The Washington Post is going after black men

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Actually it shows you don’t know what you’re talking about. Until Barack Obama, Historically Black women voted for democrats between 87-93 percent for democrats ( with Clinton in 1996 being the first to crack 95 percent). So no, historically speaking black women don’t vote in 95-97 democrats.

Sidenote: Cornell does a study on this every year.

Comparing pre Clinton/Obama numbers with today’s numbers is a little disingenuous but even so, black women voting for a candidate like Desantis in far greater numbers than they did before (20% versus 7-13% using your numbers) in the gotdamn Trump era doesn’t seem odd to you?

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I read that same article about an hour ago, and was thinking about posting it. I'm glad you did OP. And before the parade of "Y'all seek out misery" starts flooding this thread, I didn't seek the article out, it was in my suggestion tabs in my google chrome browser. I was boiling yams when I came across it. The internet just wanted to let me know how much they can't stand black men.

:hubie:
I was boiling yams too.
:ohhh:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Funny thing about opinion pieces like the one this woman wrote is, the talking points have gone from the need to vote, to who we need to vote for. They just keep trying to twist our arms. I've always gotten a kick out of the :picard: "you're not voting" or "our ancestors died for you to vote:usure:" types. The latter of which is true , however, they almost always fail to include that our ancestors also died for us to make our own choices. Well, some of us hold conservative views and choose to vote Republican or Independent. Some of us choose not to vote at all. At any rate that's up to the individual.

The irony is when it comes to arguments like this Washington Post piece, lately I'm strongly under the impression that most Black women who vote Democrat tend to be largely ignorant of the issues. They blindly vote Democrat. You ask the average Black female voter, educated or not, what her position is on issues such as immigration, the economy, the Middle East, etc., nine times out of ten they can't articulate it because they haven't given it any thought. I guarantee you Black men who vote Republican have given much more thought to their choices than the Black women who vote Democrat.

To be fair to Black female voters, most voters in general I think are ignorant and vote with their hearts and biases.
^^ this is on point, good post and it's good to see someone think objectively about the issue.

I've had a similar observation too. Ever since Diddy had that "Vote or Die" campaign, what I've started to notice it that this is loosely translated into "vote for who we tell you to vote for or DIE."

I don't know what it is, but there are some people who are hell bent on policing the individual political choices and preferences of others in the black community. I personally vote by the issues, and therefore it depends on the candidate...I don't care how the black congressional caucus or Oprah Winfrey feels about it--they don't like it?--tough tattas. They're on the Democratic payroll--I'm not. And I'm sure this is how others who vote differently feel about it. I'd be far more intrigued to hear why someone black voted for Kemp over Abraams than to tell them who they should have voted for. Same with Disantis and Gillim. I'd respect their personal choice, and like you--I'm pretty sure they've thought critically about it before they did it given the wave of propaganda telling them who they "must" vote for.

Last edited:

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Like I said in my last post those numbers do not align (by a long shot) with how black women have voted historically.
Black Women has voted for a white man with a black wife over a black man with a black wife for the mayor of NY.
Comparing pre Clinton/Obama numbers with today’s numbers is a little disingenuous but even so, black women voting for a candidate like Desantis in far greater numbers than they did before (20% versus 7-13% using your numbers) in the gotdamn Trump era doesn’t seem odd to you?
so what you’re really saying is bw are by far more loyal than black men, and you cannot possibly believe that 20 percent of Florida black woman would vote for a racist wm even though the numbers show it....is that what you’re getting at??

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I think any black person who votes for these people deserve to be criticized. I’m not seeing this over representation of articles criticizing black male republicans over black women republicans to be honest.

And quite honestly I think those Florida numbers are not on point. No way almost 20% of black women voted for desantis. I need to see reciepts on that shyt. I wonder if they are including Cuban women in those numbers.
:dead: :russ:

Breh basically said "I rebuke your fact". Next time just post "fake news" it will be faster

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps

No it doesn’t because they did it with Rick Scott as well. Actually I want to apologize for an earlier comment when I said “ The Wall Street Journal” didn’t cover this. Not only did they cover it they actually gave the reason why they did it.

Opinion | ‘School Choice Moms’ Tipped the Governor’s Florida Race

As I said people vote for their interest and democrats need to stop thinking they know everything.

Last edited:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
This is why we need to stick together. I'm not reading it.
Go dig up her pro-IR tweets, you know it’s there :coffee:

I'm getting pretty close

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nt-families-are-from-south-of-the-u-s-border/

Pro-immigrant

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ers-and-the-burden-of-the-strong-black-woman/

"Strong black woman"

All her post from here are about Stacey Abrams--not one asking what she was supposed to do for black people.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...t-gop-woman-elected-to-congress-from-georgia/

Celebrating a GA Rep. winning :dahell:...she's a woman :dry:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/06/01/black-women-and-the-dnc/

"Black Women and the DNC" :mjlol:

Bet she doesn't have a "Black Men and the DNC" yet mad 100% didn't vote D

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
:dwillhuh:what if black men really are voting republican like this though?

My co worker's girlfriend pretends to be a trump hater on social media for her job...maybe cats are out here doing the same just in everyday life :huhldup:

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
They're targeting 8-11% of black male voters :snoop:

They weren't the people who got him elected - it was the overwhelming white majority.
That number would be even lower, except GA's voter suppression kept democrat's numbers down and inflated republicans.

These fukking demons are selling out to the nazis, who then turn around and call their journalists getting murdered in Saudi Arabia "Fake news"

I don't even know what the fukk this country wants anymore. The rich just keep making everyone stupider and angrier until eventually we hit Civil War 2.0 and the entire empire collapses like fukking Rome.

Get your passports brehs

Last edited:

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Asking questions about the 11% of black men who voted for a guy actively trying to suppress the black vote doesn’t constitute “Going after black men”

Some of you c00ns deserved to have the spotlight on you.

:yeshrug:

Find me one race that is even as close to being on code along partisan lines as Blacks (men and women) and then you can argue this. Otherwise, don't bother me with my only 90% of Black people voted for her. Unless we start mind melding, that shyt is always going to happen.

More than 10% of Hispanics voted for Trump and they aren't all writing hit pieces. Because they know they need the Hispanic vote while they think they got ours so can push us over every damn loss they have.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Find me one race that is even as close to being on code along partisan lines as Blacks (men and women) and then you can argue this. Otherwise, don't bother me with my only 90% of Black people voted for her. Unless we start mind melding, that shyt is always going to happen.

More than 10% of Hispanics voted for Trump and they aren't all writing hit pieces. Because they know they need the Hispanic vote while they think they got ours so can push us over every damn loss they have.

Don't even mention that black man are the most gender progressive male voters in America :dahell: