They're Saying California Has Spent 17 Billions In 4 Years To Fight Homelessness, But It's Gotten Worse

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Can't help but laugh at least once or three times a day, to see people in one of the most expensive areas of the city and the state,

shooting up fent, roasting a meth pipe, or smoking fent out of foil, in open view.

Don't blame anyone, everyone has to get their money, but it's a darkly hilarious contrast to the yuppie prosperity all around.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m moving to San Diego next summer and curious just how bad is the homeless situation across the city?

I’ve seen large encampments in Oceanside, Downtown and the Mission Hills/Hillcrest area but trying to gauge just how widespread it is.
I lived in South Bay so that’s Chula Vista/ Eastlake area and from what I can tell from visiting they don’t really seem to be around there besides Westfield Mall

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
it's WILD in downtown San Diego

my above post is about downtown SD/East Village, the whole area, that's where I live.

I feel like a p*ssy not walking through the encampments, which block the street, but the meth smoke, the smell, the sheer physical violence factor, I will cross into the street sometimes.

You see guys that are obviously straight out of the pen, all jacked, gang tats, smoking a meth pipe, like that could go wrong for me, in an instant lol

they nod at me and give me my respect but still that's borderline asking to get snuck to me lol

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
I’m moving to San Diego next summer and curious just how bad is the homeless situation across the city?

I’ve seen large encampments in Oceanside, Downtown and the Mission Hills/Hillcrest area but trying to gauge just how widespread it is.

Better then LA still, you can avoid it in areas. Now if you wanna be in Downtown/Gaslamp/East Village you'll run across it. If your aren't thinking downtown area, North Country has plenty of areas where it's not much of a problem

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
it's WILD in downtown San Diego

my above post is about downtown SD/East Village, the whole area, that's where I live.

I feel like a p*ssy not walking through the encampments, which block the street, but the meth smoke, the smell, the sheer physical violence factor, I will cross into the street sometimes.

You see guys that are obviously straight out of the pen, all jacked, gang tats, smoking a meth pipe, like that could go wrong for me, in an instant lol

they nod at me and give me my respect but still that's borderline asking to get snuck to me lol

You got family or just solo out there? SD is on my list of possible moves, I'm single so I can deal with homeless but if I'm starting a family probably couldn't

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
You got family or just solo out there? SD is on my list of possible moves, I'm single so I can deal with homeless but if I'm starting a family probably couldn't

Solo. There are many places where it's a non issue, but those are all going to be either very suburban/rural, or very very expensive, as far as buying a home/raising a family, even for higher earners.

but yeah everyday here you will see drugs getting used, people yelling incoherently, saw a full car burned to a crisp, scattered belongs, all blackened, just sat there for a few days. People walking around naked, bleeding, with spears, swords, knifes.

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
"Number two, that many people on the streets of California are not from California. There’s a widely held belief that many people become homeless elsewhere, and come to California for the weather and the more liberal approach to homelessness. And therefore, California does not owe them anything. Not true, says Kushel.

“Nine out of 10 people lost their stable housing here. These are Californians,” she said. “We have to create the housing for all Californians.”

I’m guilty of throwing out this talking point.
This is a great post in terms of reframing the narrative.

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
house them, re-nationalize mental health facilities or just fukking kill them at the point if they're in the way at this point, they're disgusting :manny:

Pedro Negro

Reefer & Sneakers
Daps
Reppin
New York fukkin' City
Solo. There are many places where it's a non issue, but those are all going to be either very suburban/rural, or very very expensive, as far as buying a home/raising a family, even for higher earners.

but yeah everyday here you will see drugs getting used, people yelling incoherently, saw a full car burned to a crisp, scattered belongs, all blackened, just sat there for a few days. People walking around naked, bleeding, with spears, swords, knifes.

Sounds pretty like much NY. :pachaha:

I can deal with homeless, just not trying to feel like actually live within an encampment.

Appreciate the info, brehs.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If the shyt was just gonna get worse they should’ve thrown that bread into high speed rail so you could zoom by the bums at 300 kilometers per hour and it all looks blurry.

Meanwhile in NY I ain’t seen one bum scraper 3000 in the streets :dahell:

IMG-6928.jpg