The true winner of this gen can't even do 4k

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Yeah but watch those videos...see how a rock doesn’t even slide down the mountain in the more realistic looking art style. Or how if I shoot an arrow in BOTW it’ll actually arc and land somewhere and I can pick it up...can’t do that in HZD. Or how if I shoot a fire arrow into grass in BOTW it starts a fire, in HZD it does nothing. Or if I hit a tree with a sword in BOTW it destroys the tree, in HZD the tree is unaffected.

I definitely think realism is a part of the art but it’s also in the physics and interaction with the environment.
So if Mickey Mouse picked up a revolver in a cartoon and fired six shoots before having to reload, you would consider that more realistic than if Arnold Schwarzenegger fired a six shooter 30 times without reloading in a live action movie?

To me you are just talking about continuity and physics. not realism. Arnold is still more realistic than Mickey Mouse

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
The main issue for Nintendo is AAA third party support. This is mainly due to the fact that the hardware is slightly below the level of the base Xbox One. Most of those games do at best 720 P when docked. Even Nintendo's two big titles BOTW and Mario Odyssey max out at 900P.

It's weird seeing third party games that look and perform straight-up awful. Then you see both Doom and the Witcher 3 that while they are clear downgrades from the other versions of the game. I'm playing the Witcher 3 for the first time on the Switch (I wasn't gaming when it originally came out and I only have the base Xbox One)and the performance is impressive considering the system that it is on.

Still, I don't think most companies want to put the time and effort into it. For instance, Doom Eternal still hasn't come out yet. Having stronger hardware is something that needs to come out from Nintendo by the end of 2021.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
So if Mickey Mouse picked up a revolver in a cartoon and fired six shoots before having to reload, you would consider that more realistic than if Arnold Schwarzenegger fired a six shooter 30 times without reloading in a live action movie?

To me you are just talking about continuity and physics. not realism. Arnold is still more realistic than Mickey Mouse

Based on your logic, Fast and the Furious is realistic.

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
People don’t play resolutions, they play games and the Switch has a solid 1st party stable of games.

Remember, one of the best open world games of all time dropped on the Switch, Breath of the Wild. It’s physics and natural world is more consistent, logical, and realistic than Horizon Zero Dawn, Ghist of Tsushima, and Red Dead Redemption.

What good is 4K if all you got to play is Crackdown 3 and Sea of Thieves?

Negged for disrespecting the masterpiece red dead like that

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
People don’t play resolutions, they play games and the Switch has a solid 1st party stable of games.

Remember, one of the best open world games of all time dropped on the Switch, Breath of the Wild. It’s physics and natural world is more consistent, logical, and realistic than Horizon Zero Dawn, Ghist of Tsushima, and Red Dead Redemption.

What good is 4K if all you got to play is Crackdown 3 and Sea of Thieves?

Fun games >>> 100k resolution 1,000,000 FPS

funny. Y’all don’t say this when comparing PS to XBox

Meanwhile PSN bringing in more money than the other two competitors combined :stopitslime:

show me PS sales without Asia

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Fun games >>> 100k resolution 1,000,000 FPS

BOTW is an even better game emulated on PC :wow: I hate that performance and enjoyment are pitted against each other. Gaming is too mature at this point to not hold these devs and pubs to greater expectations. Resolution can be whatever it wants to be and performance can be tweaked accordingly.

Give me frames, fun, and fidelity :hubie: