The Washington Post is going after black men

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
I think any black person who votes for these people deserve to be criticized. I’m not seeing this over representation of articles criticizing black male republicans over black women republicans to be honest.

And quite honestly I think those Florida numbers are not on point. No way almost 20% of black women voted for desantis. I need to see reciepts on that shyt. I wonder if they are including Cuban women in those numbers.
It’s funny you could believe 11 percent of black men voted red but cannot believe 18percent of black women voted for DeSantis. Shows me a lot about you.

Again, 11 percent gets the hit-peices while 20 percent gets silence.

When those exit polls came out, all I hear from twitter is “I can’t believe it” or “that ain’t right”

But bw SOLELY get praises in Alabama when they voted for that deomocratic senator FOR carrying the vote but no criticism for electing DeSantis.

Daps
I think any black person who votes for these people deserve to be criticized. I’m not seeing this over representation of articles criticizing black male republicans over black women republicans to be honest.

And quite honestly I think those Florida numbers are not on point. No way almost 20% of black women voted for desantis. I need to see reciepts on that shyt. I wonder if they are including Cuban women in those numbers.

So the statistics that indict black women must be a lie, but the ones that indict black men are totally true huh?

:skip:

Honestly bruh you're so intellectualy dishonest, you ought to ashamed of yourself

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s funny you could believe 11 percent of black men voted red but cannot believe 18percent of black women voted for DeSantis. Shows me a lot about you.

Because historically black women consistently vote against republicans by 95-97%. Black men have supported republicans in greater numbers than black women historically.

Shows me a lot about you that you don’t know this.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Because historically those numbers for black women are non existent who consistently vote against republicans by 95-97%. Black men’s have supported republicans in greater numbers than black women historically.

You’re not gonna ignore my edit:

Again, 11 percent gets the hit-peices while 20 percent gets silence.

When those exit polls came out, all I hear from twitter is “I can’t believe it” or “that ain’t right”

But bw SOLELY get praises in Alabama when they voted for that deomocratic senator FOR carrying the vote but no criticism for electing DeSantis.

Until someone else proves that the 18percent didn’t vote for DeSantis, then it stands as truth

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So the statistics that indict black women must be a lie, but the ones that indict black men are totally true huh?

:skip:

Honestly bruh you're so intellectualy dishonest, you ought to ashamed of yourself

Like I said in my last post those numbers do not align (by a long shot) with how black women have voted historically.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I don’t think this article is presenting it as a gender wide issue at all.The article
Isn’t painting a picture that most black men are trump supporters lol. The article is asking, what’s up with this small segment of black men voting for someone who seems to be consistently and grossly against their interests. I think it’s an interesting question to ask. But I’ll let y’all blow things out of proportion and enjoy your black women and liberal dap fishing hate thread
I read the article. Articles like this only serve the purpose of turning that small segment into a bigger issue than it is. Ppl run with articles like this to crap on the voting paterns of black men as a whole and present a "paranoia" if you will about black men leaving the Democratic party in droves. Articles like this give creadance to blame black men rhetoric that we saw when Hillary lost. This isnt about delving into the pathology of c00ns. Otherwise why not just write an article on Black Republicans in general if you're gonna focus articles on the 5-12% of black men who vote the other way in these elections? Hell, how do they know alot of these black men aren't registered republicans to begin with? To the article's credit they cited that black men voted for Abrams moreso than they did any other Democrats back in the pre-Obama era, and that the black male voting patterns in this election pretty much reflect how BM had been voting pre Obama. If that's the case, than why the need for these articles in the first place if not to just slander black men as a whole? Again, why not just write an article on admitted Black Republicans/Black Conservatives and what makes them tick?

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps

This whole statement is full of naivety and ignorance.

- You said you don’t see the over representation of black male vs black female conservative representation in the media.

* Of course there is. You have a national paper ( The Washington Post) publishing an essential hit piece on black men, yet you haven’t read one piece from the Washington Post, NY times, Wall Street journal (which is conservative in nature), LA times, Chicago Tribune, USA Today, Politico, Tampa Bay Times, Newsweek, etc making the same piece on black Women. That’s an over representation right there.

-You say “I don’t think those 20 percent of numbers are correct”.

* Why not believe Florida but accept Georgia as fact when Georgia is literally in the national spotlight for Voter fraud and misinterpretation of ballads?

* Why give one a pass vs another.

Daps
Like I said in my last post those numbers do not align (by a long shot) with how black women have voted historically.

Dismiss anything that doesn't conform to your preconceived notions brehs

Engauge in the behavior thats the cornerstone of bigotry, all the while considering yourself a progressive brehs

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This whole statement is full of naivety and ignorance.

- You said you don’t see the over representation of black male vs black female conservative representation in the media.

* Of course there is. You have a national paper ( The Washington Post) publishing an essential hit piece on black men, yet you haven’t read one piece from the Washington Post, NY times, Wall Street journal (which is conservative in nature), LA times, Chicago Tribune, USA Today, Politico, Tampa Bay Times, Newsweek, etc making the same piece on black Women. That’s an over representation right there.

-You say “I don’t think those 20 percent of numbers are correct”.

* Why not believe Florida but accept Georgia as fact when Georgia is literally in the national spotlight for Voter fraud and misinterpretation of ballads?

* Why give one a pass vs another.

I’m not giving a pass to anybody black person who voted republican. I just think the numbers in Florida are fishy because they do not align with how black women voted in any other state or how they vote historically. Black men have historically voted for republicans in higher numbers than black women so it makes sense that people would wonder why.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Because historically black women consistently vote against republicans by 95-97%. Black men have supported republicans in greater numbers than black women historically.

Actually it shows you don’t know what you’re talking about. Until Barack Obama, Historically Black women voted for democrats between 87-93 percent for democrats ( with Clinton in 1996 being the first to crack 95 percent). So no, historically speaking black women don’t vote in 95-97 democrats.

Sidenote: Cornell does a study on this every year.