The true winner of this gen can't even do 4k

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Man I was playing both Ghost of Tsushima and Assassin’s Creed Origins and thinking about how they felt so archaic when compared to Breath of the Wild. The open world in a lot of these AAA games are simply backdrops that connect Mission 1 to Mission 2. Devs add collectibles and fetch quests to these areas to make them seem apart of the game but in the end the open world never evolves beyond a big level select screen.

BOTW flipped this and made the open world apart of the mission. For one, instead of sprinkling the map with a ton of icons/quests, they gave you the icons and let you highlight what was important to you on the map. Secondly, the open world had a tangible impact on your ability to accomplish your tasks.

• Can’t just take your favorite metal sword and shield to the tropical area if it’s thundering, you’ll be electrocuted.
  • Can’t just wear your favorite tunic in 30 below weather, you’ll freeze.
  • You’re not just gonna climb that rock all Willy Nilly in the rain, you’ll slip.
  • You can’t just swim that large body of water, you don’t have enough stamina and die.
  • Can’t just start a fire to cook because it’s raining.

You constantly had to think about how to get from point A to B, it challenged you and made you be creative. All the shrines, divine beasts, and etc all felt like they took place within this same interconnected world governed by the same physics. The mission and the open world were in a lot of ways imperceivable, it was a dope experience.

I think Monolith has a strong role in development because it outclassed Mario Odyssey by so much....BOTW is a master piece.
I like it too because it can be as simple or complicated as you like it. Like fighting a guardian, you can be sneaky n hide behind trees, or boost up with a glider and continue boosting with fire arrows. Not to mention everything you can see is technically climbable. Really aint experienced nothin like it before.

shyt you can go straight to Calamity Ganon in your drawers after the intro. Game dont pad out time n force you to do anything you dont want to. If you understand the mechanics enough anything is possible.

i got gripes about the story n weapons breaking but the gameplay really made me eat crow, when it dropped i figured it was overrated. I was wrong.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
this man knows. :wow: :myman:

it’s a shame to hear ppl try and downplay this game at times smh

*edit*

I made my comment before reading thru the thread...that wasn’t a sideswipe at anyone

:whoa:

Nah sideswipe at these nikkas :mjgrin::mjgrin:

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
Nintendo just sold out (on amazon) of a $60 dollar collection of old ass Mario games and didn’t even add extra features. Just straight up bundled them and said here ya go. I have all of them and the old systems still, if I wanted to play them I could pull out the N64 or GameCube but I bought that shyt anyway. Nintendo got nostalgia charm on my generation.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah sideswipe at these nikkas :mjgrin::mjgrin:

nah...I try to be more direct...I have anonymity on here so why not :mjgrin:

but nah seriously it was no jabs just my honest feelings

I don’t like to be THAT dude who tries to act “smarter” bcuz I play certain games

but damn if you can’t appreciate BOTW then what else is there?

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
YES. :banderas:

it’s the truest iteration of open-world gaming I’ve seen
PessimisticNeighboringDalmatian-size_restricted.gif

talk to em!:jawalrus:

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Nintendo just sold out (on amazon) of a $60 dollar collection of old ass Mario games and didn’t even add extra features. Just straight up bundled them and said here ya go. I have all of them and the old systems still, if I wanted to play them I could pull out the N64 or GameCube but I bought that shyt anyway. Nintendo got nostalgia charm on my generation.
you know a lot of ppl esp kids todat never played these games right ? you're acting like this collection is only aimed at ppl whoeved played these before... hell i never played galaxy...so if you bought them before or whatever i guess u can say for that audience they're "getting over" on us...me personally yes i wanted remakes for all 3 games but what can you do ?....hell if u look at the youtube comments for this collection a lot of ppl are saying they never played any of the games...i doubt they give a fukk that the games arent getting a remake...gotta broader than just they're preying on nostalgia breh

Daps
:mjlol:
images

I understand it's a great game. and well executed, but it is in no way realistic. it looks like a childrens cartoon.

a realistic Zelda would have character designs closer to something like this
cad3d015797761.5603919860732.jpg

This is wayyy more realistic
3061198-arthur%20portrait%20transparent.png

everything-we-know-ghost-of-tsushima-about-jin-sakai.jpg
read he said its physics not the aesthetics

also that realistic link:hhh:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
read he said its physics not the aesthetics

also that realistic link:hhh:
He was talking about physics and aesthetics. realism implies art style not physics. There is no such thing as realistic physics. Physics is either real or not real.

Daps
He was talking about physics and aesthetics. realism implies art style not physics. There is no such thing as realistic physics. Physics is either real or not real.

He never referenced the aesthetics maybe there was some hidden implication you found

The term realistic doesn't mean 100% real

It means it replicates reality and the physics in BOTW not being able to climb wet walls, being knocked around ragdolled and ragdolling enemies (i know ragdoll physics exist but not to the extent of BOTW) carrying too much equipment making you sluggish, breakable weapons and there aren't weird invisible walls

In terms of pure physics engines it is more realistic than any game to date even if it has fantasy elements and is a cartoon.

Last edited: