"The South fukked up Hip Hop's sound"

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Not to mention, it's always someone from the East Coast complaining about the South. You never hear anyone from the West or the Midwest saying shyt.

Never heard any of them whining. But that’s because we’ve always been down with the West and Midwest. It was NY that had the problem with everybody else and now it’s come back to bite em in the ass

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Always shyt on the south, but ignore the up north artists who the machine used to start mixing different region's sounds together

Cause that would mean going at Jay-Z, and white supremacy. And they don't want smoke

I'm dissappointed in Rah

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
In the mid 90s the South revitalized hiphop...sonically and lyrically

Once the 2000s hit...then the corny parts of Southern hiphop started creeping in(all the snap, partyboy, ringtone shyt)

Still ppl complaining about the South are corny af
revisionist history. In the mid 90's the south was completely drowned out by the east and west coast:comeon:

Flawdaboi

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Tampa
Well

Auto tune (as we know it today...not it's proper usage) really popped off with T pain and Wayne.

The stupid dances kind of begins with D4L and Dem Franchise boyz

Mentally handicap guys singing about their dikks happened with Ying Yang twins.

Ringtone rap started with Flip.

All those garbage ass fruity loop beats became popular thanks to soulja boy.

I hate garbage apologists.

I hear ya.. I also hate ppl who call out people for doing the same thing, their favs do! All the shyt you talked about, NY artists did the same shyt afterwards LOL
ALL them nikkas did songs with those "trash" south artists and rapped on the same beats when $$$ started to look funny

flavor-flav-is-enjoying-his-marriage-life-with-wife-and-children-find-out-more-about-his-personal-life-and-affairs.jpg

sporticus

https://bit.ly/36fn72e
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah. The South made hip-hop better if you ask me. A little something for everybody. They got lyricists too. NYC is still playing the bitter old hater card and that hasn't worked for years. I disagree that they shouldn't have "bitten" the South's sound. They should've bit it even harder. There are no more regions. Do whatever the hell you want. Stop trying to cater to these so-called gatekeepers. They don't buy records.