The Stupidity of WCW

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
That New Blood blood coming from the ceiling shyt was so stupid. At first they made it seem like it was Vampiro, then the announcers had to explain that it wasn’t just Vampiro, it was anyone in New Blood.

The crowd reaction used to be :beli:

I remember when it missed Nash and he had to walk into it and fall. :russ:

Russo was a classic case of a fraudulent bum finessing his way to his position he was never qualified for.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Honestly I think what WWE has put out the past few years is worse than WCW lol. The in-ring work is better but the storylines and characters are just as bad if not worse.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Honestly I think what WWE has put out the past few years is worse than WCW lol. The in-ring work is better but the storylines and characters are just as bad if not worse.

You really think the inring is better?:ld:

I don’t know.... a Shorty G vs Baron match is no where near as good as say a Ice Train vs Billy Kidman match.

Heavy Machinery vs Bobby Roode & Adolph is NO WHERE as entertaining as say Harlem Heat vs Raven & Saturn:leon:

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
You really think the inring is better?:ld:

I don’t know.... a Shorty G vs Baron match is no where near as good as say a Ice Train vs Billy Kidman match.

Heavy Machinery vs Bobby Roode & Adolph is NO WHERE as entertaining as say Harlem Heat vs Raven & Saturn:leon:

I won't say it's better, I'll say that the skills of the in-ring talent are better. But for the most part they have the same bullshyt ass matches from top to bottom that don't allow them to display their skill fully.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
I won't say it's better, I'll say that the skills of the in-ring talent are better. But for the most part they have the same bullshyt ass matches from top to bottom that don't allow them to display their skill fully.

what WCW were you watching??

they stayed putting on kick-ass matches. chit was guaranteed.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
what WCW were you watching??

they stayed putting on kick-ass matches. chit was guaranteed.
It got bad when Russo and Ferrara came along in October 1999. It started getting back good in the spring/early summer 2000 when they started really pushing the Power Plant guys like Elix Skipper, 3 Count, etc.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
It got bad when Russo and Ferrara came along in October 1999. It started getting back good in the spring/early summer 2000 when they started really pushing the Power Plant guys like Elix Skipper, 3 Count, etc.

yea, WCW had gotten dry via overkill and too much content by '99, but russo & ferrara were not the answer. they made it unwatchable.

I noticed it started getting better by 2000 when they had the new blood rising stuff and all that, but it was too late. i mean, im sure they could've lingered around and eventually bounced back in a couple years if they didn't get screwed in that buyout. they would've had most of the O.G. TNA roster on a bigger platform.

Cheercomp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL

There was definitely a slightly sloppy in-ring aspect to WCW throughout its existence in some forms. Sure the cruiserweights, Horsemen, Dangerous Alliance, Steamboat, etc were smooth and crisp but there was alot of raw talent on their television that needed help. Plus their finishes were absolutely horrid over the years, from the beginning of WCW to the end. And I say this as someone who loved WCW to its dying day