The Turkey Leg Hut Got a Dress Code Now

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
I never heard of this place, but dammit, I love turkey legs.

Them legs must be fire if they gotta do all this...

But I'm not mad. It's their business number one. Number two, as I get older, I don't wanna see all that most of the time. nikkas be overdoing it (and I'm not just speaking black folk, but people in general)
like, have some respect for yourself. Just because you CAN do or wear something doesn't mean you SHOULD. Folk don't go to work like that, so why do it anywhere else?

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i've noticed when black people try to enforce a rule, other black folk almost instinctively resist it. these are the same people who get quiet when white people tell them to settle down.

i seriously doubt this business wanted to do this, but felt they had to because people were being excessive. i have no problem with this.
Its the old throw a fit when black businesses do something but be quiet when a white one does.

Damn shame in establishment where children & elders visit you gotta tell grown folks what’s acceptable.

Who raised these fools?

Where is the common sense?

Sadly people still don’t understand every criticism isn’t hate

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
After browsing Yelp the food in that place looks like shyt. I like that they're demanding people dress with some self respect, but I'm sure there are better dining options than that place.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
The place ain't even built like that. Good food but not worth the hoopla. You can show up 2 hours before opening and be standing in an endless line wrapped around the building without any hint of a time estimate.

Bet they won't police the rappers that give them exposure. :mjpls:

But to be honest, they are probably doing this due to pressure from the gentrification going on in the area. Those $500,000+ white households in the area want them out the paint.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/food/2021/05/14/turkey-leg-hut-houston/
There you have it.. People are clowning now but watch how they’ll act if they’re forced to close

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
It seems completely reasonable for a family-friendly place, not a club. It's not like they went out of their way to be a place with a dress code, they tried to go without one but people fukked it up by being over-the-top with their clothing and this is what happens. Most of the banned shyt isn't stuff you should be wearing in public outside the club/beach anyway.
It's literally like a mini kappa beach party every weekend at this place now. Streets packed with random people, 90% are from.out of town. Police everywhere. Low riders and badly built girls in bikinis strolling about. It's a mess. I have a homie that stays a block a way and they neighborhood is furious at whats going on. Unfortunately they need to either expand AsaP and move the crowd eslewhere or they may get sued into Oblivion. HPD is trying to help though as they now have a dedicated staff policing the area due to crowds.

These guys are about to make a billion selling these turkey legs. Crazy

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Bruh trying to increase his customer base. I ain't trying to bring my kid to a restaurant and he learning cursive by looking at someone's ass.

it should increase the customer base but also cut down on that line. I took the fam with me when we went down there right before the pandemic hit and the line :whew: we waited 2 hours BEFORE it opened just to get a seat. I’d imagine this dress code will eliminate some of the people in line too

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

That’s essentially what they said.

It seems completely reasonable for a family-friendly place, not a club. It's not like they went out of their way to be a place with a dress code, they tried to go without one but people fukked it up by being over-the-top with their clothing and this is what happens. Most of the banned shyt isn't stuff you should be wearing in public outside the club/beach anyway.

I dunno what "family friendly " establishment serves hookahs on the tables and has loud club music playing in the daytime. Seems like a day party to me. If they don't want people to think it's a club don't advertise it or treat the environment like a club. I was with them until I saw their instagram.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I respect it, but the rules are vague.

Rather than have a dress code of what not to wear, tell people what to wear. "Dress to impress" "Business casual" "Smart casual" Offer dress-up days. "Free drinks if you come in your Kentucky Derby finest or Suit & Tie". Create customer of the day. Only share folks who are dress appropriately on social media. It sends an implicit message of what to wear.
To a ratchet, "dress to impress" might mean the club dress that looks painted on with no bra and panties.

Or, people will creatively violate on technicalities. You have to be precise.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Yeah, we shall see. Some of us honestly don’t care what people wear, so I guess it depends on your views or whatever.
nah if you got a family nobody trying to see bytches I’m there damn near fully naked. And I’m sure marriage women don’t wanna see damn near naked hoes around they men