"The South fukked up Hip Hop's sound"

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
why don't people ever call out the real culprits?

the people behind the curtain that force-fed the dumber southern records in the mid-00s & beyond, and made it THE sound, and made everybody else chase that sound in hopes of placement.

just simply blaming the south gets us nowhere.

the souths production sound is basically the best thing about hiphop these last few years. NY hasn't had a good batch of producers come out since the fukking justblaze/heatmakers era. NY has no one to blame but NY. NY became irrelevant because it is now a culturally stagnant generic gentrified cosmopolitan city.

people just gotta stop acting like the east coast doesn't exist outside of new York,

Camron & vado basically laid down a blueprint with araab muzik. but arab is from rhode island, so he got ignored.

and philly producers laid another blueprint down. also ignored, and meek millz had to go down south to get national exposure.

new York could've rode these waves to prominence like jay-z did.

Last edited:

ThaEruditious

She luv it over here like Gold Watch.
Daps
Reppin
Nashville/Augusta
e0HUr8U4_o.png

:deadmanny:

The Connoisseurs

Superstar
Daps
1. U mentioned "origins" which alludes to the black urban disco and funk scene
2. There was never an influx of gay disco/club culture into hip hop origins like there was a clear influx of direct stripper culture into southern music. Your confusing hip hop with house music. Disco at one point was black, street and urban
3. Bambaataa is credited as a pioneer but origins predate him. It would be like saying the origins of rock was:dame: because of pioneers like little richard

1 funk was never on that funny wave, the

2 lol they dressed like fishes and YMCA characters what you mentioned about house music also applies to disco..point being it was there

3 .. pioneer right ?

It is what it is bounce music comes from sissybounce

:yeshrug:

And what’s so bad about stripper culture or girls getting naked .. that was cardi B’s whole brand she prospered the biggest off of that.

Her , eve and amber rose

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
And for the record early 90s - early '00s southern rap goes but y'all can keep this microwave trap nonsense. Atlanta's sound used to be slick af and cool, now it's just dumbass jiggaboo music. When I'm at the barbershop, etc. I can't help but :scust: at that trash ass shyt. Buncha obnoxious 80s patterns and dudes who can barely sing doing that same lame-ass auto-tune dumbed down Lord Infamous flow. I'm sick of it.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
south really blew up in the late 90's but it took over fully by the mid 2000's
i remember back in the late nineties when radio stations still practiced regionalism
Drove down south to sc to visit fam and "Back that thing up" came on.... huge culture shock:mjlol: My family couldnt believe how country juve was sounding. But ultimately fukked with the song nonetheless

I would say the south was buzzing with no limit,cash money etc. But the late nineties belonged to a war torn NYC coming off the east coast-west coast beef/war... and the deaths of biggie and pac

With the ascension of the newly crowned kony jay-z, with DMX, big pun etc.

Going into the 2000's Murda inc ja rule ashanti,terror squad,Dip set and G-Unit/50 cent era

The south took over after that

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I would say the south was buzzing with no limit,cash money etc. But the late nineties belonged to a war torn NYC coming off the east coast-west coast beef/war... and the deaths of biggie and pac

With the ascension of the newly crowned kony jay-z, with DMX, big pun etc.

Going into the 2000's Murda inc ja rule ashanti,terror squad,Dip set and G-Unit/50 cent era

The south took over after that

nah bro.

the south was just as big as the east in the late '90s.
and big pun had a huge hit but he wasn't really a star like that.

you can argue that the east coast moved back ahead of the south at some point in the early '00s after no limit & cash money cooled off tho.

And what’s so bad about stripper culture or girls getting naked .. that was cardi B’s whole brand she prospered the biggest off of that.

Her , eve and amber rose

being an ex-stripper was never part of Eve's brand.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
1 funk was never on that funny wave, the
You didnt finish the sentence
2 lol they dressed like fishes and YMCA characters what you mentioned about house music also applies to disco..point being it was there
LOL Funk entertainers dressed in some of the most eccentric most out-there ways. U most not be familiar lol. Early disco started out as black and urban not gay. That was a later attachment
3 .. pioneer right ?
Yes ONE of the pioneers. Its a moot point since him being dl was of no consequence to the culture. There was no direct gay music influences in early hiphop origin culture

It is what it is bounce music comes from sissybounce

:yeshrug:

Her , eve and amber rose
Allowing strippers to dictate what was hot
In the red

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I dont remember the south being a thing until the late nineties. With juve,no limit and cash money
It was to the point, that 90'snyers got culture shock just listening to southern music at first
The mid nineties was the heart of the west coast east coast beef. The south wasnt in the picture like that overall
The only southern nikkas being bumped was the ghetto boys back than

The south as a region didnt blow up till 2005
OutKast and Scarface were most definitely on just before that. 5 mics in the source, plat/multi plat, charting top 3 and shyt when it wasn’t a normal thing. But other than that it wasn’t really a “movement” until those you mentioned. One thing I always found weird about the south though is that it’s like half of the country and population but people act like it’s the size of Brooklyn and homogeneous like Iceland.

Last edited:

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY

nah bro.

the south was just as big as the east in the late '90s.
and big pun had a huge hit but he wasn't really a star like that.

you can argue that the east coast moved back ahead of the south at some point in the early '00s after no limit & cash money cooled off tho.

being an ex-stripper was never part of Eve's brand.
no limit and cash were flash in the pan

Who was bigger than Hov And X in the south culturally and in the game in the late 90's

The Connoisseurs

Superstar
Daps
In the red

1 typo .. but funk wasn’t that funny in the light compared to disco

2 point being when disco was in its later years and was dying was around the time the same time hip-hop(which took a few of its elements) was in the kitchen brewing up with some of those ingredients

3 the way melle Mel dressed was offensive ... and scary

Women and children(by extension) are the number 1 consumers in the world.

And no ones tryna bump music in a sweaty club basement with large hoodies nodding there head to hard raps with no females around. That’s not wavy

Most strippers get put on to music by P.I’s and D-boy’s