"The South fukked up Hip Hop's sound"

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Late 90s, X was not popular in the south.

When X took off it was from the song he had with "Sisqo"

nikkas wasn't fukking with X like that down here. nikkas wasn't even on X when he was on 24 hours,

That song he did with Sisqo pushed his play down here.

If you feel that way, What song in 1998 was nikkas fukking with in the South?? What song did nikkas play in their radios in 1998 or at parties/clubs in the SOUTH??
The south is a whole region. One city doesn't represent the south. X was popular in Texas

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
The south is a whole region. One city doesn't represent the south. X was popular in Texas

Breh.

The south is connected in many ways than how it is now. You do know, that HBCUs was where shyt popped off at. Freak Nik, Kappa Beach, Magic City Classic, Bayou Classic, Heritage Bowl, these spots was where all blacks would meet up at, back then you would hear the hottest music in the club, outside in the parking lots, dorm rooms, the union, etc.

Remove the Internet outta your mind because nikkas didn't have the Internet.

What song outside of the one with him and Sisqo made, were nikkas bumping at these events by X that got these parties hype in the South??

nikkas most definitely wasn't bumping no X down in the city New Orleans, it was Cash Money or NL and other Southern artists

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps

Not to discredit your opinion, but I was in that era where Hov and your X and the East Coast nikkas that most on here hold high wasn't getting no radio play down south in these major cities and major events with the exception of Biggie and Mase

nikkas down south was not bumping X, Hov, or any East Coast nikka not named Biggie, Mase, LL, without them having a Southern artist co-sign, Facts.

If so, give me a song by any East Coast nikka, Redman, Method Man or anybody that nikkas down south bumped heavily in their radios?

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Not to discredit your opinion, but I was in that era where Hov and your X and the East Coast nikkas that most on here hold high wasn't getting no radio play down south in these major cities and major events with the exception of Biggie and Mase

nikkas down south was not bumping X, Hov, or any East Coast nikka not named Biggie, Mase, LL, without them having a Southern artist co-sign, Facts.

If so, give me a song by any East Coast nikka, Redman, Method Man or anybody that nikkas down south bumped heavily in their radios?
I don't know I'm 23 and from California

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
:flabbyNY: nikkas being mad again

and yes I know she from NJ, but lets not act like she aligns herself with NY now:umad:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Always shyt on the south, but ignore the up north artists who the machine used to start mixing different region's sounds together

Cause that would mean going at Jay-Z, and white supremacy. And they don't want smoke

I'm dissappointed in Rah
the rap game is a political game, nikkas who even credit themselves for being real aint "real" because they will only address what will not hurt their pockets, and ass kiss those who should be critiqued/addressed

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And fwiw i dont remember the south getting that much hate until snap music and 'ringtone rap' got popular like dem franchize boys, d4l, soulja boy etc. This was also around the same time NY began to lose prominence (circa 05-06)

Granted im 27 so it may have happened in 90s before i started paying attention to music like that.

Pit Bull

GATOR
Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw Mafia
I hear ya.. I also hate ppl who call out people for doing the same thing, their favs do! All the shyt you talked about, NY artists did the same shyt afterwards LOL
ALL them nikkas did songs with those "trash" south artists and rapped on the same beats when $$$ started to look funny

flavor-flav-is-enjoying-his-marriage-life-with-wife-and-children-find-out-more-about-his-personal-life-and-affairs.jpg

These shyts is corny as shyt and worse than anything to ever come out the south. Laffy taffy and Soulja Boy ain't as corny as these shyts. NY nikkas was always tryna come wit some corny ass dance when most southern rappers wasn't even on that bullshyt.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
And for the record early 90s - early '00s southern rap goes but y'all can keep this microwave trap nonsense. Atlanta's sound used to be slick af and cool, now it's just dumbass jiggaboo music. When I'm at the barbershop, etc. I can't help but :scust: at that trash ass shyt. Buncha obnoxious 80s patterns and dudes who can barely sing doing that same lame-ass auto-tune dumbed down Lord Infamous flow. I'm sick of it.

The entire rap game is using some version of the "sticatto flow" to sound more lyrical than they are damn near,and it works. But it glosses over the fact cats aren't saying anything dope,they just sound more technically proficient in terms of flow,and appear more lyrical. Migos actually had dope lyrics unlike the rest of these jokers using some variation of that flow. You are being very disrespectful and probably not even listening to southern rap now,there are as many different styles in the south as there ever were. You want to fault the south because thats where all the media and marketing money is going to now. So unfortunately we have to hear every wack southern rapper with a record thats hot. When NY had the media and marketing dollars we had to hear plenty of wack New York nikkas. Difference is you are trying to paint it as though those one hit wonder ,viral hit southern rappers are the pulse and heart of the south:comeon:. This would be like me saying the Chicken Noodle Soup girl,Tony Yayo,Mr Cheeks were the heart of New York:mjlol:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
True but utilizing those skills could’ve been ..ain’t that how she met ma$e and Stevie J

:yeshrug:

she might've been signed before mase.

I don't know about them, but that might've been how she met tommy hill(ram squad) & joey merlino.:lolbron:

Pit Bull

GATOR
Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw Mafia
Master P.

Ppl really do show their age.

Master P was on the Forbes bud. X and Jay wasn't no where in nikkas radio systems in the south, P and No Limit.and Cash Money underground had more impact

Hov wasn't even being played in the South bud until UGK gave him the pass.

X got on from having "What these bytches Want" Truth be told, X wasn't being pushed down here until he made that song.
These nikkas have to be young.

The South's takeover started in the late 90s with Master P period.

Lol at 2005 that's the damn lean wit it rock wit era. nikkas Don skipped over the crunk era and everything.