The Roland Martin Discussion Thread

LexLuthor

CEO of LexCorp
Daps
Gambled on what? There were only white people running in 2016? Are you saying Roland should have voted for Bernie? :ld:

The poster below me gets it.
:ld:roland martin shouldve voted for roland martin and stayed his azz right behind that journalist desk instead of trying to play political kingmaker. in a minute, hillary and bernie are both gonna fade into cac bolivia and theyll both be just fine with their $$$millions. come 2020, youll never hear from roland again as a journalist on any of the major news networks. and tariq, yvette, pbt, black authority etc are gonna use his youtube endeavors and aspirations as a cat scratching post.

screenname01

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be fair, Roland wasn't the only black person to come up and kiss the ring. People far more famous than him did so. Ex: Stevie Wonder.

But you're right, he should have been more of a journalist and less of a wannabe trendsetter/gatekeeper at that time.
you right about that, but stevie wonder still gets six figure royalty checks from ascap that he forgot were even coming bcuz hes so rich:mjgrin: roland martin fukked up pretty bad with his political miscalculations. its over for him as a news anchor:mjcry:

Last edited:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I can’t really dispute anything he’s saying. You ever seen the black history display in Target or some shyt?
DwUHVI2XQAE3FE-.jpg

I mean they make all kinds of money off us.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
fired and cancelled mean the exact same thing when youre packing up your shyt and leaving the building for good:mjcry:

people get fired all the time, it don't always mean their role/job position no longer exists. the fact they didn't hire someone else is telling.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
And we could easily have a black media platform on one of these so called black stations but obviously them stations don’t believe in them as much as them reality shows and other bullshyt smh. I still think TV One was stupid AF for cancelling that show. Roland was actually doing ok over there and he gave us Angela Rye and others that y’all love(or hate) like these stations could set up a desk and a background and like 2 cameras EASILY. They just don’t want to though.

screenname01

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
people get fired all the time, it don't always mean their role/job position no longer exists. the fact they didn't hire someone else is telling.
:mjgrin:what if i told you that the white media sometimes uses black journalists as buffers to further white supremacy? then once white supremacy's task is completed they drop those black journalists like hot potatoes:mjgrin: