The thought of J. Cole and Kendrick retiring one day without ever being truly battle-tested pisses me off

BBG

Superstar
Daps
That wasnt a battle most people dont even know they beefed. I just dont get how yall think having random disses cements a rapper’s legacy especially when they already considered one of the greats
You're never going to get the answer you're looking for because you keep asking questions that has nothing to do with the thread. Random disses do not cement a legacy, and I don't know who the hell made that claim but you. You're arguing with yourself. Not a soul in here is saying you supposed to go full Makaveli/50 on the industry to gain respect. Knock it off.

Daps
Who were Kendrick and Cole supposed to battle, exactly? By the time record labels started putting artists in Tony Hawk 900s, the South had a stranglehold on listeners not caring about lyricism.

Some of the blog-era rappers that didn't make the cut for whatever reason would have cleaned them up when it comes to bars (Factz, Fashawn, Blu, XV, etc.)

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
J Cole even ducked smoke from Diggy Simmons:mjlol:

It's a different generation to be fair. Kendrick and Cole never had any decent rivals, all their peers were cool with each other

Daps
You're never going to get the answer you're looking for because you keep asking questions that has nothing to do with the thread. Random disses do not cement a legacy, and I don't know who the hell made that claim but you. You're arguing with yourself. Not a soul in here is saying you supposed to go full Makaveli/50 on the industry to gain respect. Knock it off.
nikka relax and read. i brought up wayne and dudes trying to say he’s battle tested by having a few lines on a few songs. The one guy brings up the 50 diss but that wasnt a battle. And I didnt say yall said that, I was assuming what yall meant by “battle tested” by what yall were showing me

But ultimately I disagree either way so

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Is wayne battle tested? Kanye? It’s cool to have on your resume but it doesnt mean much in terms of greatness
He made (bad) dis recors to Pusha, 50, and called out Gillie by name (got smoked though). At least he had the heart.
nikka most people battle EARLY in their careers, like literally on the corner

it's how you learn punchlines and how to push yourself

once you get to the point where you can just speak your mind in raps and make money, why the hell do you NEED to battle anyone :gucci: you already put in your work early

Battles come naturally when you're on top, nikkas just soft now.
:ohhh:

I never peep this. Thats wild.... Even conscious nikka Common been in beefs. These 2 really never squabbled wit no one..... :dahell:

Its cause most these p*ssy nikkas would rather croon, sing or do gay shyt. Cole and Kendrick doin equivalent of averagin 30 in today NBA.... Which dont mean shyt wit how weak the era is :russ:

Outkast

Redman Dissed Hit Squad/Das Efx/PMD after the split, threw subs at all the fake Redmans, nobody had the heart to battle him

Mos Def (I think aside from callin out rappers for a 3v3 wit Los and Thought)

AZ 50

Who else in the top 50 dont got nothin wit no one?

So someone's music catalogue is in question because they focused on music

This who Tyler was talking about, y'all the problem breh
Tyler got washed by Low Effort Eminem and humbled by Rah Digga after coming out dissing whole swaths of rappers and talking shyt. He's a perfect example.
I agree with you on Wayne but Kanye is NOT one of the best RAPPERS in the past 20 years.

Y'all exposing yourselves. You cannot be any more direct than this.

Damn that was trash, but it counts:mjlol:
Rakim would fall into this category, so would OutKast
Rakim and Kane subbed each other. Eric B's (real goon) brother Ant Live (real goon) was Kane's roommate, close friend, and I think Road Manager. They kept it from happening. Probably to not fukk money up for the potential loser, but could be street issues as well. The picture on the back cover of the Paid In Full album is almost all PROBLEMS.
Kane ducked the fade on wax :manny:
No. See above.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Who were Kendrick and Cole supposed to battle, exactly? By the time record labels started putting artists in Tony Hawk 900s, the South had a stranglehold on listeners not caring about lyricism.

Some of the blog-era rappers that didn't make the cut for whatever reason would have cleaned them up when it comes to bars (Factz, Fashawn, Blu, XV, etc.)

Yep.

The South killed off Freestyles and battling on wax.

Thats why the likes of Desiigner sharked Future, and Future did NOTHING to battle back.

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A battle is only good
If the music is great to classic.

Unless they battle Each other, in the realm of that draft class, no one else would be able to produce the quality we ask for.

Ra never
Battled anyone. Did Kool G really
Battle krs? Did andre 3k?

Dont think its necessary

Daps
Who are they going to battle? The gen of rappers after them don't really care about competition or being the best. They really just trying to get their money and keep it moving. There's nothing wrong with that but it would be nice to see some on wax back and forth as long as it doesn't escalate.

Kendrick should've went directly at Drake and dropped his name years ago, subs isn't doing much.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
we been telling yall for over a decade now that these guys are industry plants.
and also that hip-hop has been completely dead for closer to 2 decades now.

yall ignore this stuff and call us crazy, but then sit around still wondering WHY.:beli:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Wayne at least made a dis track to Pusha and threw a direct shot to gillie

kanye I guess Drake

but Ye ain’t a rapper like that.

gillie sh*tted on wayne.
juvenile
Skip

wayne is food out here. but he always been a fraud so.....