The Roland Martin Discussion Thread

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
We went in on all the black business opportunities by American black people too :damn:

Said his critics dont even run businesses have passports :damn:

And this is right after interviewing the Ghanian president earlier in the same clip :wow:

@Raymond Burrr @Red Shield @Michael's Black Son @Trajan @Sukairain @YouMadd? @Basil of Baker Street @SupremexKing @#1 pick @Clutch Robinson @Cat piss martini @AndroidHero @Pirius Black @ba'al @panopticon @johnedwarduado @SJUGRAD13

How do you feel about Rollie on yesterday's episode shytting on young voters and specifically young black voters for needing something to vote for instead of doing the old "any blue will do"?

Rollie the tired trope master.

The lack of knowledge?

Blacks still see Africa through the lense of 1950's Tarzan movies?
:unimpressed:

Blacks still think Africa is a country?

Blacks can't name 5 countries in Africa?

The Bookie

I live by two words: Fcuk you, pay me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
You are blowing smoke up the arse of Rolly-Polly Martin because he gave a puff-peice interview to the most corrupt Ghanaian president, ever?

A man who has appointed over 60 of his relatives into government positions. A man who sends goons to intimidate journalists and media personalities that criticise him.

Is this what passes for "black journalism", going into 2020, to be an unwitting propagandist for feudal and authoritarian heads of state?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
:mjlol: okay Roland.

EMfq3DtWsAEpMgC

I don't do social media, but somebody might want to ask the guy who posted that what the President of Ghana has to do with a local chief giving a token honorary gesture to a white guy.

After all, Bill Clinton is an honorary member of Phi Beta Sigma.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
That means they are doing the right thing!

Anytime you are gonna stop people money by exposing the truth, they all hate you. You should know that, the man in your AV did this exact thing, and paid for it

Yvette & Tone is needed. They remind me of hip hop in the 90's when they would tell the truth about the industry, when no one said anything about it. If it weren't for rappers, we wouldn't know how fukked up the music industry is.

• Malcolm X was hated because he was an extremely intelligent, eloquent, and uncompromising Black nationalist muslim.
  • Tone and Yvette are hated because they are overly confrontational, have no resume, arrogant, attack Black empowerment pioneers, and down play the benefits of African-Americans practicing group economics and entrepreneurship in favor of baby bonds and cash payouts.

Not the same at all.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
How do you feel about Rollie on yesterday's episode shytting on young voters and specifically young black voters for needing something to vote for instead of doing the old "any blue will do"?

Rollie the tired trope master.

The lack of knowledge?

Blacks still see Africa through the lense of 1950's Tarzan movies?

Blacks still think Africa is a country?

Blacks can't name 5 countries in Africa?
bruh, theres no such thing as a perfect candidate.

and you won't get shyt with Trump.

So all this cutting down imperfect people is bullshyt.

heres the clip you're talking about:

truth2you

All Star
Daps
  • Malcolm X was hated because he was an extremely intelligent, eloquent, and uncompromising Black nationalist muslim.
  • Tone and Yvette are hated because they are overly confrontational, have no resume, arrogant, attack Black empowerment pioneers, and down play the benefits of African-Americans practicing group economics and entrepreneurship in favor of baby bonds and cash payouts.
Not the same at all.
I see you are ignoring the truth. Malcolm called out people in the same way Yvette & tone do. I seen the doc on his murder, and I'm convinced NOI had him killed because he told the truth. Malcolm was HATED by Muslims back then, and when he got killed they celebrated. Talk to older people, and see how much he was hated for telling the truth, and they knew it, but they felt he should have kept it to himself.

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
nikka how the fukk you get PBT, TBA, TN, and bowling ball Martin all against you at the same time? You got the old and new black media tryna stop you out in unison. Smh
Please go and watch Dr. Claude Anderson's interview he did on the Breakfast Club last week and you will see why. Whatch the entire interview don't skim through it:ufdup:

Jemmy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not the same at all.

Now they have no resume? Give me a break. First he wasn’t a real lawyer. Then he wasn’t really Emmy nominated. The goalposts change way too much.

Once again their whole point is you can’t practice black group economics with pennies and no laws passed to empower you. It leaves you vulnerable. This is why time and time again black business has either failed, been destroyed, or bought out. The Black Capital is just not there to maintain it. That is a direct result from slavery. This has been there whole point you guys are just in your feelings about the truth.

Black Group Economics without any laws passed to truly empower it and close the racial wealth gap will either fail or be bought out. It’s why we barely have any industries left. We have been subjected to the permanent consumer class.

GMoney

Nostalgia Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Abundance
C'mon bruh... Roland listed several businesses and talked about the reality of the situation and I don't see ANY of these people talking to legit black leaders like this.

Criticism is one thing, but the system is the system and black leaders DO exist.

