.
plus have no wherewithal.
about how to manage or save money.
plus have no idea how to generate a profit.
on top of horrible management during physiological crisis.
Plus will not work to educate themselves on that crisis.
including financial freedom from said crisis
even if it requires invasive brain surgery.
they will still never accept Accountability.
to distinctly ramp up and come of age and to grips with overcoming said crisis.
even if a child's health or well being is involved in those decisions.

including never being integral to their child's development.
or well being as everything is for a surrogate to do.
will only clean once a surrogate.
has done the work andd duke igthorn the situation leaving their surrogate out to dry with the child lost in the fray. From their failure to accept accountability.
Along with deflection to never create a forum to fix it.

Since children previously had no rights.
They still act as though children are to be seen and not heard..
Plus,..in the same regard that civil rights are passed. Since they never really marched for civil rights. They will flaug as though they did.
to generations after their own. Like they did. When all you have to do is see they graduated high school in 1968.

So they were never on the frontlines. Nor did they educate themselves on civil rights. While yielding every program beneficial from civil rights.
Ask them who a Phillip randolph is and they will not know.

Hence them being the generation sucked into the vaccum of project mentality and preyed upon.
via mademoiselle matriarch social dysfunctioning lifestyles.
or welfare queen eic succubus lifestyles. The government deflects onto other.
gens who are not responsible for.

They are the flaug'n generation and coddled from government programs they never earned. Yet fully benefitted from. Plus lord forbid they suffer from middle child syndrome.
to battered wives syndrome and ailments of dysfunction in their upbringing and rearing.
As they have and will never educate themselves in these issues in their background. To gain a healthy social perspective to exact consistent change.
Do not fall for this headfake. Lord forbid you get stuck in any crisis with them. As they are not the gen who fought for civil rights. So conflict resolution is null and void.

art barr

Last edited:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
My parents shouldn't have had kids. They both ran from their home life and attempted to correct it through children. All they did was pause the inevitable of becoming their parents.

They never showed affection nor stability. Terrible people to look up to concerning emotions and responsibility. Had to grow up super fast, by the time I was 5 I knew what the game was.

I'm probably not going to have kids despite the many times my girlfriend tries to convince me.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
My mom sacrificed her love life raising us. I sometimes feel bad about it but she didn't want to raise us with any random males around us and relationships are uncertain. Plus she knew dating as a single mom would be tough anyway. I really for sorry for her but that amount of sacrifice and love is why I always make sure I take care of my mom.

She also in the same breathe told me not to date a single mom lol.

Last edited:

HE_Pennypacker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
This is always a really touchy subject amongst our people. If you say something objective about your parents there’s always a chorus accusing you of being disrespectful, or that you should be grateful they didn’t abuse you. It is the bare minimum for your parents to provide a loving and safe environment for you, this isn’t to be applauded :dahell: I understand circumstances may mean this isn’t the case and it’s not always in their control, but I’m not talking about that. There are a lot of parents who were raised by dysfunctional people and do the same to their kids. I love my mother and would do anything for her, but I won’t pretend like she didn’t make mistakes. What I won’t do is hold her mistakes over her head now that I’m older. Mistakes, missteps and the like can be acknowledged and you might think “damn I don’t think I’ll do that with my kids because I didn’t like it”.

it’s okay to look at your childhood and think about it critically; this is how you try not to pass on bad habits or traits you grew up with. Everyone has their flaws, and thinking about where they might come from is the first step in trying to do better.

The fukked up part is that this hyper defensiveness allows parents who fukked their kids’ lives up to escape being held to account.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
What's weird about this? I'm an ADOS millennial and watch baseball. Baseball use to be popular in Black Community, the literal GOAT of the sport, Barry Bonds is Black :mjlol:

You have severe urban intellectual disconnect.

As crack riddled this nation. To destroy any open air market possibility.
of a collection of eighteen nikkaz in an urban landscape.
to generally meet and play an organized game of baseball.
You sound like a transplant.
Or someone from the burbs.
Or someone who had parents affluent enough..to enter you into programs.
that rewarded you in an exception to the general rule.
to experience the game of baseball.
As no one in the general rule.
In an urban landscape born post oil crisis to crack.
Had the oppurtunity. Let alone luxury.
to ever engage in general in the game of baseball.
Plus you suffer from disconnect. If you think and self equate your position or experience as the general rule. When it is not. Plus a chief indicator you suffered.
Plus continually suffered from a severe lack of urban intellectualism. Exhibited by disconnect to the general idea of urban intellectualism.

Art Barr

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
You have severe urban intellectual disconnect.

As crack riddled this nation. To destroy any open air market possibility.
of a collection of eighteen nikkaz in an urban landscape.
to generally meet and play an organized game of baseball.
You sound like a transplant.
Or someone from the burbs.
Or someone who had parents affluent enough..to enter you into programs.
that rewarded you in an exception to the general rule.
to experience the game of baseball.
As no one in the general rule.
In an urban landscape born post oil crisis to crack.
Had the oppurtunity. Let alone luxury.
to ever engage in general in the game of baseball.
Plus you suffer from disconnect. If you think and self equate your position or experience as the general rule. When it is not. Plus a chief indicator you suffered.
Plus continually suffered from a severe lack of urban intellectualism. Exhibited by disconnect to the general idea of urban intellectualism.

Art Barr
:what:

I grew up in Brooklyn and I got my love for baseball by watching it on TV :heh:

Daps
Reppin
Twin Cities
That they are human beings.

Parenting is extremely hard.

They are a product of their times and did their best.

Grace is a real thing, forgiveness is a continuous choice.

You can't hate the roots of the tree, without hating tree.

When they are gone, you will miss them and the bullshyt that was left unsettled and the grudges that were held, ultimately, mean nothing in the bigger scheme of things.

This post had me log in just to dap and rep.

Different level post right here.

I'd just like to add that ultimately we should have that level of compassion and understanding for all people at all times or for as long as we can maintain that understanding, because it can be fleeting especially when emotions are involved.

Peace.