The Wire The Greatest TV Series Ever

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
One thing I loved about The Sopranos is the fact that NOBODY played any games about their money (something im sure The Wire took from that and ran with it) especially Chris and Tony. The episode where Phil owed up to Tony and Chris's sponsor owed up for the card game was fukkin crazy. For some reason, I expected Chris to go light on dude and not press the issue since dude was helping him stay clean. Hell naw lol, that nikka was back the next day and beat the shyt out of dude. nikka was so serious bout that cash that he still considered him a friend and forced dude to an inpatient program cause he started getting high after taking that L :mjlol:. Phil tried to take off on Tony and Tony high speed chased that nikka until he crashed :russ:. That episode was fukkin classic.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One thing I loved about The Sopranos is the fact that NOBODY played any games about their money (something im sure The Wire took from that and ran with it) especially Chris and Tony. The episode where Phil owed up to Tony and Chris's sponsor owed up for the card game was fukkin crazy. For some reason, I expected Chris to go light on dude and not press the issue since dude was helping him stay clean. Hell naw lol, that nikka was back the next day and beat the shyt out of dude. nikka was so serious bout that cash that he still considered him a friend and forced dude to an inpatient program cause he started getting high after taking that L :mjlol:. Phil tried to take off on Tony and Tony high speed chased that nikka until he crashed :russ:. That episode was fukkin classic.

Them nikkas was serious about their money. Remember when Paulie was on Chris ass after he took over the sports book operation? :mjlol:

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Them nikkas was serious about their money. Remember when Paulie was on Chris ass after he took over the sports book operation? :mjlol:
Hell yeah. Paulie was easily the funniest nikka on the show, but yet he was serious as hell also. I don't think another show will be able to balance the comedy and seriousness like The Sopranos did. Breaking Bad did a good job early on but they got more and more serious as the seasons progressed. The Sopranos kept that dark comedy shyt poppin thru the whole series. Maybe "Better Call Saul" can capitalize on the dark comedy route if it ends up being a good show. Lots of the funny parts on Breaking Bad was because of Saul.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
You been trying to convince people of that going on 3+ years now and it hasn't gained traction. If nothing else the show's standing has risen.

Maybe it's time to let the crusade go and just enjoy what you like. :manny:

Fred.
I kinda agree with him, i like the show but i don't feel the need to watch any episodes any time soon.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I kinda agree with him, i like the show but i don't feel the need to watch any episodes any time soon.
The Wire and Breaking Bad are the only 2 series I can watch over and over again with every new bytch im gone have around at my crib :yeshrug:. even though great, I cant go thru The Sopranos again but might do in the future (just finished it last week) and I definitely aint bout to go thru The Shield or The Walking Dead EVER again. Only The Wire and BB gives me the feeling to want to show others how good they were.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
The Wire is better than the Sopranos, and I love the Sopranos :manny:

Sopranos had some shyt that was straight tedius to sit through. The Furio/Carmella love story, anything involving AJ, half the shyt involving Meadow, the gay Vito drama, the Christopher/Real Estate agent story, shyt even Christopher's movie was a chore to sit through.

The Wire had nothing to even compare as far as lows go. I personally think the Docks arc was strong, serial killer thing in Season 5 worked for me, Baltimore Sun thing was interesting...

The Wire>Sopranos :birdman:

Last edited:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
The Wire is better than the Sopranos, and I love the Sopranos :manny:

Sopranos had some shyt that was straight tedius to sit through. The Furio/Carmella love story, anything involving AJ, half the shyt involving Meadow, the gay Vito drama, the Christopher/Real Estate agent story, shyt even Christopher's movie was a chore to sit through.

The Wire had nothing to even compare as far as lows go. I personally think the Docks arch was strong, serial killer thing in Season 5 worked for me, Baltimore Sun thing was interesting...

The Wire>Sopranos :birdman:
Quoted for emphasis. All 100 percent truth in this post.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Deadwood is right up there with the wire and sopranos in this conversation.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I don't know what the fukk happened

I;m on 5 now and the shyt was true perfecion til then

I really can't explain why its not as good as the other 4 but it isn't
Yes it is. I really don't understand what you all hate about season 5. Not one person that has said they hated season 5 ever explained what was wrong with it. it was perfect.

Konnan

Undisputed Jack in the Box Parking Lot Champion
Daps
Reppin
#UGA #BirdBrehs #DSGB #StarkSet
Yes it is. I really don't understand what you all hate about season 5. Not one person that has said they hated season 5 ever explained what was wrong with it. it was perfect.
I missed some key shyt cause I can't figure out why McNulty been running around looking for a serial killer the whole season so far

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
I didn't have a problem with th fake serial killer angle either.

mcnulty and lester were both real ass dudes who you believed might be down for the cause. whatever it took to do better police work.

The scene when Bunk tries to get Lester to talk Jimmy down about creating the serial killer, but he goes along instead :dead:

And this scene, too:

"........:ufdup: Check on those fukkin' properties"