The Stupidity of WCW

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Is there a reason why they didn't pre-tape that segment? Then again Goldberg was an idiot for losing the pipe and thinking that punching out windows with his bare hands was a good idea.

It was pre-taped. Thunder was never live. Goldberg kind of ruined it all by punching the window for real. It's not like they could reshoot it after he was all sliced up.

I wasn't watching WCW back then but did his injury ultimately speed up WCW's demise or were they basically on borrowed time anyway?

WCW was on borrowed time by as early as January of 1998. Anyone that says shyt like Russo killed WCW bought into WWE's revisionist history. WCW was clearly rudderless after Starrcade 1997. No leadership, no clear direction, 80% of the roster was interchangeable. WCW from 1998-2001 existed solely on the momentum accrued in 1996-1997. It was terminal by early 1998 and nothing could save it.

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
They always shyt of certain things

But it was ok when vince won the belt on smackdown. Vince won the rumble in 99.

Then later years hhh champ of raw with it being handed to him. Vince champ of ecw
latest

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
I was legit an avid watcher of Smackdown until the WWF bought WCW and ECW and all the story lines became confusing to me

Them I got tired and stopped caring, haven't really paid attention to it since 2002

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
I've always felt that one of the things that killed WCW was that the main event scene was stagnated. You had the cruserweights and the midcarders shouldering the workload and carrying the TV Shows and the PPVS, while the main eventers stunk up the card. Every show, you had guys sleepwalking through their matches and cutting the same promos. Young wrestlers like Booker, Jericho, Eddie, etc. being told to wait your turn or you'll be nothing more than a midcarder. Bischoff daring wrestlers to leave if they didn't like the way they were treated and money being spent like a drunken sailor because of those Goddamned guaranteed contracts. After a good number of wrestlers that got pushed aside left and the main eventers stayed home injured or otherwise, that's when WCW went into panic mode, but it was too late then.