The Roland Martin Discussion Thread

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I think that the cop stuff, moreso than the spouse is her issue. California and the law is not a good mix and she is probably looked at as a perpetrator of it, rather than a proponent of change.
As someone who's been studying her moves since the mid 2000s heavy when in politics, I'll say it's a mix of everything. A lot of BW don't believe in her. To be frank, they don't have reason to either.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Kamala Harris does not come off as trust worthy at all.

Yall remember how her and Cory Booker jumped on the Jussie Smollett bandwagon back in Feburary in order to get LGBTQ protections added onto an anti-lynching bill in congress? Then it was founs out it was a hoax? Then she tried to pretend like it never happened in interviews and deleted the tweets about it? From then I just knew she was suspect. Then I heard other people talking about her track record as a DA and how she was responsible for putting so many Black people behind bars.

Cant get behind this woman even though she means well...her efforts to try to procure the black vote are borderline insulting like somehow we're devoid of any recognition of any issues.

I dont even care that she married a white man...Kamala is not the candidate I would support for reasons beyons that. She's in bed with the Prison Industrial Complex...that is nothing no black man or black woman should support especially considering the high racial disparities in incarceration in America.

SouljaVoy

♥ Black Love
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta,GA
She's married to a white man.

Automatic disqualification. :camby:

Ya'll can say her being a bedwench doesn't play a role, but it does.

Imagine if Obama was married to a white woman, he would not have been the president because Black People wouldn't have stood behind him like we did.

Your partner plays a huge role.

She sleeps with the enemy, so therefore she is the enemy. :francis:

Ya?

Banned
Daps
look i'm not concern with how black people here and there recognize whatever, in America people at a glance would see her as a black woman

No one calls her black other than some foolish black people who can’t tell a BW from one pretending to be one.

And I think more black women are getting sick and tired having mixed race women with black fathers shoved down their throat as black Women.

Kamala Harris is an opportunist and is exploiting black people for political clout because Indians don’t have history in America that black Americans have. Her dad is a biracial/mixed man of Jamaican origin. What connection does she have to the black American community. Politics aside.

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
Lol I heard him sending shots at the "New Black Media".

nikka we see you trying to switch yo steez up since Proff Black Truth / JBlack been clowning.

Talking about Imma text "Marc Morial and Sharpton right now". You mean those same sell outs who undermined Byron Allen by taking money from Comcast.

:unimpressed:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Lol I heard him sending shots at the "New Black Media".

nikka we see you trying to switch yo steez up since Proff Black Truth / JBlack been clowning.

Talking about Imma text "Marc Morial and Sharpton right now". You mean those same sell outs who undermined Byron Allen by taking money from Comcast.

:unimpressed:
Roland is more connected than Jason Black. Thats just a fact. Dude has presidential candidates, congressmen/women and senators on his show. black academics and professors and business leaders...etc.

Roland IS black media. No use in fronting.