The Turkey Leg Hut Got a Dress Code Now

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I dunno what "family friendly " establishment serves hookahs on the tables and has loud club music playing in the daytime. Seems like a day party to me. If they don't want people to think it's a club don't advertise it or treat the environment like a club. I was with them until I saw their instagram.

There are plenty places that play loud music and maybe have hookah day or whatever and people are dressed reasonably. They’re not asking you to put on your Sunday best, they’re just saying come in with clothes on. The dress code is really damn simple honestly. The music shouldn’t dictate whether you can dress up or not lol. C’mon man

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
Focus on your Turkey legs. Lol maybe cause I’m broke, but wear what you want, just pay for the food. Preferably in cash thanks!

the crowd becomes your brand unforunately. If you continue to allow it, it will be hard to expand.

but i agree that it shouldnt be crazy policing. Just be fully clothed.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the crowd becomes your brand unforunately. If you continue to allow it, it will be hard to expand.

but i agree that it shouldnt be crazy policing. Just be fully clothed.
The place is in the parking lot of a shopping center. Food is served on square metal plates. The wait is ridiculous and it’s summer in Texas. They aren’t providing an atmosphere for a dress code, IMO.

But I also know it’s going to be more trouble than it’s worth. It will be subjective, especially the cleavage and bras. I wouldn’t want to entertain all the “well what about xyz over there”.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
Yes because the black community’s issues will be solved if we all maintained a dress code. Thank you.

You’re missing the point. Look at how much effort it takes our people to get on the same page for something as simple as proper presentation in social settings.

Imagine us trying get on the same page about strategy for competing in a real way with other groups, how to pool our money, how to move as a political bloc and many other things.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
IF THIS WAS A WHITE ESTABLISHMENT
THESE c00nS WOULDNT BE SAYING shyt.

:devil:
:evil:

They know how to throw on their brunch boots and other attire to go spend money at cac spots for brunch every weekend. But, cannot wear basic acceptable clothing to support a Black biz.

Says a lot.

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
You’re missing the point. Look at how much effort it takes our people to get on the same page for something as simple as proper presentation in social settings.

Imagine us trying get on the same page about strategy for competing in a real way with other groups, how to pool our money, how to move as a political bloc and many other things.

tenor.gif

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I'm not missing the point, my view is just different. I honestly wouldn't care what people wore as long as they acted properly, paid and enjoyed the experience. Fashion and appropriateness are far too subjective for me to police.

ALL of us will never get together for one collective strategy, the same way we will never agree on fashion and what's acceptable and it's not realistic to believe it possible. I think we could have better collaboration if we stopped trying to get one strategy and divide and conquer several areas at once.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I'm not missing the point, my view is just different. I honestly wouldn't care what people wore as long as they acted properly, paid and enjoyed the experience. Fashion and appropriateness are far too subjective for me to police.

ALL of us will never get together for one collective strategy, the same way we will never agree on fashion and what's acceptable and it's not realistic to believe it possible. I think we could have better collaboration if we stopped trying to get one strategy and divide and conquer several areas at once.

But Black folks sure do figure out how to dress when it’s time to do Sunday Funday brunch at white establishments.

Got to look good in those photos for the IG stuntin’.

But, when it comes to Black businesses, how we look doesn’t matter. Makes sense to me, I suppose.