The what is the name of that damn movie thread.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Ok, here's the breakdown of my unknown movie.

It's a early to mid-90's martial arts flick that came on a few dozen times on HBO back when they had these MA flicks specified time block on there line up. It was kinda low-budget, American made joint about this young white guy who's older brother was an underground street fighter who got killed by some mystery fighter. So he comes to the city (which I believe was either Detroit or NY) and he's trying to find his brother's killer. He hears that he was killed by another underground fighter, except that it wasn't even during an official fight, but behind the scenes or some shyt and there wasn't really any witnesses.

The guy starts asking around the fight scene and I think he gets his ass beat initially, but this fat black guy (not really huge, more like a Forest Whittaker body type) takes him under his wing to train him so he can win at the underground fight scene. At a few points in his training regime, the black trainer has the white duke running against the city bus and the first few times he can't keep up, but of course he later beats the bus, which I believe his trainer figures that means he's now ready to tackle the fight scene.

Another notable character the white kid meets is this slick haired greaser looking muscular fighter that he somewhat befriends and this guy sometimes fights dirty, as in one fight his in, he eats a raw onion before fighting and during the fight, he breathes his onion breath on his opponent to distract him for the win, lol! I think this guy eventually either loses and/or gets killed too.

So anyways, the main duke ends up winning the fight scene circuit and is celebrating with his trainer and the either go off somewhere alone in some back alley or they stuck around where the fights were held in the alley after everyone else was gone. The black trainer ends up telling duke that he knows who killed his brother and that he was the killer, and that he was now going to kill him, so they start battling of course. The black duke ends up being much more of a fighter than you'd think a guy his size would be, as there's a few Van Damme-ish slow mo aerial spin kicks they have him doing against the white boy. Of course tho, the white boy ends up beating/killing him at the end and the movie ends shortly afterwards.

Anyone got a ideas of this? I can't think of any noticeable actor/martial artists that were in this movie, so it makes it even harder to look up, but if I saw a brief vid of it, I think I'd know of it was the right movie.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

It's a early to mid-90's martial arts flick that came on a few dozen times on HBO back when they had these MA flicks specified time block on there line up. It was kinda low-budget, American made joint about this young white guy who's older brother was an underground street fighter who got killed by some mystery fighter. So he comes to the city (which I believe was either Detroit or NY) and he's trying to find his brother's killer. He hears that he was killed by another underground fighter, except that it wasn't even during an official fight, but behind the scenes or some shyt and there wasn't really any witnesses.

The guy starts asking around the fight scene and I think he gets his ass beat initially, but this fat black guy (not really huge, more like a Forest Whittaker body type) takes him under his wing to train him so he can win at the underground fight scene. At a few points in his training regime, the black trainer has the white duke running against the city bus and the first few times he can't keep up, but of course he later beats the bus, which I believe his trainer figures that means he's now ready to tackle the fight scene.

Another notable character the white kid meets is this slick haired greaser looking muscular fighter that he somewhat befriends and this guy sometimes fights dirty, as in one fight his in, he eats a raw onion before fighting and during the fight, he breathes his onion breath on his opponent to distract him for the win, lol! I think this guy eventually either loses and/or gets killed too.

So anyways, the main duke ends up winning the fight scene circuit and is celebrating with his trainer and the either go off somewhere alone in some back alley or they stuck around where the fights were held in the alley after everyone else was gone. The black trainer ends up telling duke that he knows who killed his brother and that he was the killer, and that he was now going to kill him, so they start battling of course. The black duke ends up being much more of a fighter than you'd think a guy his size would be, as there's a few Van Damme-ish slow mo aerial spin kicks they have him doing against the white boy. Of course tho, the white boy ends up beating/killing him at the end and the movie ends shortly afterwards.

Anyone got a ideas of this? I can't think of any noticeable actor/martial artists that were in this movie, so it makes it even harder to look up, but if I saw a brief vid of it, I think I'd know of it was the right movie.

