The Stupidity of WCW

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
• Juventud Guerrera was (rightly) fired after the Australian tour because he, in a drug-influenced moment of madness, took off his clothes and started screaming that he was going to kill himself in the middle of a hotel near the restaurant where many of the wrestlers were eating. He was eventually arrested and was lucky not to face criminal charges. What's funny is that WCW fired him but didn't tell him. Juvi didn't find out until some of his friends phoned him wishing him all the best after seeing the news on the internet
The mental image of several WCW wrestlers eating food at the hotel restaurant while drugged up Juventud Guerrera is in the hotel lobby naked screaming about killing himself has me in tears :laff:

For some reason, I also imagine no one batting an eye at this because of the regular amount of fukkery that was going on at the time :deadrose:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly I think what WWE has put out the past few years is worse than WCW lol. The in-ring work is better but the storylines and characters are just as bad if not worse.
not even close
wwe is just stale
they are not disorganized, imcompent, or full blown retarded like wcw was those last couple of years.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
There was definitely a slightly sloppy in-ring aspect to WCW throughout its existence in some forms. Sure the cruiserweights, Horsemen, Dangerous Alliance, Steamboat, etc were smooth and crisp but there was alot of raw talent on their television that needed help. Plus their finishes were absolutely horrid over the years, from the beginning of WCW to the end. And I say this as someone who loved WCW to its dying day

what other American promotion had better in-ring action than WCW in the '90s??

Cheercomp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what other American promotion had better in-ring action than WCW in the '90s??
But if each show only had 2 good matches, is that a good show? Cmon lets be objective here.... Both promotions had some good in-ring action along with some trash

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
But if each show only had 2 good matches, is that a good show? Cmon lets be objective here.... Both promotions had some good in-ring action along with some trash

only 2 good matches per show now?? youre downplaying hard.'

im also not sure what era youre referring to.

but the bottom line is, if you cant argue that there was an American product with better wrestling than them in the '90s, then what are criticizing them for?

EDIT: it seems like youre trying to boost the WWF on the slick.
at no point in the '90s was the WWF as good as WCW when it came to ring-work.
hell, the WWF wasn't even #2 in that category half the time.

Last edited:

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
They booked the New Blood vs Millionaires Club completely backwards.

The young up and comers who have been held back were the heels, and the old guard past their prime hogging all the TV time were the faces

made sense to me.

the old guard had far bigger names.

its like expecting Nexxus to be faces.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
made sense to me.

the old guard had far bigger names.

its like expecting Nexxus to be faces.

Nexus were a group of [mostly] randos that started off completely dismantling the roster including announcers, time keepers, various faces, and the owner of the company. The dudes in WCW were simply guys held down and wanting opportunities that were being hogged by old dudes. Which one sounds like the faces to you?

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Nexus were a group of [mostly] randos that started off completely dismantling the roster including announcers, time keepers, various faces, and the owner of the company. The dudes in WCW were simply guys held down and wanting opportunities that were being hogged by old dudes. Which one sounds like the faces to you?

are you gonna cheer for billy Kidman if he wrestles Sting??

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
not even close
wwe is just stale
they are not disorganized, imcompent, or full blown retarded like wcw was those last couple of years.
One of the many reasons Russo’s stuff turned me off as a WCW viewer was so many stupid worked shoots based on internet and dirt sheet behind the scenes stuff that I knew nothing about.

I was an avid Monday night wrestling watcher, but I wasn’t looking up shyt on the internet and calling hotlines and stuff.

Russo’s shyt catered to that crowd,
who were a minority of viewers and left the rest of us like :dwillhuh:

I’m like wtf I didn’t know Hogan and Billy Kidman had beef. All of it was so forced...no buildup, no suspenseful storytelling.

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Honestly I think what WWE has put out the past few years is worse than WCW lol. The in-ring work is better but the storylines and characters are just as bad if not worse.

not even close
wwe is just stale

the only thing that’s not close is how bad it is now in comparison to the stories you heard about WCW.

The money is the only thing keeping people there and some people don’t even want that anymore:mjlol: