The Wire The Greatest TV Series Ever

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Yes it is. I really don't understand what you all hate about season 5. Not one person that has said they hated season 5 ever explained what was wrong with it. it was perfect.
Some bullshyt perpetuated by stans of other shows to discredit the greatness of this show.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
I have watched the whole series at least 5 times and get something different in the depth of the characters every time. This time I paid attention to the correlation of all the characters, the differences and similarities between avon/stringer marlo/chris. The parallels with mcnulty/kima it seem like so many of the characters always came with a under study to kind of explain how the previous character became who they became.

This is the goat show. It just is.
It's the attention to detail that takes the Wire over the top

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i used to think the wire and sopranos was neck and neck but in hindsight, its not really the same league. still love the sopranos but the wire just in its own category. its the illmatic of tv shows. breaking bad is cuban linx, still dope as fukk, but it aint illmatic. sopranos is ready to die. still dope as fk, influential, bigger than illmatic, but it aint illmatic.

the wire-illmatic- journalistic, sociological, exquisite detail
sopranos-ready 2 die-larger than life, psychological, entertaining
breaking bad-cuban linx-storytelling

Daps
Reppin
St louis
the wire is hands down the damn G.O.A.T
wat6rr.jpg

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
I'm rewatching The Wire. How the hell could anyone ever say Breaking Bad is better then this? The supporting cast alone is fukking amazing. The dialogue and the depth of the series is unmatched. Breaking Bad is a very good series. But it's not touching The Wire.
I was trying to tell this to my boy but he was raised amongst white folk so he's basically carlton
he kept insisting how jesse alone was better than the whole wire cast
i had to smack his fukking head and snatch the blunt off him:snoop:

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
5 times I have this whole series and I'm just noticing that prop joe protected cheese from marlo when Omar robbed that shipment and marlo wanted to talk to whoever was in charge of it

Season 5 cheese gives up his own uncle who protected him :wow:

You really do see something different everytime you watch this show.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Sopranos had some shyt that was straight tedius to sit through. The Furio/Carmella love story, anything involving AJ, half the shyt involving Meadow, the gay Vito drama, the Christopher/Real Estate agent story, shyt even Christopher's movie was a chore to sit through.

absolutely none of that felt like a chore to me.

nothing compared to the boredom of watching congressmen and senators and their never ending scenes of expository dialogue.:manny:

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
Season 4?....... yes, greatest single season in the history of television

as a total package? No......

Sopranos and Breaking Bad are better if you're examining everything as a whole
Siiiiiiiilence Punk!! Wire is GOAT end of story breh