Sounds like Bloodfist to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Damn, one more that came to mind. Came out in the 80's I think and it might of been a made for tv flick. It was about a little boy with powers I think. All I can remember was that near the end of the movie the boys plastic army men had come to life and was causing havoc. The house had caught on fire, tanks shooting and all the sh1t.

Been trying to figure this one out for years.

The Indian in the Cupboard?

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps

I used to watch this movie on HBO all the time

Full Contact (1993) - IMDb (wrong box cover)

Full Contact - Rotten Tomatoes

Rep please :shaq:

SuikodenII

Daps
I member some joint that came on hbo a lot it was some errortic drama or some shyt I member dude had phantom of the opera mask type mask it was white

Another joint that came on hbo a lot shod be easier it was a horror movie the bad guy was dead cop that was burned all over

Hbo fukked me up when I was little shouldn't never been watching that shyt

The Phantom of the Opera (1998) - IMDb :yeshrug:

SuikodenII

Daps
I saw this movie around the mid 90's on tv (like the usa channel). It was about two fighter pilots one good the other bad. They used to be friends or brothers. They were both flying jets in a mountainous area. I think the good guy had some military support in a bunker or mountain cave. There might have been a bomb involved as well.

I have been searching for years for this movie with no luck. :to:

NO idea, but sounds like an Iron Eagle movie...not sure how many they made, at least two I know of

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I used to watch this movie on HBO all the time

Full Contact (1993) - IMDb (wrong box cover)

Full Contact - Rotten Tomatoes

Rep please :shaq:

Man, I when I first clicked that link and saw fukking Chow Yun Fat, I was about to be like, "Did you not just see I said it wasn't some big name easily noticeable actor" but sho nuff, like you said, they had the wrong box cover. So I looked up the man star JerryTrimble (never heard of em) name plus that movie title on youtube and got a the full movie on display on there and lo and behold, you were DEAD ON!:ahh: Thank you blessed Suikoden god! + Rep impending. This means soo much man, as this movie has been in my head for over a decade not knowing what the fukk it was. The 7-year itch has now been sated.

And to the other guy that answered before, actually you were very close, as it turns out this movie was supposedly like an Americanized version of the one you posted.

Here's the full movie!:jawalrus:

Also, funny enough, Michael Jai White has a small role in it. I don't think he fights though, unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
Red Dawn with Patrick Swayze

GOOD LOKS, I'll try to find that scene on youtube...

There was this other joint with this young girl that was calling this dude pretending to be a grown woman. Dude turned out to be a rapist/murderer and found out who she really was and came for her and her mother. The funniest part i remember is when he broke into their crib to get them and he grabbed her mom and used her to headbutt the daughter:russ:
They maced him and pushed him out the window

Steppin Razor

i drank all the whiskey
Daps
I saw this movie around the mid 90's on tv (like the usa channel). It was about two fighter pilots one good the other bad. They used to be friends or brothers. They were both flying jets in a mountainous area. I think the good guy had some military support in a bunker or mountain cave. There might have been a bomb involved as well.

I have been searching for years for this movie with no luck. :to:

Sounds like Broken Arrow to me.

Broken Arrow (1996 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Nah, I don't think that's the one. Good lookin though.

Bruiser?

Don't feel bad you ain't the only one bruh:sadbron:

HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, all that sh1t f*cked me and my cousins up as little kids. The sh1t they used to show on cable was outta control. The majority of it I couldn't even tell you the name of.

Nah that came out in 2000 this was 80 or maybe early 90s movie

YOLO_JONES

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Park Village, Compton CA
Anyone can help me out?

this movie is late 80's early 90's. It's kind of like The Running Man in that there are a group of people who are trying to make it to a finish line first without being killed along the way. It's set outdoors, and the main actor was a skinny young white dude who was or looked like Mark Harmon. Anyways, like I said they are trying to reach where ever they're going to without being killed. One scene I remember is the "Mark Harmon" guy was being attacked by some villager with a pitchfork.