The thought of J. Cole and Kendrick retiring one day without ever being truly battle-tested pisses me off

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know what's worse, them not sending direct shots, or the rest of the industry allowing them to subtly shyt on all their peers and bragging about it on half their songs.

In this hip -hop shyt you gotta go to war and SURVIVE (winning isn't mandatory, but you can't get slaughtered either) to truly be considered a legend.

As good as both these dudes are, never going to war is not a good look. In fact, it's gotta be just up under ghost writing accusations in terms of marks against your legacy.
War is bad for business - we are in peace time.

You want war - Meek and Pusha are your best bet

Daps
Rap was birthed through battling though. Rap is the only genre that is almost sport like
I wouldn't really say that, Gospel, Blues & Jazz all have (or had) their own forms of what we call battling. Rap is the only one keeping the tradition though.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Funny seeing how some nikkas changed their tune. Went from saying how it would be a pointless battle and we don't need that negativity, but when Cole bows out and acknowledged he made a mistake by dissing, they're disappointed at him.