The Wire The Greatest TV Series Ever

iseetrolledpeople

A silent witness to all this trolling going on.
Daps
I think The Sopranos is an untouchable #1

But The Wire is an untouchable #2.
I can´t pick which one is the best, but it´s between the two. No doubt.

BB as the no. 1? Come on. I really don´t see how. Even if we talk only about the actors it still wouldn´t be no. 1. The Sopranos cast was too good, and those from the wire made it seem like it was reality tv so...

HBO series :ahh:

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
GOAT show, the Illmatic of television history, no matter how many times i watch it....i'll catch something new.

I can remember that white chick character named Dee-Dee, Her first appearance is when she pulls up in Hamsterdam (season 3) copping some drugs but she doesn't really look like a fully blown addict, just somebody looking for a good time, then she appears in season 4 at Andre corner shop, she is now trickin for drugs....showing her downfall from Hamsterdam & her final appearance is just before Bubs does his speech at the meeting in season 5, she does a speech & say she is now clean.

She has 3 scenes but has her own story line :ohhh:

David Simon :banderas:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
GOAT show, the Illmatic of television history, no matter how many times i watch it....i'll catch something new.

I can remember that white chick character named Dee-Dee, Her first appearance is when she pulls up in Hamsterdam (season 3) copping some drugs but she doesn't really look like a fully blown addict, just somebody looking for a good time, then she appears in season 4 at Andre corner shop, she is now trickin for drugs....showing her downfall from Hamsterdam & her final appearance is just before Bubs does his speech at the meeting in season 5, she does a speech & say she is now clean.

She has 3 scenes but has her own story line :ohhh:

David Simon :banderas:
Wow thats the same girl? Wtf...

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
"The Wire" is the GOAT, but some of you dudes are wilding. Season 5 was pretty fukking awful, let's not rewrite history here.

Fred.

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
The Wire
The Sopranos
Mad Men
Game of Thrones
Breaking Bad

Personally that's my top 5. I think with The Wire and The Sopranos it can depend on which you watch first as to which you prefer. The Wire was my first real boxset TV show that I watched, os it was bound to stick with me. The show though :wow: I remember watching the first few episodes and thinking :what: I couldn't understand anyone, nothing was happening and I was ready to throw it in the bushes :camby: Thank fukk I didn't :blessed: Flawless TV. I was also one of those that disliked season 2 on the first run through but when you watch the whole show again, god damn :banderas:

The Wire also has my GOAT season of TV, season 4. I remember going into it and wondering just how good it could be by bringing kids into the story, could it be as good as season 3. Well I'll be damned :wow: We had snowstorms over here when I was watching it the first time and I must've ran through most of the season in one day in a marathon. Perfect television, just pure perfection. :ohlawd:

I don't see anything topping The Wire. Mad Men would need one of a second half of this final season and Game of Thrones is brilliant but I don't think it'll touch those 3 imo.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
"Game Of Thrones" is a great show but I wouldn't place it anywhere near even a top 10 until it's over. More than any other show that appears on these lists, it will be made or broken by how it ends. They got a fukk ton of plot threads/characters up in the air, and will until it's over.

Fred.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really really really want to put the Sopranos as #1, but they had some undeniably weak and baffling episodes that threw off storylines...The Wire was a seamless, serialized narrative that improved on everything the Sopranos did and then some...

i have sopranos as 1 by a hair, but thats actually a great point :ehh: wire did not have one fukkin weak episode, while some of the sopranos was defintey :huhldup: or :camby:

honestly i try not to even rate them against each other, its too fukkin hard. theyre 1 and 2 and thats it imo

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
another question to consider, is what if breaking bad was made for premium cable instead of AMC :ehh: still dont see it getting into the discussion, but defnitely a different show, at least a little

also for the record rescue me is a top 10 show, shyt never gets any shine but i thought it was pretty fukkin good

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
Sopranos is top 3 for me but let's be honest, season 4 (besides the finale) & majority of season 6a & even 6b :comeon:

Concentrating 2 episodes on purgatory or whatever Tony was stuck in when he got shoot & then the next 4 or 5 episodes on Vito the fakkit angle :what:

I did miss it the most out of all the shows i watched though, it was like i was part of the family :wow:

bdkane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
College Park by way of East Bmore
another question to consider, is what if breaking bad was made for premium cable instead of AMC :ehh: still dont see it getting into the discussion, but defnitely a different show, at least a little

also for the record rescue me is a top 10 show, shyt never gets any shine but i thought it was pretty fukkin good
True shyt