The Turkey Leg Hut Got a Dress Code Now

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
i've noticed when black people try to enforce a rule, other black folk almost instinctively resist it. these are the same people who get quiet when white people tell them to settle down.

i seriously doubt this business wanted to do this, but felt they had to because people were being excessive. i have no problem with this.
The irony of the c00ning of this post:wow:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The place ain't even built like that. Good food but not worth the hoopla. You can show up 2 hours before opening and be standing in an endless line wrapped around the building without any hint of a time estimate.

Bet they won't police the rappers that give them exposure. :mjpls:

But to be honest, they are probably doing this due to pressure from the gentrification going on in the area. Those $500,000+ white households in the area want them out the paint.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/food/2021/05/14/turkey-leg-hut-houston/

Daps
i've noticed when black people try to enforce a rule, other black folk almost instinctively resist it. these are the same people who get quiet when white people tell them to settle down.

i seriously doubt this business wanted to do this, but felt they had to because people were being excessive. i have no problem with this.

I really hate this. It’s like we’re expected to put up with bottom of the barrel standards, and if not, we’re “c00ning”.

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia

That’s essentially what they said.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
It seems completely reasonable for a family-friendly place, not a club. It's not like they went out of their way to be a place with a dress code, they tried to go without one but people fukked it up by being over-the-top with their clothing and this is what happens. Most of the banned shyt isn't stuff you should be wearing in public outside the club/beach anyway.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston

I'm glad somebody else said it. shyt is crazy. I love my people but its a fact that when visiting other establishments most of us don't dare buck the rules that are in place but as soon as a black owned spot tries to enforce new rules which are totally reasonable some of us go ballistic with the push back.

brandy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I respect it, but the rules are vague.

Rather than have a dress code of what not to wear, tell people what to wear. "Dress to impress" "Business casual" "Smart casual" Offer dress-up days. "Free drinks if you come in your Kentucky Derby finest or Suit & Tie". Create customer of the day. Only share folks who are dress appropriately on social media. It sends an implicit message of what to wear.

Last edited: