Things you noticed about your parents as adults

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps
My mom takes the woman side in any argument or situation even when their clearly wrong. My mom and Pops been married for 30 years sometimes I wonder why my dad put up with it I can't lie.

Your mother's had past experiences that makes seeing a man win over a woman in any situation feel deeply frightening to her. Talk to her about it and she will change.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Mine are professional c00ns who talk down to "ghetto black people" (not just thugs) and bond about it behind closed doors but would run if they were confronted about it. They live an isolated c00n existence and will die that way

Death to all older c00ns seriously

shyt is said
Breh what the hell?! :mjtf:

Mike18jj

Veteran
Daps
Your mother's had past experiences that makes seeing a man win over a woman in any situation feel deeply frightening to her. Talk to her about it and she will change.
I love my Grandfather, but he didn't treat my grandmother right at all this is probably a big reason why my mother feels this way to be honest.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mine are professional c00ns who talk down to "ghetto black people" (not just thugs) and bond about it behind closed doors but would run if they were confronted about it. They live an isolated c00n existence and will die that way

Death to all older c00ns seriously

shyt is said
Weird ass nikka…

sometimes I wonder what y’all are like IRL. I hope it’s not like this

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
My parents are polar opposites

My mother was raised in a middle class two parent house hold with government jobs and 7 children.

My dad was an orphan raised by his 11 elder siblings who were all hustlers.

My dad is 99.99 % Business, Logic and Principles
My mum is 95 % Emotions. "The Children , won't somebody please think of the children" that Simpsons lady is based off of her.

SuperNintendo Chalmers

Send it to the friggin moon idiot
Daps
Reppin
My goddamn self. Shout out to my real Africans
That they are human beings.

Parenting is extremely hard.

They are a product of their times and did their best.

Grace is a real thing, forgiveness is a continuous choice.

You can't hate the roots of the tree, without hating the tree.

When they are gone, you will miss them and the bullshyt that was left unsettled and the grudges that were held, ultimately, mean nothing in the bigger scheme of things.

Last edited:

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps
I won’t say whether or not this necessarily applies to him bcuz I don’t know him or his relationship with HIS parent(s) but it absolutely does apply to a lot of ppl…and I saw this mentality instilled in young folks I taught whose mothers and/or fathers definitively weren’t shyt

Believe it.

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps
I sense a lot of projection from this post. Sorry you didn’t have the same stable household I did. See how easy it is to make assumptions about someone you don’t know?

On the one hand, you say those who become successful in spite of their dysfunctional homes, did it due to self determination. Ergo, according to your logic, parenting is ineffective because a child’s fate is predetermined?

Make it make sense.

I am the person I am today because of the principles and hard work ethic my parents instilled in me. My parents have never had to pat themselves on the back for their parenting, I’ll happily pat it for them. They gave me the tools and I built from that.

I will always be indebted to my parents because I see so many shytty ones. I won the lottery having my mom and dad and I’ll never be ashamed to say it, despite what self esteem issues you assume I have.

You got it breh.

Living Bait

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Cardiff
I see that as time has gone by my mother and father want different things. . . I dont think they like each other that much anymore . . .

They stick to their wedding vows though. .

Seems nowadays people just feel entitled to betterment when they get a bit fed up with their life . . .

Often to the detriment of the childen

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I love my Grandfather, but he didn't treat my grandmother right at all this is probably a big reason why my mother feels this way to be honest.

yep…I’m gonna fall back cuz I don’t want to say too much granted I think I mentioned this on here but my grandfather (only met him 3x) finally did settle down and had a beautiful family but not before leaving/abandoning children around the world some of whom he’s never met but were tracked down by his other kids…and when I try to talk about it, it’s dismissed as “oh that was normal” at the time which I reject…it happens a lot unfortunately but not to the point of normalizing it smh