Things you noticed about your parents as adults

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps
Weird ass nikka…

sometimes I wonder what y’all are like IRL. I hope it’s not like this

Is it possible he was raised by parents who really held painful, confusing and disturbing views of other young black men?

Is it possible that did indeed anger and psychologically drain him as a child?

I think he's very brave for openly speaking about his family and his pain. It shows a level of intellect and maturity some people don't have or are too uncomfortable to confront.

Don't insult the breh.

prime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The heights
It's because he genuinely feels frightened of ever being wrong. Things happened to him and whatever environment he grew up in, it was not an environment where you can make a mistake or get something wrong and still be treated with love and care. It was an environment where making a mistake or getting something wrong was unsafe.

Yall should try therapy together and explore the history and the science behind his behavior. He will benefit.
Yeah that was one of the reasons but it’s so much more like my granny (RIP) was a colorist who treated her light skin kids better than her dark skin kids my dad was the youngest but my uncle was lighter than him so he got treated better I always thought my uncle was the youngest till my mom told me my dad was the baby of the family and my granny messed with a married man so my dad siblings on his dad side would talk some evil azz shyt to him and he was only 5 years old :francis: and that’s the lightweight shyt he went thru :francis:I legit feel bad for him now that’s why my mom would tell me just be quiet and say ok when we would have debates about something I would never take it to heart but he would legit get upset and angry

The Radiant One

Superstar
Daps
Mine are professional c00ns who talk down to "ghetto black people" (not just thugs) and bond about it behind closed doors but would run if they were confronted about it. They live an isolated c00n existence and will die that way

Death to all older c00ns seriously

shyt is said

Have ungrateful ass children that cost you several hundreds of thousands of dollars

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Disrespecting your parents in public is some cac shyt I bet ya'll still bump 2020 eminem records.

I will say this…from my teaching experience one thing I observed is in the schools I worked at where many kids had unquestionably shytty ass parents who didn’t provide for them in the most BASIC sense (no food, dirty clothing, barely any shelter), these kids (mostly black) NEVER had anything negative to say about their parents…conversely in other schools that I worked at, some of these kids (mostly white) couldn’t wait to talk down on their parents to me (a relative stranger) even tho from the outside looking in their parents didn’t seem that bad…idk if that’s good or bad per se but it was an interesting thing to observe

Estarossa

Rosé Gold
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
My parents were FAR from perfect. My dad was an uptight a$$hole but looking back at things it was because my mom was a terrible wife. (My mom’s sister flat out told me this.) She was an excellent mother but as soon as they got divorced he was all of a sudden laid back as shyt. Mom’s was intolerable during the divorce and basically showed her true colors. Shout out to them for staying together until I was an adult tho. Would not be where I am without them both in my life. :salute:

Neither one of them had a great example from their parents. Both of my grandfathers (don’t know them nikkas) were pieces of shyt who did foul shyt. My grandmother on my mom’s side was apparently a real piece of work but I won’t get into it. My mom was still dealing with childhood shyt well into her 50’s.

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah that was one of the reasons but it’s so much more like my granny (RIP) was a colorist who treated her light skin kids better than her dark skin kids my dad was the youngest but my uncle was lighter than him so he got treated better I always thought my uncle was the youngest till my mom told me my dad was the baby of the family and my granny messed with a married man so my dad siblings on his dad side would talk some evil azz shyt to him and he was only 5 years old :francis: and that’s the lightweight shyt he went thru :francis:I legit feel bad for him now that’s why my mom would tell me just be quiet and say ok when we would have debates about something I would never take it to heart but he would legit get upset and angry

ya stuff like this is frustrating bcuz I have to be more understanding/empathetic to their needs as adults than they were to our needs growing up…but it is what it is…that shyt is true tho folks be saying about as you get older, it’s like you become the parent and the parents become the “child”

Mike18jj

Veteran
Daps
yep…I’m gonna fall back cuz I don’t want to say too much granted I think I mentioned this on here but my grandfather (only met him 3x) finally did settle down and had a beautiful family but not before leaving/abandoning children around the world some of whom he’s never met but were tracked down by his other kids…and when I try to talk about it, it’s dismissed as “oh that was normal” at the time which I reject…it happens a lot unfortunately but not to the point of normalizing it smh
Nah I know exactly how you feel, my grand pops was a rolling stone who had outside kids also and when my grandmother would confront him about fukking with these other women he use to get the shotgun out at her and make her run out the house at night shooting at her. From my understanding he loved my mother and her 5 other siblings that were from my grandmother and never abused them, but shooting at their mother while they watched is mentally abusing enough. Since I'm one of the youngest grandkids I only know my grandfather as a old fun loving man that can barely walk, but to everyone else he was a hell riser. I asked the same thing you asked and people really told me that's just how it was back in the day. My uncle even beat his ass when he came of age for treating my grandmother that way.

Bushmaster69

Superstar
Daps
Mine are professional c00ns who talk down to "ghetto black people" (not just thugs) and bond about it behind closed doors but would run if they were confronted about it. They live an isolated c00n existence and will die that way

Death to all older c00ns seriously

shyt is said

:hhh:

images

"Honor your Father and your Mother"

:francis:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is it possible he was raised by parents who really held painful, confusing and disturbing views of other young black men?

Is it possible that did indeed anger and psychologically drain him as a child?

I think he's very brave for openly speaking about his family and his pain. It shows a level of intellect and maturity some people don't have or are too uncomfortable to confront.

Don't insult the breh.
You are just as weird as he is…

I don’t believe any of you are black men. I’ve never met anyone as weird as y’all in real life. Nobody I know acts like this.

dude called his parents c00ns and then said death to all c00ns (his parents)

thats weird