They're Saying California Has Spent 17 Billions In 4 Years To Fight Homelessness, But It's Gotten Worse

Daps
Your concept is off except for one part being governments shouldn't be in business of making money. It does disburse a lot of money via programs that people turn into businesses and that includes in the name of non-profits.
Yes dumbass were the ones who fund that, so if we need the money to why the fukk shouldn’t be available to us?:heh:

Daps
17 billion dollars spent to fix the homelessness situation in California. Yet:
  • It has gotten worse.
  • No new housing has been built. Yet, when proposals are made for new affordable housing, the typical lefty upper-middle to upper class, status quo dikk-riding Californian says, "Not in my backyard!" All while lamenting about the problems while sipping their champagne in their luxurious homes and attending 'charity' balls to raise awareness.

Face it, the Cali government couldn't run water in a bath.
No wonder people moving out of California.

TheMailMan

All Star
Daps
They do everything but give them permanent housing
My older brother is a junkie and homeless. Hed rather just pan handle and make money and live under a bridge or in an abandoned building then work and be responsible. Permanent housing isn't the issue. These people just wanna score And thats it.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The median is the person who is in the exact middle, with half the population making more than them and half the population making less than them. That study solely looked at the middle person, it didn't look at the richest or poorest people.

This doesnt apply to income taxes you stupid bytch

:dahell:

"Median" has a strict mathematical definition, it always means the same thing no matter what you apply it to.

You keep digging your hole deeper and deeper. Since you obviously can't read, I'm gonna explain this shyt in really short words.

1) They got the man who would be right in the middle in each state. The one with half the folk making more, and half the folk making less.

2) They figured what THAT MAN would pay for his full tax burden.

3) They compared that to the same median man in every state.

Literally everything you've said in this conversation is wrong. Like every fukking thing. And when I come with obvious receipts PROVING that you're wrong, you just come up with more wrong shyt off the top of your head.

Why do you think you'll ever get smarter, if you never try to learn anything?

Last edited:

Genos

Superstar
Daps
They dont want to be housed.

My older brother is a junkie and homeless. Hed rather just pan handle and make money and live under a bridge or in an abandoned building then work and be responsible. Permanent housing isn't the issue. These people just wanna score And thats it.

If there was an option to choose between FREE permanent housing or living on the streets, which do you think they will choose?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

How did the US government reduce veteran homelessness by 50% in just six years, if the homeless didn't want to be housed?

How did Finland reduce their entire homeless population by 80% in 20 years, if the homeless don't want to be housed?

No one has a perfect view of what another person really wants or is capable of. But sure, maybe there's a small subset of people who will always be homeless. That's clearly not everyone, and the USA clearly has far too many homeless people for a nation of its wealth. Earlier I linked articles that listed 5 different examples of countries that had reduced homelessness to levels well below the USA, and explained some of the ways they did it. Why not trust that something will work here too if we actually try?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
My in laws live in Cali. He is middle class. He is paying upto 9% on some of his income.

That is extremely high state taxes...

Saying "he is paying up to 9% on some of his taxes" is meaningless, since he's only paying that on part of his income. All it tells you is that his overall tax rate is somewhere between 0% and 9%.

People's actual tax burden is determined by calculating their total tax payment, and dividing that into their total income. Quoting the highest rate is pure clickbait because every state has different deductions and different tax brackets.

For example, California has a 13.3% top income tax rate, while Idaho has a 5.8% top income tax rate. The person barely looking will say, "California's taxes are way higher!" But that Idaho rate is a flat rate (after deductions), while California has a graduated rate, so the difference is way smaller.

$80,000 income in Idaho (single, standard deduction) - you'll pay $3,000 in taxes (effective tax rate 3.8%)
$80,000 income in California (single, standard deduction) - you'll pay $3,700 in taxes (effective tax rate 4.6%)

So that $80,000 earner in California says, "I'm paying 9% on part of my income, that's crazy high!" But in reality, their effective rate is just 4.6%, barely more than Idaho which is one of the lowest-tax states in the country. You have to look at the bigger picture, not just quote the top rate.

Pedro Negro

Reefer & Sneakers
Daps
Reppin
New York fukkin' City
When I lived out there the bums were down by where Petco Park is at and obviously they were moved out but last time I was in town those people were everywhere

I’m moving to San Diego next summer and curious just how bad is the homeless situation across the city?

I’ve seen large encampments in Oceanside, Downtown and the Mission Hills/Hillcrest area but trying to gauge just how widespread it is.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's always annoying as hell to see OP post an informative, nuanced article, and then posters with zero experience or study of the issue respond with their preset biases as if they didn't read shyt.

Would I go to you to get my medical issues diagnosed? Would I go to you to run my military campaign? Would I go to you to design my particle accelerator?

Then why should anyone expect an inexperienced, uneducated person like you know jack shyt useful about a complex issue like homelessness? More important, why do you think you know the answers when you've never gotten educated on the subject beyond reading what other like-minded ignorant people had to say?

Facts, it's a bunch of Ana Kasparians in here :mjpls:

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I went back home to the bay a few weeks ago and the place looks like a third world country. Old restaurants turned into dispensaries. It’s fukkin sad

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
If there was an option to choose between FREE permanent housing or living on the streets, which do you think they will choose?
shyt nikka I want free permanent housing too :mjlit: