The true winner of this gen can't even do 4k

Daps
Reppin
NULL
switch is a hand held system not a real console, it is a kids toy, as far games go nintendo, nintendo switch library consists of indie 2d games you can download for free on PC and run on integrated graphics hardware

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
BOTW is an even better game emulated on PC :wow: I hate that performance and enjoyment are pitted against each other. Gaming is too mature at this point to not hold these devs and pubs to greater expectations. Resolution can be whatever it wants to be and performance can be tweaked accordingly.

Give me frames, fun, and fidelity :hubie:
Why they refuse to grasp that concept is beyond me :yeshrug:

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Having stronger hardware is something that needs to come out from Nintendo by the end of 2021.

I agree, they need to also improving with the hardware & software required to play the games. The Switch has the worst controller out of the current generation in terms of durability, but be priced like apple products and don't be started on online services & infrastructure which are underlooked by Nintendo.

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
:mjlol:
images

I understand it's a great game. and well executed, but it is in no way realistic. it looks like a childrens cartoon.

a realistic Zelda would have character designs closer to something like this
cad3d015797761.5603919860732.jpg

This is wayyy more realistic
3061198-arthur%20portrait%20transparent.png

everything-we-know-ghost-of-tsushima-about-jin-sakai.jpg
the art style isn't realistic and the game itself isn’t. its a fantasy game with dragons, orcs and bird-people so that should be a given.

but BOTW does have a more “realistic” physics engine and emergent/systemic gameplay than most games this gen. internally consistent might be a better description than realistic because there are systems in the game (like raising ice blocks and freezing time) that are impossible in real life but work with the games other systems

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Your definition of realism is very different from mine. For me realism is about colors and textures and lighting.
The colors in BOTW look cartoonish and textures are perfect, no natural flaws. The light doesn't even reflect off shiny surfaces his sword looks more grey than metallic.looks like the world was colored to be daytime rather than illuminated by a natural light source. very unrealistic.It's not just about style, FF& remake has a very anime style to it but still done realistically.
He's not talking about BOTW having a more realistic artstyle.

He's talking about physics and the way objects interact with the environment being more realistic in BOTW than in most open world games.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
the art style isn't realistic and the game itself isn’t. its a fantasy game with dragons, orcs and bird-people so that should be a given.

but BOTW does have a more “realistic” physics engine and emergent/systemic gameplay than most games this gen. internally consistent might be a better description than realistic because there are systems in the game (like raising ice blocks and freezing time) that are impossible in real life but work with the games other systems
He's not talking about BOTW having a more realistic artstyle.

He's talking about physics and the way objects interact with the environment being more realistic in BOTW than in most open world games.
Then you have to specifically say the game has better in world physics. Its not realism.
They referred to art like this back in the day as realism
beezingup.jpg

because it looked photo real. Not because the wave physics were accurate to the wind physics on the sails.
Nobody is gonna turn in something like this and say it's a more realistic painting.because the water splashes correctly
cool-funny-cruise-ship-on-260nw-627018362.jpg

Last edited: