They're Saying California Has Spent 17 Billions In 4 Years To Fight Homelessness, But It's Gotten Worse

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That's enough to build massive projects for them..but then again that eventually brings its own issues.

Most of those homeless are US citizens..California needs to deport the homeless US citizens there back to the states they came from, same as abbot and desantos have been flying migrants out their states to other states..
I like the Singapore approach to this. They gave preference to the poor and downtrodden in their country's public housing, but they also opened the program up to everybody. This allowed them to dilute the issues that arise when you gather poor people in one place.

The proceeding mixed population within the public housing system had ensured that no ghettos formed in Singapore's public housing system.

And there was no stigma to normal people living in them either because the most valuable parts of Singapore had these housing projects. So everybody from business men to hipsters to formerly homeless reside in the same building right across from the city's best amenities.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I like the Singapore approach to this. They gave preference to the poor and downtrodden in their country's public housing, but they also opened the program up to everybody. This allowed them to dilute the issues that arise when you gather poor people in one place.

The proceeding mixed population within the public housing system had ensured that no ghettos formed in Singapore's public housing system.

And there was no stigma to normal people living in them either because the most valuable parts of Singapore had these housing projects. So everybody from business men to hipsters to formerly homeless reside in the same building right across from the city's best amenities.

Mr brother went for an aviation course in Singapore in the early 90s..said it was the cleanest place he'd ever seen in his whole life of travel.

Unfortunately fascist gated community America is determined to keep a barrier or buffer between the wealth and racial classes. Singapore can do that because they all practically one ethnic group so get along better.

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
Square biz. My wife got let go from one because she expose the fact that they were more about currency, than the actual autistic children. Thankfully, she got another gig but you got to avoid non profits like COVID. It's just a loophole to fukk over folks into believing they care, but will low ball employees, do dikk about the issues at hand, and pocket the rest of the money for a greater cost of getting a better car.

A few years ago my mom was fired from her non-profit (where she was a senior level exec) because she exposed the fact that the organization was shuffling kids around and reenrolling them as if they were new clients after X number of months in order to continue to get government funding. They did this because the gov't contracts they had essentially said "Listen, we're not paying for years and years of intensive therapy so if kids aren't graduating or improving after a certain period of time they need to be transferred elsewhere because whatever you're doing isn't working". Mind you these were traumatized kids who'd survived bad car accidents, lost siblings, witnessed extreme DV, etc. Yet they were doing fukk all to help them. Their sole focus was $$$.

It was so egregious that she wound up getting a healthy six figure settlement because they violated the retaliation clause of the Whistleblower Act.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
In Fresno they took a bunch of low budget motels(prostitute area) and have turned them into homeless housing but they have to check in everytime before they go in to the premises. They've managed to clean up some areas. Especially the area where High Speed rail will have its station. Only problem is they put the station right next to the soup kitchen so it'll be hard to get rid of a lot of the homeless around it.

Newsom recently gave us a big check to renovate the area around the high speed rail station.
Even this is easy to solve. Like I mentioned above, the issue is the dense concentration of homeless people. So it's counterintuitive to have a soup kitchen at all.

And by that, I mean that you already gave them housing and govt knows exactly where each one lives. Why not be proactive and just deliver the food to their doors?

Instant problem solved. Blight immediately disappears due to proper city planning.

Mr brother went for an aviation course in Singapore in the early 90s..said it was the cleanest place he'd ever seen in his whole life of travel.

Unfortunately fascist gated community America is determined to keep a barrier or buffer between the wealth and racial classes. Singapore can do that because they all practically one ethnic group so get along better.

I've heard similar things about them being clean also. Nice society they have :ehh:

But let me add also, that they actually have one of the most diverse countries in Asia. In fact, their first dictator actually insisted on inclusive housing specifically to prevent favoritism or unequal opportunity between ethnicities. Lee Kwan was scared to death of race riots and civil unrest.

Singapore owes the diversity I'm describing to it's colonial past, the same way Jamaica does. Brits brought indians for labor and even as convicts. So you have lots of dark skinned Tamils mingling . Brits also imported Chinese (both Cantonese and han varieties) . Much like in America, these Chinese became the business class because they were specifically imported to do professional work. Beyond Chinese and indians, you have the native Malay people who don't resemble the first two groups at all and even speak different languages. And finally the most recent addition is Indonesians and other poor SEAs.

