Things you noticed about your parents as adults

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps
Nah I know exactly how you feel, my grand pops was a rolling stone who had outside kids also and when my grandmother would confront him about fukking with these other women he use to get the shotgun out at her and make her run out the house at night shooting at her. From my understanding he loved my mother and her 5 other siblings that were from my grandmother and never abused them, but shooting at their mother while they watched is mentally abusing enough. Since I'm one of the youngest grandkids I only know my grandfather as a old fun loving man that can barely walk, but to everyone else he was a hell riser. I asked the same thing you asked and people really told me that's just how it was back in the day. My uncle even beat his ass when he came of age for treating my grandmother that way.

I'm really sorry breh. Bless you man for speaking.

Daps
:hhh:

images

"Honor your Father and your Mother"

:francis:
I meant other older c00ns who have legit power in the world

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
spot reserved…I know what I wanna say just a matter of if I wanna say it lmao

one thing I will say is they are amazingly “ignorant”…not in the sense that I think they’re stupid…but there is absolutely no attempt to understand anything outside of what they know, are comfortable with, or used to…if they don’t understand something, then it’s easily dismissed…they will even go so far as to paint it “wrong”…and it’s not due to old age…that’s how they always were but I looked at it as them “knowing better” bcuz I was younger…as an adult it’s clear it’s a defensive mechanism…I see a lot of ppl use it…shyt many folks on here behave that way rather than admit they don’t know/understand something
:mjlol: I could not have worded this better. I stopped letting it get to me though.

they really did do their best. I respect them more as an adult myself. Parenting is hard as fukk.
For all the faults my parents have, I would never insult/disrespect them. The fact that I’m alive, can fend for myself and not a piece of shyt, is a testament to their parenthood.
That's where I'm at with it. I've actually softened my view since getting older and becoming a parent myself. They tried. Didn't always get it right but they tried and I suppose I came out alright.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Evertime i visit home I notice my mother has her entire fridge and deep freezer stocked to the point shyt fallin out when id open it

I told her she dont need all that food and she lived by herself but one night i thought about when she use to tell me when her and her siblings were children they didnt have food and the kitchen was bare.

That shyt cut too deep once i realized why she did that and developed that mentality.:mjcry:

Yeah a lot of our parents weird idiosyncrasies are just things they developed to deal with trauma, disappoint and so on from youth. It'll come out more the older they get too...and you'll be doing similar shyt with your blindspots too. I have an aunt who does something similar. Grew up with like 8 brothers and sisters, food is her "thing." She small, dont eat much but she still gotta have a fridge and freezer full stocked or she feels like something is wrong.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
I respect the hell out of both of them. Left their homes in NC, and raised three children in MS. Had our ups and downs, but they lead us right. Kept us safe, and provided us with all our needs while supplying us with many wants as well

Raised in a city that was overwhelmingly white, but they still kept us pro black.

HDiron

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Now that I’m older and a first time dad, a lot of the stuff my mom told me is now making sense

sayyestothis

Free the guys
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD "The Greatest City In America"
What kind of cac energy is this? :gucci:
We dedicating entire threads to crap on our parents now? :martin:
If you don't listen to me, listen to God
“Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you." Exodus 20:12[/QUGod.

We off that old testament and their rules breh...
Parent worshiping is disgusting especially when they force it on u like it's a requirement in life. Like they did u a favor lol

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
they really did do their best. I respect them more as an adult myself. Parenting is hard as fukk.
I gained a whole new level of respect for my folks after I became a parent. Especially my dad because he commuted to another city for work and was stuck on nights for years which meant he missed out on a lot over the years. He beat himself up for it, but I told him that he provided for us and while we weren't rich, we definitely didn't do without growing up.