The thought of J. Cole and Kendrick retiring one day without ever being truly battle-tested pisses me off

MasterThought

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I couldn't care less about a rapper being "battle tested" or not and I've been a hip-hop head for 30 years now. :mjlol:

Battles/beefs are like side missions in video games to me.

I need the actual MUSIC to be good.

50 Cent has been in as many rap beefs as anyone and I couldn't care less about him generally speaking.

Daps
I agree with you on Wayne but Kanye is NOT one of the best RAPPERS in the past 20 years.

Y'all exposing yourselves. You cannot be any more direct than this.

That’s considered one of the worst diss tracks of all time tho. Wayne never really had a full on battle with someone. Kendrick sent very obvious shots to drake on live tv that should count as battle tested if that song counts lol

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
Is it because most don't want to test them in a battle? What makes you think they won't destroy someone in a diss?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Yo this would've been crazy and I'm glad you mentioned it. I think it would've done a lot for both of their resumé had that taken place. I believe Kendrick would've lost, but held his own and then proceeded to drop fire after fire and would be unquestionably top 10. Can you sit here and say you have Kendrick in your top 10 right now? J. Cole?? I'm telling you, these dudes would be getting even more respect than they already have if they stayed true to that part of the culture and let nikkas have it.

Again, I ain't condoning violence. Battle rappers be killing each other whole crews and fukkin they baby mommas on stage and then dap it up at the end. We grown men, and battle is our sport. People don't want to say it, but we all gained a lot of respect for Drake and how he was wit all that shyt

alonzo-mourning.gif
Sean was gonna lose that due to who he was and still is dating...
:francis:

Your Welcome

Hear Too Help
Daps
I don't know what's worse, them not sending direct shots, or the rest of the industry allowing them to subtly shyt on all their peers and bragging about it on half their songs.

In this hip -hop shyt you gotta go to war and SURVIVE (winning isn't mandatory, but you can't get slaughtered either) to truly be considered a legend.

As good as both these dudes are, never going to war is not a good look. In fact, it's gotta be just up under ghost writing accusations in terms of marks against your legacy.
*worst

BBG

Superstar
Daps
I couldn't care less about a rapper being "battle tested" or not and I've been a hip-hop head for 30 years now. :mjlol:

Battles/beefs are like side missions in video games to me.

I need the actual MUSIC to be good.

50 Cent has been in as many rap beefs as anyone and I couldn't care less about him generally speaking.
I'm fukkin with the side quest analogy but you mean to tell me you can claim yourself the greatest of that game because you ran through the main story line even though you avoided every last bounty target (optional side quests) that could've gave yo ass that work?? Not my XBOX

Speaking of which, since you mentioned videogames, fukk witcha boy. I got a gaming channel for people that also be outside. Content for real nikkas type shyt. Just started but I ain't stoppin

BBG Forever

Is it because most don't want to test them in a battle? What makes you think they won't destroy someone in a diss?
I'm pulling a MJ23 and just manufacturing some beef then fukk it :mjlit:next nikka mention he the greatest while I'm on top finna get these bars, straight up. You only have to do this once, if you directly shyt on a nikka and make it clear you killing him for daring to reach for the crown on your head, you've done all you can do. At that point if ain't nobody saying shyt it is what it is.

Like I said Kenny was close with Control, especially since he named names... But it still wasn't really a diss. Nobody took it that way (which absolutely means they didn't respect it as such) so it can't count.

The reason hip hop has been on top for so long is because IT'S MORE THAN JUST MUSIC, and I don't think any other genre has ever been able to make that claim. This the shyt that come with that; stay true or let it die.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
I'm fukkin with the side quest analogy but you mean to tell me you can claim yourself the greatest of that game because you ran through the main story line even though you avoided every last bounty target (optional side quests) that could've gave yo ass that work?? Not my XBOX

Speaking of which, since you mentioned videogames, fukk witcha boy. I got a gaming channel for people that also be outside. Content for real nikkas type shyt. Just started but I ain't stoppin

BBG Forever

I'm pulling a MJ23 and just manufacturing some beef then fukk it :mjlit:next nikka mention he the greatest while I'm on top finna get these bars, straight up. You only have to do this once, if you directly shyt on a nikka and make it clear you killing him for daring to reach for the crown on your head, you've done all you can do. At that point if ain't nobody saying shyt it is what it is.

Like I said Kenny was close with Control, especially since he named names... But it still wasn't really a diss. Nobody took it that way (which absolutely means they didn't respect it as such) so it can't count.

The reason hip hop has been on top for so long is because IT'S MORE THAN JUST MUSIC, and I don't think any other genre has ever been able to make that claim. This the shyt that come with that; stay true or let it die.

Disses and battles are a big part of Hip Hop so I at least give some credit to Kendrick to try and stir up some attention for other artists to step it up. It’s obvious some don’t want to battle cause someone will come out a loser.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Disses and battles are a big part of Hip Hop so I at least give some credit to Kendrick to try and stir up some attention for other artists to step it up. It’s obvious some don’t want to battle cause someone will come out a loser.

I forgot kendrick had NY MCs in a frenzy at 1 point :whew: