The true winner of this gen can't even do 4k

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
People don’t play resolutions, they play games and the Switch has a solid 1st party stable of games.

Remember, one of the best open world games of all time dropped on the Switch, Breath of the Wild. It’s physics and natural world is more consistent, logical, and realistic than Ghist of Tsushima, and Red Dead Redemption.

What good is 4K if all you got to play is Crackdown 3 and Sea of Thieves?
:mjlol:
images

I understand it's a great game. and well executed, but it is in no way realistic. it looks like a childrens cartoon.

a realistic Zelda would have character designs closer to something like this
cad3d015797761.5603919860732.jpg

This is wayyy more realistic
3061198-arthur%20portrait%20transparent.png

everything-we-know-ghost-of-tsushima-about-jin-sakai.jpg

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
:mjlol:
images

I understand it's a great game. and well executed, but it is in no way realistic. it looks like a childrens cartoon.

a realistic Zelda would have character designs closer to something like this
cad3d015797761.5603919860732.jpg

This is wayyy more realistic
3061198-arthur%20portrait%20transparent.png

everything-we-know-ghost-of-tsushima-about-jin-sakai.jpg

You’re taking art style as the sole meaning of realism which isn’t the case. The below videos show how much more sophisticated BOTW is than other open world games.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
You’re taking art style as the sole meaning of realism which isn’t the case. The below videos show how much more sophisticated BOTW is than other open world games.

Your definition of realism is very different from mine. For me realism is about colors and textures and lighting.
The colors in BOTW look cartoonish and textures are perfect, no natural flaws. The light doesn't even reflect off shiny surfaces his sword looks more grey than metallic.looks like the world was colored to be daytime rather than illuminated by a natural light source. very unrealistic.It's not just about style, FF& remake has a very anime style to it but still done realistically.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People don’t play resolutions, they play games and the Switch has a solid 1st party stable of games.

Remember, one of the best open world games of all time dropped on the Switch, Breath of the Wild. It’s physics and natural world is more consistent, logical, and realistic than Horizon Zero Dawn, Ghist of Tsushima, and Red Dead Redemption.

This breh spittin
iXDjm38.png

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

I should point out that being realistic isn't necessarily a good or bad thing. and has no bearing on the quality of the game or how well it was made. It's simply an aesthetic choice.
I'm not saying the other games are better than BOTW. just more realistic.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Remember, one of the best open world games of all time dropped on the Switch, Breath of the Wild. It’s physics and natural world is more consistent, logical, and realistic than Horizon Zero Dawn, Ghist of Tsushima, and Red Dead Redemption.

Expose yourself brehs.

Sea of thieves and crackdown are cartoony not based on 4k high res stuff

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Your definition of realism is very different from mine. For me realism is about colors and textures and lighting.
The colors in BOTW look cartoonish and textures are perfect, no natural flaws. The light doesn't even reflect off shiny surfaces his sword looks more grey than metallic.looks like the world was colored to be daytime rather than illuminated by a natural light source. very unrealistic.It's not just about style, FF& remake has a very anime style to it but still done realistically.

Yeah but watch those videos...see how a rock doesn’t even slide down the mountain in the more realistic looking art style. Or how if I shoot an arrow in BOTW it’ll actually arc and land somewhere and I can pick it up...can’t do that in HZD. Or how if I shoot a fire arrow into grass in BOTW it starts a fire, in HZD it does nothing. Or if I hit a tree with a sword in BOTW it destroys the tree, in HZD the tree is unaffected.

I definitely think realism is a part of the art but it’s also in the physics and interaction with the environment.