The thought of J. Cole and Kendrick retiring one day without ever being truly battle-tested pisses me off

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Is wayne battle tested? Kanye? It’s cool to have on your resume but it doesnt mean much in terms of greatness
:stopitslime: wayne? Really? The wayne that made a line about kidnapping beyonce if jayz keeps throwing submimimals at birdman? That wayne ? :stopitslime: On a major album as well. Somd of the coldest lines ever :wow:

Jay-Z said he dont got baby (birdman) money

I dont even think jayz ever responded after that :russ:

Last edited:
Daps

Sorry breh i forgot ye is cancelled again, we must not speak of his name in a positive matter cuz masta watching

shh-bequiet.gif

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
:stopitslime: wayne? Really? The wayne that made a line about kidnapping beyonce if jayz keeps throwing submimimals at birdman? That wayne ? :stopitslime: On a major album as well. Somd of the coldest lines ever :wow:

Jay-Z said he dont got baby (birdman) money

I dont even think jayz ever responded after that :russ:

Uh nikkas wanna kidnap wifey
Good luck with that bruh
You must gon' hide your whole family
What you think we wearing black for
Ready for that war
Ready for that war ready
You ain't ready yo, you radio you ain't really ready

BBG

Superstar
Daps
nikka most people battle EARLY in their careers, like literally on the corner

it's how you learn punchlines and how to push yourself

once you get to the point where you can just speak your mind in raps and make money, why the hell do you NEED to battle anyone :gucci: you already put in your work early

Name a legend that hasn't been battle tested during their career. Wayne was openly calling nikkas out directly so I don't know why he was mentioned. You can't battle if everytime you pull up mfs get to 🏃🏾🏃🏾 every damn time. As for Kanye I have no idea why his name was brought up. The man is a legendary producer and artist, he does not qualify for the GOAT rapper discussion.

Now, either we admitting Cole/Kenny have such an impact on the game we're changing the criteria to let them in (which I'm fine with if that's what we doin) OR you have to acknowledge this will forever hold them out of that same GOAT discussion we exclude Drake from, albeit for different reasons. This isn't to say they aren't legendary acts, of course they are. I'm talking strictly emceeing, which HAS to include writing ya own shyt AND believing you the best and willing to war with anyone else who dares make that claim while you actively getting busy. That one dude was being weird talking about actual violence and death n shyt. Common/Drake (amongst many others) showed you how you can beef and keep it respectfully hip-hop.

"you ain't wet nobody nikka, you Canada dry" :ehh:

"It bothers me when the gods get to acting like the broads" :mjlol:

To be the best you gotta be great in every category. They will have an "i" for incomplete on their report cards for beef. It's childish as hell when I put it like that but you know I'm right:pachaha:

Trace

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Name a legend that hasn't been battle tested during their career. Wayne was openly calling nikkas out directly so I don't know why he was mentioned. You can't battle if everytime you pull up mfs get to 🏃🏾🏃🏾 every damn time. As for Kanye I have no idea why his name was brought up. The man is a legendary producer and artist, he does not qualify for the GOAT rapper discussion.

Now, either we admitting Cole/Kenny have such an impact on the game we're changing the criteria to let them in (which I'm fine with if that's what we doin) OR you have to acknowledge this will forever hold them out of that same GOAT discussion we exclude Drake from, albeit for different reasons. This isn't to say they aren't legendary acts, of course they are. I'm talking strictly emceeing, which HAS to include writing ya own shyt AND believing you the best and willing to war with anyone else who dares make that claim while you actively getting busy. That one dude was being weird talking about actual violence and death n shyt. Common/Drake (amongst many others) showed you how you can beef and keep it respectfully hip-hop.

"you ain't wet nobody nikka, you Canada dry" :ehh:

"It bothers me when the gods get to acting like the broads" :mjlol:

To be the best you gotta be great in every category. They will have an "i" for incomplete on their report cards for beef. It's childish as hell when I put it like that but you know I'm right:pachaha:
At least you acknowledge that lol.

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
:ohhh:

I never peep this. Thats wild.... Even conscious nikka Common been in beefs. These 2 really never squabbled wit no one..... :dahell:

Its cause most these p*ssy nikkas would rather croon, sing or do gay shyt. Cole and Kendrick doin equivalent of averagin 30 in today NBA.... Which dont mean shyt wit how weak the era is :russ:

Outkast

Redman

Mos Def (I think aside from callin out rappers for a 3v3 wit Los and Thought)

AZ

Who else in the top 50 dont got nothin wit no one?

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I don't know what's worse, them not sending direct shots, or the rest of the industry allowing them to subtly shyt on all their peers and bragging about it on half their songs.

In this hip -hop shyt you gotta go to war and SURVIVE (winning isn't mandatory, but you can't get slaughtered either) to truly be considered a legend.

As good as both these dudes are, never going to war is not a good look. In fact, it's gotta be just up under ghost writing accusations in terms of marks against your legacy.
You ain't slick.

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
Two youngens that became multi-millionaires in the business in this era is ok with me.
Battling these days causes all types of stress and extreme f-ery by a segment of fans.

Edit: Ice T said he's trying to run a business around here. :laugh:

2Pac - Temptations​

Last edited:

BBG

Superstar
Daps
You ain't slick.
Slick about what? I'm saying it very plainly. Drake is excluded from the table this thread is about because of the excessive ghostwriting. A pop hit here and there once you've already ascended to legend status is one thing but breh put out a random mixtape with half of it written by Quentin Miller come on breh. I got Kenny and Cole over Drake because their pens have never been questioned, ever.

But battling is a real , respectable part of the culture. Only new nikkas like @GreenGhxst would try to change the argument and make it ONLY about music when we talking about HIP-HOP. I don't understand how we can be sitting here on a hip-hop forum and I gotta explain why there's more to the CULTURE than the music itself. I'm just happy there's some of y'all who understood before I ever had to explain.

Nobody is questioning the music.

J Cole basically dared any MC to come at him on Johnny P’s Caddy. It’s not his fault rappers like Kendrick Lamar were more focused on making tinker bell albums last year :unimpressed:

I lol'd but nah. That JP's Caddy verse, as flames as it was, was even less direct than Control. Y'all forget Control literally named names. It's almost why I didn't want to put him in this with Cole but he's had enough subs sent his way to where he should've been like fukk it and bombed first.

I'm not convinced Kenny would do well in battle, and deep down I think his fans know it too. Nothing wrong with being a top 10 concept artist, but I don't know if I can put him in my top 10 of rappers ever.

Cole is the one that really pisses me off though cuz it's obvious his rap style is meant to annihilate dudes in war but he'd rather just be humble "take the high road" and appear homeless every day in peace smh

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
:ohhh:

I never peep this. Thats wild.... Even conscious nikka Common been in beefs. These 2 really never squabbled wit no one..... :dahell:

Its cause most these p*ssy nikkas would rather croon, sing or do gay shyt. Cole and Kendrick doin equivalent of averagin 30 in today NBA.... Which dont mean shyt wit how weak the era is :russ:

Outkast

Redman

Mos Def (I think aside from callin out rappers for a 3v3 wit Los and Thought)

AZ

Who else in the top 50 dont got nothin wit no one?

AZ went at it with 50 Cent