The Wire The Greatest TV Series Ever

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
another question to consider, is what if breaking bad was made for premium cable instead of AMC :ehh: still dont see it getting into the discussion, but defnitely a different show, at least a little

also for the record rescue me is a top 10 show, shyt never gets any shine but i thought it was pretty fukkin good

I don't see much of anything changing if "BB" was on premium cable. More nudity and a few more "fukks", that's about it.

Fred.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
I just finished The Sopranos and its hard as fukk for me to put that before breaking Bad, although I realize the greatness of the whole Soprano dynamic and I feel like no matter how grimey or irrelevant the character was, every single character in The Sopranos was likeable, even Ritchie, Ralphie, and all the other characters you were not suppose to like. However, the ending fukked everything up for me. There was absolutely no legit reason for Tony to smother Chris after the accident, maybe it was done like that to shot just how naturally EVIL Tony was but it was pointless to me. Next to Tony, Chris is one of the greatest characters in TV history, right up there with Tony, Walter, McNulty, ect.

Breaking Bad was just fukking amazing in every sense of the word, same as The Wire. Breaking Bad never had a boring episode and every ep advanced the story to the point where it kept you on the edge of your seat. The Sopranos never kept you guessing and they did not build up things to reach a climax, shyt just happened randomly (which was a good idea in its own right). Imo, its unquestionably

The Wire
Breaking Bad
The Sopranos

in that order.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I just finished The Sopranos and its hard as fukk for me to put that before breaking Bad, although I realize the greatness of the whole Soprano dynamic and I feel like no matter how grimey or irrelevant the character was, every single character in The Sopranos was likeable, even Ritchie, Ralphie, and all the other characters you were not suppose to like. However, the ending fukked everything up for me. There was absolutely no legit reason for Tony to smother Chris after the accident, maybe it was done like that to shot just how naturally EVIL Tony was but it was pointless to me. Next to Tony, Chris is one of the greatest characters in TV history, right up there with Tony, Walter, McNulty, ect.

Breaking Bad was just fukking amazing in every sense of the word, same as The Wire. Breaking Bad never had a boring episode and every ep advanced the story to the point where it kept you on the edge of your seat. The Sopranos never kept you guessing and they did not build up things to reach a climax, shyt just happened randomly (which was a good idea in its own right). Imo, its unquestionably

The Wire
Breaking Bad
The Sopranos

in that order.

"The Sopranos" is far from perfect but without Tony Soprano there is no Walter White, or any of the anti-heroes of the last 10-15 years. I overlook a lot of the show's flaws because it was basically uncharted territory at the time.

Fred.

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
My favorite character is Bodie. The parallels of Bodie trying to move up and make change with the struggle of McNulty is just :ohlawd:

I hated that nikka O-dog for murking Bodie:sadbron:

But on POWER, Ghost murked that nappy headed nikka with the quickness.:myman:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
These nikkas got big.
B6CsTzfIIAETSxg.jpg

B6CsfM9CEAAWeZF.jpg

BOsyPiKCcAAWeFg.jpg:large

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
I have watched the whole series at least 5 times and get something different in the depth of the characters every time. This time I paid attention to the correlation of all the characters, the differences and similarities between avon/stringer marlo/chris. The parallels with mcnulty/kima it seem like so many of the characters always came with a under study to kind of explain how the previous character became who they became.

This is the goat show. It just is.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man it might be close but the sopranos had some legendary scenes that were perfect comedy , gangsta, and serious all at the same time