And as a loosely related note, this diversity is why they speak suck impeccable English . It was the lingua franca. But in addition to English the 3 languages of their other ethnic groups are also official in classwork and govt documents. (Tamil, Malay, and mandarin)

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

:dahell:

Singapore's population is mixed between Chinese (east asian), Indians (south asian), and Malays (southeast asian). They do their best to minimize ethnic differences and reduce tension, but literally no one there would ever tell you those are the same ethnic group.

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
Meanwhile in Phoenix

They were supposed to designate a new area for the unhoused to set up their tents,but keep juelzing and pushing the date back

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Using median for middle class is fukking retarded and you know that because the top 10% and the bottom 20% skew the numbers.

You're so fukking dumb, median is ONLY the people in the exact middle, it isn't impacted by the top or the bottom at all. That is WHY you use median, dumbass.

Also taxes dont stop at income tax.

Of course not, which is why that analysis is TOTAL TAX BURDEN, not just income tax. You didn't read it at all, did you?

Also as far as income tax goes, its still #1. No clue what the fukk you are looking at.

Which state has the highest taxes in the US?

The top 10 highest income tax states (or legal jurisdictions) for 2021 are:
  • California 13.3%
  • Hawaii 11%
  • New Jersey 10.75%
  • Oregon 9.9%
  • Minnesota 9.85%
  • District of Columbia 8.95%
  • New York 8.82%
  • Vermont 8.75%
Source: States with the Lowest Taxes and the Highest Taxes - TurboTax Tax Tips & Videos

But I guess you know more about taxes than turbotax?

That California 13.3% is solely the tax rate for people who make over $1 million a year. :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol:

You really a stupid bytch with democrat dikk so far down your throat you are literally arguing false points to show California of all states doesnt have bad taxes.

You want to use median taxed income because it favors your argument because some families in bum fukk Death Valley or Bakersfield making $15k a year lower the # significantly. But youre ignoring the bulk of California live in the bay area and la county, and those are the people getting taxed heavy. bytch mafukka :pacspit:

fukk you man forreal you really the worst of the worst on this forum

Breh, go find someone who graduated high school and ask them what the "median" is. :laff:

The low taxes on poor families have NO impact on the median. The median is the person who is in the exact middle, with half the population making more than them and half the population making less than them. That study solely looked at the middle person, it didn't look at the richest or poorest people.

You're really intent on proving on uninformed you are. :snoop:

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The 5th largest economy in the world that is also fully backed by the United States government is going to go broke?

giphy.gif

Same @itsyoung!! fool was arguing this shyt years ago and then the next year California was sending taxpayers checks because their budget surplus was so high. :pachaha:

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
17 billion could have built thousands of homes. The state is not addressing homelessness. They are helping people get by. That’s the problem.

How many homes can be built for $300,000 before the 17 billion runs out.

The cold part about it is, there are currently 16-17 MILLION homes sitting vacant in this county. In reality we don't even need more housing to be BUILT since last I checked that averaged out to be about 22 houses per homeless person. Are they all in the best areas? No. Do many need work? Absolutely. But if states are going to spend BILLIONS of dollars "trying" to tackle homelessness and failing, surely that money would be better spent buying and renovating properties.

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
It's worse....you're literally stepping over Human Feces everywhere. My daughter attends a school over in East village, which is being heavily "Gentrified" and I'm all for it.
I was @ the hos0ital @ un8versity califonia san fransisco UCSF ..

Beautiful area .. top 3 medical school in the united states ..

I do not live in san fran.. was downtown after being released from hospital. Saw sum. Not many tho..

sayyestothis

Free the guys
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD "The Greatest City In America"
It was just mind-blowing that I said, "California is better at the median" with a link to prove it right there, and they both replied, "BUT WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE IN THE MIDDLE?"

They are both too rock-headed to admit they were wrong, especially on a right-wing take, but at least they had the good sense this time to shut their asses up the moment their idiocy got fully exposed.
My in laws live in Cali. He is middle class. He is paying upto 9% on some of his income.

That is extremely high state taxes...