The thought of J. Cole and Kendrick retiring one day without ever being truly battle-tested pisses me off

u mad son?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everyone's scared of getting their careers ended / reputation ruined.

Its more about how can we continue making money and fans, they're scared. At most they'll throw a sub to get talked about by nerds/gossip mongers like Ackademics on social media

Soft era of MC's. Even the old school MC's are guilty of it, they'll talk about how this generation is weak as fukk and then when asked about it on radio or podcast theyll give ratings to some of the weakest MCs around just to try and seem relevant/not like haters knowing they cant quote a single one of their song names or lyrics.
Then people will come through defending it on some "why are you promoting beef and violence :flabbynsick:" like every MC is deep into street ties that will lead to a Pac/Big type of situation.

Half of these mans have no ties to the streets and its not that deep at all, at most they'll get a few memes thrown around on the net for a few months and be back.

As every decade goes by another element of Hip Hop gets stripped away and talked down upon and we wonder why the genre is getting more and more retarded.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Both of them have sent shots

Nobody wanted to fight back

Drake and Kendrick been subbing each other for awhile
Kendrick shot at everyone on control
Kendrick shot at Jay elec
Kendrick shot at big sean

cole shot at Kanye And Wale

Plus cole is not a street rapper or into that at all
Dude is not about dissing at all

It is what it is

BBG

Superstar
Daps
Battling is not something that we should be getting rid of in the culture or making it only about two nikkas on stage saying mean things to each other. We need that shyt back in the mainstream. Has there been a battle worth talking about since Pusha/Drake? It's been five years now, I'm tired of these new nikkas who only either wanna be best friends or kill each other. Rap, nikka, damn...

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
Yall give Drake props for losing rap battles and shyt on Kendrick for other rappers ducking him
:dead:

The smoke that Kendrick and Cole have begged for their entire careers

Even Big Sean said he reached out to Kendrick to dead their "beef" out of love

Cole, Sean and Kendrick are better MCs than
The_Story_of_Adidon_-_Pusha_T.jpg

The Aubrey stannery in here is too much

BBG

Superstar
Daps
Yall give Drake props for losing rap battles and shyt on Kendrick for other rappers ducking him

:russell:If Kendrick shot at the Drakes directly we all know they would have responded, and quickly. He ain't want them problems.

But in Kenny's defense if that nikka said my name in the Control verse I absolutely would have taken it as a diss and been ready to war on the mic. Everybody who didn't p*ssy, I felt that way then and I feel that way now.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO

I saw dudes get dissed for less

this is when I definitely knew Dot ain’t want it

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest

I saw dudes get dissed for less

this is when I definitely knew Dot ain’t want it

What did Drake do after this?

He cried to Angela Martinez. He cried to Marcellus Wiley

Then scrapped the ESPN interview because he was afraid of Kendrick ending his career
:unimpressed:

Drake didn't want it. He never wants it

He's a p*ssy. Same nikka that wrote thoughtful IG juelzing about black face. And ran to Lebron on his "I am a good father" press run after he got ethered

But yall are crying about Kendrick being scared. Yall are just biased. Yall are fans of the most bytchmade fraudulent rapper of all time. None of yall can tell me any different
:unimpressed:

Sane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London Town
Battling is not something that we should be getting rid of in the culture or making it only about two nikkas on stage saying mean things to each other. We need that shyt back in the mainstream. Has there been a battle worth talking about since Pusha/Drake? It's been five years now, I'm tired of these new nikkas who only either wanna be best friends or kill each other. Rap, nikka, damn...
Royce and Lupe

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

He basically told 50 to enjoy his run while it lasts, cats just didn't care about it... "what if I put out bullshyt joints like AZ" nuff said

What you should be asking is how come he never had the heart to respond to E-40...