The thought of J. Cole and Kendrick retiring one day without ever being truly battle-tested pisses me off

Bickin Back Being Bool

The Devil My Opp
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto, Kanada
:stopitslime: wayne? Really? The wayne that made a line about kidnapping beyonce if jayz keeps throwing submimimals at birdman? That wayne ? :stopitslime: On a major album as well. Somd of the coldest lines ever :wow:

Jay-Z said he dont got baby (birdman) money

I dont even think jayz ever responded after that :russ:

Hov responded on this song

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Yo this would've been crazy and I'm glad you mentioned it. I think it would've done a lot for both of their resumé had that taken place. I believe Kendrick would've lost, but held his own and then proceeded to drop fire after fire and would be unquestionably top 10. Can you sit here and say you have Kendrick in your top 10 right now? J. Cole?? I'm telling you, these dudes would be getting even more respect than they already have if they stayed true to that part of the culture and let nikkas have it.

Again, I ain't condoning violence. Battle rappers be killing each other whole crews and fukkin they baby mommas on stage and then dap it up at the end. We grown men, and battle is our sport. People don't want to say it, but we all gained a lot of respect for Drake and how he was wit all that shyt

alonzo-mourning.gif
So you have Kendrick losing to Drake (which shouldn't even qualify since Drake has writers)...

Kendrick losing to Sean...

Why do you need to see a niqqa battle if you don't believe he'll do anything?
I'm fukkin with the side quest analogy but you mean to tell me you can claim yourself the greatest of that game because you ran through the main story line even though you avoided every last bounty target (optional side quests) that could've gave yo ass that work?? Not my XBOX

Speaking of which, since you mentioned videogames, fukk witcha boy. I got a gaming channel for people that also be outside. Content for real nikkas type shyt. Just started but I ain't stoppin

BBG Forever

I'm pulling a MJ23 and just manufacturing some beef then fukk it :mjlit:next nikka mention he the greatest while I'm on top finna get these bars, straight up. You only have to do this once, if you directly shyt on a nikka and make it clear you killing him for daring to reach for the crown on your head, you've done all you can do. At that point if ain't nobody saying shyt it is what it is.

Like I said Kenny was close with Control, especially since he named names... But it still wasn't really a diss. Nobody took it that way (which absolutely means they didn't respect it as such) so it can't count.

The reason hip hop has been on top for so long is because IT'S MORE THAN JUST MUSIC, and I don't think any other genre has ever been able to make that claim. This the shyt that come with that; stay true or let it die.

Drake sure did which is why they're in a Cold War 10 years strong.

BBG

Superstar
Daps
So you have Kendrick losing to Drake (which shouldn't even qualify since Drake has writers)...

Kendrick losing to Sean...

Why do you need to see a niqqa battle if you don't believe he'll do anything?

Drake sure did which is why they're in a Cold War 10 years strong.
What are y'all on with this cold war shyt :mjlol:i don't honor subs at all in either direction, don't even acknowledge them. shyt gay after a while, keepin another man on ya mind for that long without just addressing the issue directly. That's a wash

as for Kendrick losing battles,I told you he doesn't have to win the battle to earn respect. He simply needs to be willing to put himself out there as a supposed greatest of all time SHOULD be willing to do.

Exact same rules in boxing. Or any other sport. Again, that's the beautiful thing about the my love hip-hop. It's not just music, it's not just art, it's not just sport, it's not just jewelry, and bytches, and so on and so forth. For better or for worse, it's ALL that shyt, and so much more.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
What are y'all on with this cold war shyt :mjlol:i don't honor subs at all in either direction, don't even acknowledge them. shyt gay after a while, keepin another man on ya mind for that long without just addressing the issue directly. That's a wash

as for Kendrick losing battles,I told you he doesn't have to win the battle to earn respect. He simply needs to be willing to put himself out there as a supposed greatest of all time SHOULD be willing to do.

Exact same rules in boxing. Or any other sport. Again, that's the beautiful thing about the my love hip-hop. It's not just music, it's not just art, it's not just sport, it's not just jewelry, and bytches, and so on and so forth. For better or for worse, it's ALL that shyt, and so much more.
Subs have been present forever. This "must say his name" shyt isn't the end all be all, and it's irrelevant to what I said, which is Drake took "Control" as a diss, which has them sending subs in the first place.

Again, there's no real reason to battle, and by putting out Control, Kendrick, person you think is gonna lose against everyone, was the one most willing to get it going. Nobody has real issues with another to come from the woodwork dissing. Kendrick and Drake have the most static because it's evident Kendrick doesn't respect Drake as a figure in the culture.

If it's ALL that shyt, this one thing isn't the gatekeeper.

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Tons of rappers never battled and are considered all time greats. And rappers subliminally talk shyt... its pretty much the staple of being a rapper, to talk about how much better you are than everyone else.

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Subs have been present forever. This "must say his name" shyt isn't the end all be all, and it's irrelevant to what I said, which is Drake took "Control" as a diss, which has them sending subs in the first place.

Again, there's no real reason to battle, and by putting out Control, Kendrick, person you think is gonna lose against everyone, was the one most willing to get it going. Nobody has real issues with another to come from the woodwork dissing. Kendrick and Drake have the most static because it's evident Kendrick doesn't respect Drake as a figure in the culture.

If it's ALL that shyt, this one thing isn't the gatekeeper.

Both them nikkas got beat up by Diddy.... props to J cole for jumping in to fight puff to save Kendrick though