Not even Tariq has the ear of presidents bruh

That was pure fluff and not a counterpoint to anything that Tone and Yvette said. I don't even ride fully with their take on this, but the vid I saw so far was not a rebuttal.

Who doesn't know that there are businesses or business opportunities in Africa? The whole narrative of the ignorant black American not knowing or having a false perception of Africa as a hindrance to doing business over there is not the case.

Black Americans with the means and the intent to do something in Africa were doing things before this year of return outreach. The factors that inhibited such connections (white supremacy, lack of capital) on either side are still in place.

The IMF still has its crosshairs on Ghana and bringing over a bunch of rich black Americans to invest doesn't speak to the broader economic growth challenges in that country and the rest of Africa. That's the reality.

Let's not hide behind Yvette and Tone's intractable position on anything African to make out the Year of Return outreach for something it's not.

But it's this coupled with the Boyega nonsense that made me unfollow them on Twitter with Tone's stupidity about plane tickets as if not paying a premium when you go to Africa for the first time is not the smartest course. Obviously, people are overpaying for the experience and to be guided around. Does he want ados showing up in Accra, Lagos or any part of West Africa for the first time doing everything alone and on the cheap? That part made no sense, but there was a lot of valid criticisms there despite their given bias. This Roland video did nothing to counter that.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not the same at all.

Ive seen the giant text right here on this board from so called black people..

They even post statistical data that shows black people are broke and shouldn't even think about practicing group economics..

Shyt was very disturbing..

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
I don't do social media, but somebody might want to ask the guy who posted that what the President of Ghana has to do with a local chief giving a token honorary gesture to a white guy.

After all, Bill Clinton is an honorary member of Phi Beta Sigma.
The president? Nah, they’re pushing this “great return” shyt, and from where I’m sitting it just looks like a money grab

I mean, do I get my own Crown and royal garbs too? Or is there a fee :sas2:

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
bruh, theres no such thing as a perfect candidate.

and you won't get shyt with Trump.

So all this cutting down imperfect people is bullshyt.

heres the clip you're talking about:

The same can be said of Rollie and peers when it comes to "Electability" and "we just need to nominate someone who can beat Trump".

:snoop:

I was in Rollie's chat trying to get people understand that people ain't looking for a "Perfect" candidate but someone who is talking about policies that will actually improve people's lives. POLICIES not Platitudes. TANGIBLES. Young voters ain't stupid.

I don't know why Rollie and his peers are so fn dense on this. Michael Moore just explained this perfectly. Elect a centrist to face Trump and Trump wins again.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
I see you are ignoring the truth. Malcolm called out people in the same way Yvette & tone do. I seen the doc on his murder, and I'm convinced NOI had him killed because he told the truth. Malcolm was HATED by Muslims back then, and when he got killed they celebrated. Talk to older people, and see how much he was hated for telling the truth, and they knew it, but they felt he should have kept it to himself.

Don't compare those two to Malcolm X.

Please go and watch Dr. Claude Anderson's interview he did on the Breakfast Club last week and you will see why. Whatch the entire interview don't skim through it:ufdup:

I watched it twice already.

Now they have no resume? Give me a break. First he wasn’t a real lawyer. Then he wasn’t really Emmy nominated. The goalposts change way too much.

Don't assign other people's opinions onto me, respond only to what I actually communicate to you. With that said, becoming a Lawyer is the beginning of the discussion, after you tell someone you're a lawyer the next questions are:

How many cases have you won?
Do you have your own practice?
Do you actively practice today?

The only case we know about is him causing Rick Ross to take huge losses where Rick Ross lost his producer credit in a story about HIS OWN LIFE. BTW the story that was Emmy nominated that Tone somehow got a credit on eventhough his client didnt.

Once again their whole point is you can’t practice black group economics with pennies and no laws passed to empower you. It leaves you vulnerable. This is why time and time again black business has either failed, been destroyed, or bought out. The Black Capital is just not there to maintain it. That is a direct result from slavery. This has been there whole point you guys are just in your feelings about the truth.

The problem with this statement is that it is false because we had our own businesses, restaurants, banks, and store prior to integration. The real reason why it was hard to maintain is because White racists sabotaged us at every stop. That doesn't mean we roll over and die. This plan of "let's get reparations then figure out how to work together" is asinine. What will happen if your plan comes to fruition is that there will be a select group of people that work to move us forward but a lot of others are going to spend all their money up outside the community instantaneously. We need to build the economy first which is possible with our current resources, if it wasn't all these Asians, Hispanics, and Arabs wouldn't be sending their kids to college off our dollar.

Black Group Economics without any laws passed to truly empower it and close the racial wealth gap will either fail or be bought out. It’s why we barely have any industries left. We have been subjected to the permanent consumer class.

This just sounds like "save me" rhetoric. If Jesus aint gonna come save you, you'll take the next best thing, the White man.